Tuesday 5 December 2023

Christmas Embossed Card

 


Good Morning Ladies 

I think that I definitely prefer cold and frosty to wet and miserable,  with cold and frosty you have the beautiful icy miracles to look at, instead of muddy puddles and over flowing rivers!  The other thing is that you don't know what to wear, I had three layers at the start of the day but they got peeled down to just one by late afternoon, if it's cold you just keep snuggled up in your layers! 

Today I am sharing a card I made Friday using the Tim Holtz Pine Branches Embossing Folder, I like that it is only a partial emboss so you can create dimension, so it looks like you are peeking through the Pine branches at the little cottage,  I stamped the cottage in black Versafine Clair and added clear embossing powder, I find it helps when adding colour. I embossed the branches after stamping, it does a really deep emboss though and changed the thickness of the card a little.  To add colour to the branches, I used the wrong/black side of Cut & dry foam to add a light layer over the pine needles, it needed more so I used some Dr Ph Martins white paint, I used the same on the roof and snowy areas of the cottage and trees  for a little more snowy texture I ended up pouncing Distress crayon to give a rougher finish.  The sentiment is a magazine freebie.  To finish the card I used some of the Dr Ph Martins white paint, popping some on my glass mat and spritzing with water, I then took a fan brush and flicked and tapped paint all over the background to look like snow.   Something a little different to my every day style!  

I hope that you all get some craft time in today,

Sending love and hugs,  leaving extra for our absent friends,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Hello All, dry at the moment and not quite so cold.

    I love today’s card, I bought one of Tim’s deep embossing folders, but can’t get my Gemini to take it in.
    The little house just makes it look really wintery.

    Not sure what I’m doing today, have no card ideas yet, maybe I need to have a look at Pinterest to get some ideas.

    Hope you all have a good day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your card ๐Ÿ˜ The embossing and little house look lovely on the Kraft card ☺️
    Another miserable wet morning here ๐Ÿ˜• Looks better for tomorrow though.
    I’ve made two cards, yay ๐Ÿ˜€ Was short on table space though, so it was a matter of having to keep getting things out of my cupboard! All put away again for now, but it’s a start of getting back to crafting.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card SANDRA and so was yesterdays
    This layout looks especially good on Kraft card
    Knit and Natter was good this morning They’re such a lovely crowd
    Time for a Nana nap now
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A lovely card. Kraft card works so well with any natural type of card doesn’t it. I love how you have added snowflakes all over with white paint. This may sound totally daft but the first thing I saw when I looked at your card was the lady getting ready to dive off of the chimney. She is bending over with arms outstretched in front of her! Yes, I’m sure I’m the only one to see her, maybe I’m getting withdrawal symptoms as I still haven’t been near my desk. I can see me just dumping everything onto the floor so I can do some more cards. We have had a few busy days and tomorrow I am getting my hair cut. It desperately needs it. We hope to finish off the present shopping too ๐Ÿคž
    Then it will be wrapping them all up. I actually quite enjoy doing it when there is lots of time, rather than doing it all Christmas Eve!
    I hope you are all warm. It’s been wet/damp here again today. I would rather have the frost over rain any day. At least you get to marvel at Jack Frosts fabulous work ๐Ÿฅฐ
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love your card. Beautiful winter scene. Hoping to see some for Christmas ๐ŸŽ„
    Did a little decorations this morning before sister in law turned up for the day. No tree this year, a bit sad but need the space for other things ( everything that's around the bed at the moment). Bed will go into my room on the weekend, hoping floorboards can be done but carpet fitter first on the 8 of January. Guess it will give me a chance to sort some things out beforehand.
    Love and hugs to you all. Good night xxx

    ReplyDelete