Monday 18 December 2023

Karen's Beautiful Birthday card

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I think I finally started to turn the corner and started feeling better, the hardest thing has been the headache, I have had a severe headache causing me to feel nauseous since Tuesday,  my tinnitus has been 50 times worse than usual,  causing me to be almost completely deaf. My head feels somewhat better but nowhere near back to normal.  I did manage an hour outside planting some bulbs, it felt good being in the fresh air.  

What did you all get up to ??? 

Today I am showing this gorgeous card that Karen made, just look at that beautiful background, it looks like lace, so pretty ! 

Karen's Description:

It’s not dry embossing but I was really pleased how this turned out eventually How many times does something evolve from your original idea!

A Serif background that I matched - with the “dropper” to create a mat that I cut the Julie Hickey dies from and wrote the sentiment.

It seems like ages since you made a Serif based card, your card shows what an amazing tool Serif is, if you know how to get the use out of it that is!  I can see that you are going to get a lot of use out of those Julie Hickey Flower dies. 

Thank you so much for letting me share your card XXX

I hope that you all have a great start to the week,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my card
    It does feel like ages since I used Serif for making a card, although daughter’s wedding invites were created with it As I said to Sandra I rarely use patterned paper too These Julie Hickey dies are certainly my new favourite and I very nearly didn’t get them They were a last minute buy from Stamperama I enjoyed not doing messy for a change We went dancing yesterday afternoon which was nice
    Off to Craftea in a mo
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the card. The background is so pretty and the flowers are so beautiful so a happy last minute buy. Hope the op went well for the little one and he is not too sore.
    After all the work clearing out and cleaning yesterday I am pretty sore and achy today but think we will pop out to Lidl in a minute to get a few bits. Will speak to my parents this afternoon.
    Have a nice day everyone and wishing anyone better who are not 100% and in a lot of pain, take care. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love you card Karen, those flowers are beautiful 😍
    Finally got my cards posted today….fingers crossed they arrive before Christmas. I also sorted out all the presents I’ve got and what I still need to get - I’ve actually done better than I thought. Nothing like leaving it until the last minute though! 😬😂
    Lilian, hope you have a lovely few days with your Family when they arrive tomorrow 🥰
    Hope you’ve all had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a pretty card Karen. You certainly show what you can do to make lovely personalised cards digitally. I hope little ones op went well xx
    Sandra, I’m glad to hear that you are starting to feel a little better. 🤞your head clears very soon my lovely xx
    A busy day finishing putting the decorations in place after a late start due to not much sleep as my cough is so annoying at the moment! I hope to get to my desk tomorrow if only for an hour as I have to finish the close family cards.
    I hope everyone sleeps well. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Karen LOVE your card, you certainly know how to get the best out of your Serif.
    Sandra pleased that you are starting to feel better, let’s hope that you keep improving and will be able to relax and enjoy Christmas with your family xx
    Take care everyone. Sleep well, goodnight Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete