Friday 29 December 2023

I had a crafty afternoon!

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Anyone else have no idea what day of the week it is?  

We had another wild and windy day yesterday,  with more rain in the afternoon, Paul managed a couple hours in the garden but I stayed on the warm.  To stop me from nodding off on the sofa I thought I would do some crafting,  I had some new Tim Holtz stamps before Christmas so I thought I'd have a play with them.

I stamped the image in vintage photo distress ink first (onto watercolour paper), then I wiped over the stamp and adding a little water to the leaves and red petals of the poinsettia then added dIstress watercolour pencils in Candied Apple and Rustic Wilderness to the areas I had added water too, a quick spritz of water and then stamp over the vintage photo ink (benefits of using stamp platform).  It gives a bit of a watercoloured look, the vintage photo gives a vintage hue to the usually bright colours.  

Before I cleaned my stamp,  I added another light spritz of water and stamped on an off cut of card....


I actually love this image as much as the original, so I will find a way to use it. 

I hope that you all have a lovely Friday,

Love and hugs to you all,

Sandra
xxxxxx


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so effective Both images look amazing
    I wish I was more like you and able to distract myself to not fall asleep I sometimes cannot function without a short nap
    Nothing much happening today If I can summon up the energy I might try a bit of crafting
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely card Sandra. I like both versions and looking forward to see what you make with the second part.
    Wishes for anyone not feeling good to soon be better. I have a duvet day. OH had to go shopping by himself today.
    Have a nice day and take care. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete