Sunday 3 December 2023

Your lovely Colour Cards

 












Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

From a cold and frosty Gloucestershire,  the freezing fog didn't clear yesterday so the ice didn't melt at all.  


How beautiful is nature?


This looks like the most intricate lace! 

Milo likes someone to go outside with him in the morning,  so I got wrapped up and intended to be out 5 minutes, 45 minutes and about 30 photos later my hands were frozen so I went in and had a lovely cuppa, the garden was like a winter wonderland, nature can create the most beautiful things, if my hands weren't as cold I would have been out hours, Paul was fetching logs from the wood pile to stack in the porch.  It felt a lovely way to start the weekend. 

I really enjoyed trying different colouring methods this past couple of weeks, as you can see from the different techniques above, it is so easy to get stuck in our ways, using techniques we are 'comfortable' with.  Doing a bit of 'googling ' to research different techniques has really kicked my craft mojo into gear and I have been excited to sit and create again, my hope is that I can inspire some of you to do the same.  

Karen


Karen's Description:

Some different colouring using a mixture of paint pens, carbello chalks and pencils The arms, legs and eyes have glossy accents too.






Karen's Description:

Here’s a coloured background created with Pixie Powders on black gloss card which doesn’t photograph very well.

Your Gingerbread man (or person) looks fantastic in Kraft card, it looks perfectly baked !  Your colouring brings him to life, I love the rosy cheeks.

Your deer card with the Pixie powder background is stunning,  as hard as it is to pick up on camera you can see the glittery colours in the close up.  I bet it really catches the light in person.  It's so easy to forget these lovely background ideas. 
Thank you so much for supporting the challenge XXX

Lilian 

Lilian has created a beautiful Christmas card, a beautiful glittered pattern in the background with the pretty holly stamped over it, those beautiful snowflakes finish the card perfectly.

Thank you so much Lilian for creating such a beautiful Christmas card XXX 


*****************

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday my dear sweet friends.

Janet I hope you are ok, we all miss you xxx

Love and huge hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx




6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    A lovely selection of cards today 😍
    No frost here this morning, we’ve had rain and it’s much milder!
    Had a relaxing day yesterday. Managed to do one load of washing. Up early this morning and I’ve dusted, just waiting for Mark to get up then I can hoover! I’m trying to persuade him to get the Christmas decorations out, but he’s already said it’s too early 🥺
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards ladies I enjoyed trying different colouring mediums
    It is just wet and cold here OH is off to Chelsea today but there’s a train strike So he’s got to get a bus to a different town and catch one there It will be a long day and so will give me some free time to catch up on some crafting
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all, still very cold and wet here today.

    Had some bad news this morning. My brother went for his 6months check up after having a tumour removed from his bladder and treatment, was given the all clear, but they have now found another tumour, they are hoping to remove it in a couple of weeks, and then they will discuss where they go from there.

    Love your cards today, and look forward to using my embossing folders.
    Have a good rest of the day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely cards today, so much inspiration from you all xxx
    Sonia we haven’t got our decorations out yet, John did ask me last week if he should bring them down from the loft, I said it was to early, but I see quite a few of the neighbours around have put theirs up…… maybe next week. I’m a real Bar humbug, but he will if I let him have them on every wall, picture, mirror or shelf, I think less is more! As I said Bar humbug.
    Karen hope you have had a good day, haven’t seen the football results yet so not sure if your OH has!
    Lillian sorry to hear about your brother, I’m sure he will be getting the very best of care 🙏
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Beautiful cards ladies. Love the difference technique.
    So sorry Lilian to hear about your brother. Sending hugs to you and your family .
    I haven't done anything today, not such a good day but hopefully I can get into town tomorrow to get Molly and Louise's presents.
    Janet, miss you. Hope you are alright.
    Many hugs to you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I loved seeing the photos of the houses. Mum had the same clothes horse that Dad made for her. Sometimes she would put a blanket over it after turning it onto its side which made a fantastic little camp for me and my brother. She also had the same yellow with black and white stripe pallet knife which I found a few weeks ago in a little used drawer when I was doing some packing for Pop 🥰
    Lovel to see some of Jack Frosts stunning work. It is the one thing I like in this cold weather.
    Lilian, sorry to hear about your brother. Everything crossed that they can treat it quickly 🤞
    Chris and Gem are getting the decs out of the loft tomorrow. It is early for us to get them up but Gem has the day off and
    we all agreed that we wanted them up early this year as the last few years we have been really late. I’ve not been doing too much the last couple of days apart from trying to round up the few Christmas cards that I have made over the year so we can get them into the post or had delivered. So I vviuk . Friday I managed to slam the car door onto the fingers of my left hand 2 luckily it didn’t break the skin but it’s a bit painful then I fell over walking round our bed last night and landed on the same wrist!!! I was really lucky that I didn’t do any serious damage!! Stay warm my lovely friends. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete