Friday 1 December 2023

Our Next Challenge

 



Sonia



Lilian 


Sue

Janet


Maria



Karen




Brenda







Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Welcome December,  let the craziness begin!!  Only joking, December is full of excitement,  anticipation, family & fun.   Although ours is usually tinged with frustration of not knowing what to gift, our lot tend to buy things as they need them, so when it comes to giving ideas they can't think of anything.  We have put a stop to the pointless gifting, we have always done a Christmas Stocking for each of them but when you add the total of all the little bits and pieces it comes to £75 - £100,  the girls have always had matching pj's but they aren't all here on Christmas morning so that's another thing that can stop, besides they have alm the Christmas pj's ftom last few years they can wear!  I feel like I'm being 'Baa Humbug' but I will fully admit to letting things get out of hand, watching the delight on their faces on Christmas morning is the best gift for myself, I love it 🥰😍

I think Lilian may be the only one of us that sees some Wintery weather as December begins today, I got excited yesterday when I looked out, as the hills looked like they were white behind the heavy mist/fog that hung over them, but as the sky cleared it was only a heavy frost.  It was lovely seeing Lilian's snow though!  If old wives tales are anything to go by we should have plenty of snow as every bush/shrub in our garden that has berries has them in abundance!  I think we may need to purchase a bag of road salt for our driveway as we have quite a hill.  Our village is on a steep hill too, in one part there as a salt bin every few yards, so I'm guessing it's quite an issue, you don't think about that when you view a house in July! 🤣😂       It will be an adventure,  we just have to make sure we have a stocked pantry and fridge.  

Our Next Challenge 

I asked in our chat group if there was anything in everybody's stash that they wish thst they used more, Karen suggested Embossing Folders and it was a popular choice, so dig out your embossing folders and lets look at the many ways we can use this very underated tool that most of us have a few of, I have quite the collection! 🤣😂
I added some of our past embossed cards to inspire you all.  
I hope that you enjoy this challenge xxx

Have a Fabulous Friday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking on the challenge of using embossing folders more I have a few and never think to get them out and I purposely have them in a drawer next to me to try and prompt me …🤣
    We have woken up to a harsh frost this morning and I certainly didn’t envy you Lilian It might be very pretty but I don’t like the cold My hands are already suffering with dryness and soreness
    Going out later to return a couple of bits to M&S I don’t like this business of “self return” mularky a) you don’t attach a label but just scan a barcode and b) where’s the face to face contact and personal attention
    We’re out dancing later
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Yesterday’s cards of both yours and Brendas were lovely to see again. You prove that even things you think are going into the bin can be perfect when looked at again. Both backgrounds look like you made them specifically for these cards 🥰
    Beautiful embossed cards today.
    A great challenge as like Karen I don’t use my ef’s enough but it can make such a difference to a card.
    I had a bed day yesterday so didn’t see any of Jack Frosts work but he has been very busy overnight here. It’s so pretty to look at from indoors😏 We are also forecast snow over the weekend but will believe it when I see it! We are having a look around a local town for some bits and pieces for presents today.

    Stay safe if venturing out everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Loving all the ‘embossed’ cards 😍 and a great idea for the next challenge.
    Very cold here, but no snow!
    Lilian, I bet it was a surprise for you to wake up to 😊 I love the snow as long as I don’t have to drive in it.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    good challenge for the next fortnight. I will have to look in the boxes if I can find mine. It is a bit of a mess at the moment.
    White frost everywhere here all day. I liked the photo Lilian and I love the snow as long it is white and on the mountain tops. The trees can look so amazing with the frost on them.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many warm hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete