Sunday 31 December 2023

Faux Watercolour card



 

Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Here we are at the last day of 2023, this year has absolutely flown by, its been a challenging for me healthwise, we also took on the mammoth task of moving house which was simply exhausting!  We are happy to be starting the New Year in our New Home though,  it was definitely the right decision.

How would you all sum up your year?  

Sue if you are managing to look in from Hospital everyone sends their love and wishes you a speedy recovery xxx

Today feels very odd, not having your cards to share,  it just doesn't feel like a Sunday without them!

I had some craft time yesterday afternoon,  this card was made with a new stamp set called "inked & Tiled "

I added Pumpkin Pie and Mossy Meadow ink to the stamp and then spritzed with water to give the faux watercolour effect, I stamped onto watercolour card, next I added water to the card around the flower and then a light wash of Burnt Umber around the flower ( I know its not perfect).  I die cut the image with a circle die and added that to an embossed background and then onto a Mossy Meadow base card.  I finished the card with a sentiment die cut with a banner die and finished with a linen thread bow.

I hope that you all have a lovely restful Sunday,  

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra zxx


6 comments:

  1. It does feel weird not seeing any of our cards! This whole Christmas period has felt weird to me Is it because I am now retired, so every day feels the same?
    Pretty card Sandra I will try this technique
    Hopefully you’re well and truly on the mend Sue
    Take care everyone and Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    SUE- I'm so sorry to hear you're in hospital. Hoping you're on the mend very soon and back home.Sending loads of hugs and love.

    I wish everyone a very happy/healthy/peaceful and safe New Year.
    Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card today 😍
    I can’t believe we are on the last day of 2023 - this year has flown by. Our highlight of the year has been welcoming little Teddy-Blue into our family, he brings so much joy to us all πŸ’™❤️
    Sandra, I’m so glad you’re happy in your new home, and I can’t wait to visit you on Wednesday 😍
    Sue, hope you’re feeling better soon, sending hugs xx
    Happy New Year everyone, wishing you all a happy and healthy 2024
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning everyone
    Beautiful card Sandra.
    Yes, this year have gone quickly but I can't wait to see the back of it as it has been a tough year with worries, hospital and doctors appointments with a lot of disappointments which have made me not feeling too good. We are having a quiet day, might have a walk later and celebrate the new year in with a Chinese. Talking to my parents this afternoon, well more shouting, my poor mother even with hearing aids does not hear very good.
    Janet- lovely to see you in, hope you and Jim are fine.
    Sending well wishes to anyone not feeling too good. Lilian do take care, Brenda- hope you are alright and Sue- sending many healing hugs and hope you soon are back home.
    Happy new Year to you all ! Love and hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone, l have to agree with you Sandra, today doesn’t feel like it’s Sunday at all, but then over the holiday period days just roll into one another. πŸ€” now what day is it today?
    Lovely card Sandra love the stamp you used.
    It’s great to know that you are happy in your new home, I hope Paul and the girls feel settled and happy also. One way and another it been a difficult year.
    Our year is ending on a sad note, my brother died on the 29th. But his sons can’t arrange his funeral yet because everything is shut down for the holiday season. It was the same when our parents died one on the 28th Dec 1998 and the other on the 29th Dec 1999 (a year apart) I still miss them both, John used to say Dad was his best friend they had such a great relationship.

    I hope Sue is starting to feel better and will soon be able to go home to Chris and the family. Sue you probably feel that Christmas hasn’t happened, I’m sure your family will to rectify that when you return home.
    We are not doing anything for New Year’s Eve. Just chilling out in front of the TV.
    Sending you all my very best wishes for a great New Year. I hope it will be a good one for everyone. πŸ˜‹πŸ€žπŸΎπŸ€ΈπŸ½‍♀️
    Love Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello all, well we are ending the year with another storm, with gale force winds so not much sleep tonight.
    Sorry to hear you have another visitor today, let’s hope it doesn’t last too long.
    Love your card today, going to have a go at this, I’ll probably mess it up. I have done some stamping (new stamp ) and am colouring it with my distress pencils.
    This year seemed to drifted by it’s very quiet here, now all the family have gone home, only see the grandchildren a couple of times a year, how fast they grow up.

    Sue, I do hope you will soon be feeling better and you will be home soon. Janet lovely to see you in today.

    Happy new year to all. Lilian

    ReplyDelete