Monday 4 December 2023

An old Embossing folder technique

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Well needless to say we didn't get our forecast snow, we got torrential rain instead, yesterday was grey and gloomy all day.  

We popped out to see if we could get some spring bulbs, we are late for getting them in but that ended up being a bonus, we went to a garden centre that we used years ago as it was reasonably priced, sadly they had no bulbs left, I did get a beautiful Cyclamen though.!  The chap recommended we went to Burford Garden centre, which is our nearest, we drive past it every time we go out, it is hands down the most expensive garden centre around, it's extortionate, the beautiful Cyclamen i bought for £5.99 was £20 for equivalent size at Burford!   But. ... they had the hugest rabge of Spring bulbs all half price, so we bought quite a few!  

Today's I am sharing a card I made on Friday, using a old technique, I inked up the folder with a lighter grey ink, then stamped the trees in Basic Grey, first generation for the tree in the centre then 2nd & 3rd generation to give the trees the effect of being further back. Add a piece of card and emboss.  I layered the card onto Basic Grey card and added some bright red birds to brighten the card, I stamped the sentiment in Real Red and used a layered punch.  An oldy that still looks good! 

I hope you have a great start to your week,

Love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra xxxx


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, it’s beautiful 😍
    I still haven’t managed to craft, but I’m thinking about it ☺️
    Put the decorations up last night, I’ve been fiddling with the tree this morning! (Perfecting it, as you do 😂) The lights we usually have around the window had a few bulbs that weren’t working, but Mark still put them up 🙄 so I’ve taken them down and put some normal tree lights around the window which look ok, and at least they’re all working!
    Another wet day here! Bring back the cold, frosty mornings please.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card. I love the birch trees and the pop of red makes the card . Very nice.
    Out and about this morning but not too good so had liked to stayed at home. Cold and wet it is as well.
    I wish you all a good day. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, cold and wet here too. Mr tumble drying working hard today.

    Sandra, hope things improve very soon.

    Going to pick up our new glasses this afternoon. R only has to have new driving glasses, but I have my bifocals and new reading glasses, I knew I needed them.

    Not doing much else, have a good afternoon.Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s card Sandra, the little red birds really made the it look seasonal. I think quite a few of us have this embossing folder, must get mine out and have a play.
    We have had a very wet day it’s been horrible, wet and damp all day, the sort of damp that gets into your bones. How are you coping Lynda and Janet?
    Ladies stay safe and warm.
    Have a good evening, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a lovely card. I love the pop of red against the grey and white. Glad you managed to get your spring bulbs at a bargain price. Our local garden centre is very expensive too for most things. Gem and I had our annual pre Christmas wonder around there this afternoon but didn’t get any bargains except for a couple of pretty porcelain snowflakes tree decorations which were only £2.50. My joints aren’t good now but it’s always lovely to spend time with Gem.
    I hope to get to my desk tomorrow even if only for an hour or two. Must get some cards finished. Definitely don’t post so many now. The price of stamps is ridiculous!
    I hope you are all nice and snug. It’s not so cold but very wet here now. I agree with you Sonia, bring back the frosty weather. Sending hugs to you all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete