Saturday 30 December 2023

Polaroid style Note cards

 



Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

I hope today finds you as well as possible,  I want to reach out and send healing hugs to Sue who is poorly with a Chest infection,  I hope you feel a little better today, Our Janet too, we miss you much, I hope you and Jim have had a lovely Christmas with family XXX 
I know Karen and Maria have been under the weather this week too so extra hugs to you too  XXX 

I am laughing as I am writing this because those of us not mentioned above are hardly kicking our heels with good health, maybe Gina is the exception to the rule!! 🤣😂😅

I had to reach out to StampinUp at the beginning of December as I had been notified that I was no longer considered a demonstrator as I hadn't spent enough during the last quarter, originally I wasn't too bothered however I had intended to stock up on some consumables before I stepped down,  so I reached out and explained that we had moved house and I had been unwell for some time, they responded to my email and they had kindly reinstated me as a demonstrator and I was at the same level, so kept the same discount level 👍👍👍

So I ordered extra plates for my little SU Diecutting machine,  that thing is a little workhorse and its a little bit wider than other small machines which makes such a difference, anyway I stocked up on plates, some card stock in my favourite colours and some ink refills, I then had a little browse and saw these gorgeous papers (6×6) called Meandering Meadows....






They are an updated version of the ones we had a couple of years ago, I always look on Pinterest before I buy anything to see how people have used them, I saw some beautiful cards.  So they went into my basket along with some other bits (all totally necessary of course) 🙄🤣😂

One project I saw was creating Polaroid style cards with them, so I cut down the papers and layered onto larger mat of white card to give the 'Polaroid' look, I decided to turn them into a set of notelets, you can remove the clip for posting if course.  I embossed the base cards, Blueberry Bushel, Bubble Bath & Pool party are the colours I used. I embossed the card bases and used the debossed side as it gave a subtler look. I saw a few versions 1 of which was a lady called Gloria Macnally. 

I hope that you all have as good a day as possible, sadly more wind and rain on the way!

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Some interesting buys from SU and the notelets/cards are lovely - great CAS cards when we’re in a hurry Would make a great challenge too
    Things are beginning to return to “normal ” Off for a quick walk in a mo to buy some delicious bread for lunch
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Very pretty notlet/ cards, I love the pictures. Very nice.
    Sending my thoughts to Sue, everything crossed that she soon be back home and be well again.
    Well wishes for anyone who needs it and hopefully you all will have a better day soon.
    Many hugs to you all., Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your cards, the papers are lovely ☺️
    Happy to hear SU reinstated you as a demonstrator, and you were able to stock up on crafty goodies ☺️
    Sue, and everyone not feeling 100% I hope you’re better soon, sending hugs xx
    Janet, we miss you, I hope you’re ok xx
    Have a good rest of the evening
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the note-lets you have made Sandra. So pleased you were able to get SU to reinstate you as a demonstrator. Well done you.
    Sorry to hear our Sue is poorly, sending love and caring hugs, hopefully they help and you will be back home soon Sue. xx
    Janet thinking of both you and Jim, hope you are both well xx
    Karen hope you enjoyed your walk and the fresh bread was a tasty treat xx
    Take care e,
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, rain again.
    Your cards are all great and and as Karen said would make great note lets and also as stand by for any occasion.
    Feeling shattered tonight, not quite sure why.
    Made full roast pork diner tonight, which was lovely but it completely tires me out doing dinner these days.
    Sorry to hear about Sue, do hope she will feel better soon.
    Have a good night Lilian

    ReplyDelete