Friday 15 December 2023

Embossed Poinsettia card

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you well, I am feeling slightly better, I had a lovely bath last night in an attempt to clear my sinuses and hoped it would help me relax a bit for bedtime too, I am still having sweats/ shivers and the coughing is annoying!  

Anyway while looking for a card to share today I came across this card, do you know what the title was.....

"My First Post Covid Card"  

What were the chances, it was from March 2022!  

Here is the Description:

For this card is used Black Soot Distress Ink applied with a brayer to the recessed side of the embossing folder, I spritzed it lightly and then took a piece of Pink Frog card, spritzed both sides of that too and then ran through the embossing machine 3 times (just to make sure), if you look closely the ink doesn't transfer perfectly but I love that, it looks textured in some places too, which is probably from spritzing with water. I will add that I tried this technique twice with different watercolour card before trying the Pink Frog, I found that it absorbed too much of the ink, the colour was too dark and didn't have the subtle look that this piece had. I decided to add some gold embossing to give a little bit of a luxurious feel, so I used an embossing pen on the centre of the poinsettias, I then took a script stamp to add that same gold around the background of the card too. I then matted the card onto a narrow gold mat and then onto black. I really like how this card turned out, I am going to have a play with some different colours today.

I hope that you all have a fantastic Friday,

Love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra 
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I have tried this technique once So thank you for the reminder
    It was lovely to see Maria yesterday and we had a right old catch up You other ladies were missed
    Need to make a couple of birthday cards today
    We’re out dancing tonight Might be spending a lot of the time in the tea room as my hips are very painful today
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card. I have a brayer somewhere, probably find it in February 😂
    Good to hear you feeling a bit better, just take care.
    Oh Karen, it was no good for you to sit on the busses so long. Look after yourself and yes it was nice to meet up yesterday.
    Hoping that Flynn will be alright.
    Went to Wickes this morning, that was my outing for the day. Trying my hands on baking, something is wrong 🤭 know it was a reason I never bake 🙄
    Hope you have a good day ladies. Many warm hugs to you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dry but very chilly.
    Love the card, must have a go at this technique.
    Not been feeling great today, cough and sore throat, so haven’t achieved any thing.
    Hope you are feeling better Sandra and getting plenty of rest.
    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I hope you are starting to feel better Sandra. Please take care and take life steady - one day at a time xx
    Lilian sorry to hear you are feeling rough, hope you will feel better soon. xx
    Love today’s card Sandra, great technique, I hope when I get a bit more energy I can try this one out.
    Hope everyone has had a good day.
    Sleep well, see you tomorrow, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete