Monday 11 December 2023

More Pine embossing!

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you have all had a lovely weekend and are ready for another busy week!  I have really got to get some Christmas shopping done, Paul and I ate going into Swindon to so some shopping today, I am hoping it won't be too busy because its a Monday! 

Are you all finished with your shopping??

Today's card I made yesterday afternoon to try and keep my mind busy because every time I thought about how badly wrecked Lucy's car was I wanted to cry!  Anyway here is how I made it.....

I cut and folded a piece of Kraft card to make a DL size card base. Next came embossing the green card, I it down to 1/4 inch  shorter than base cards, I had to cut 2 pieces and join them, the seam is hidden behind the poinsettia.  To enhance the pines a added a little gilding wax with my finger and  very lightly skimmed over pine branches.  I adhered .the green embossed card to the card base, then added the stamped and sentiment and embossed with Gold Embossing powder.  

Now comes the Poinsettia,  I don't know wby I bought this particular Poinsettia die set, I don't like its abstract style!   But we must use these things,  to add colour to the Poinsettia I spritzed two lots of watercolour card with Mica Spray (Tim Holtz) and die cut the pieces, I added gilding wax to the upper layer of the die cut pieces, to giveva little definition. I carefully placed leaves to make sure the join in the green card.  I quite like how it turned out,  that green card looks lovely against the kraft card. 

I hope that you all have a great start to the week, 

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Love and hugs,

Sandra xxxxxx 






6 comments:

  1. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Another beautiful card today I love the combination of the dark green and gold.
    Hope you are okay and of course Lucy, each day the pain of what happened will ease, but when these things happen, it just seems like the end of the world doesn’t it , be strong for her and she’ll be fine, I just hope she’s able to get back on the road as soon as possible, for one thing to keep her confidence going, which has taken a very hard knock. XX
    Have a good day ladies I’ve reached a stage where I’ve got some keep making lists of things to do, presents to buy, what I have bought and I haven’t finished the Christmas card yet. Hey Ho, let’s just plod on and keep smiling. Ha ha.
    Sending gentle caring. Hugs for everyone. Love Brenda XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card today 😍
    I hope you and Paul have a successful shopping trip. I’m just back from shopping, got a few more bits but I’m struggling 😕
    Hope you’re all ok and Lucy and Flynn aren’t in too much pain or discomfort xx
    Hope everyone has a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love today’s card I can see what you mean about the poinsettia but I like it Maybe layer it up more….?
    I hope you have a successful trip to Swindon So far I have ordered a couple of bits online I tried to physically buy something today and it was out of stock!
    I hope the physical injuries are healing Emotionally it will take a bit longer for all of you
    Take care everybody xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love the card Sandra, beautiful card that green. The poinsettias are not that bad.😊
    Hoping that you are alright and of course Lucy and Flynn will be okay.
    Take care
    Had another tip run today with the old carpet. Popped in to Dunelm and bought some new bedding and posted more Christmas cards and came home to find one from someone we missed, so one more to make 🤭. A hot chocolate and a Christmas movie will help 😊
    Sending warm hugs to you all and to our missing friends. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all, dry but cold.

    Sandra another lovely card, I’ve spent all day doing another card, but not very happy with it, but time is running short, so will have to be ok.
    Hope Lucy and Flynn are beginning to recover, although I expect the bruises are coming out now. Arnica gel is great for bruises.

    Hope you had a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. You are usually good at remembering why you bought a die etc but you have made a lovely card. And you have aced the gilding wax over the embossing. You are all in shock so please be gentle with yourself just the same as you will be doing to Lucy and Flynn my lovely xx
    I’m pleased I have crossed off some jobs on my to do list today and hope to do more tomorrow 😁
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete