Wednesday 27 December 2023

A Gorgeous Sparkly Christmas Card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all had a lovely Boxing day, I know that our Karen and Sonia had their big Christmas celebrations yesterday, ours was so peaceful,  we had a leisurely breakfast and then had a couple of hours in the garden, weeding pots and putting the last bulbs in, I know its late but it seems a shame to waste them, if they don't come up this year they will next year!  

We were both shocked when we came in and it was 3pm.  We were very much in need of a cup of tea and a slice of Genoa cake, I love genoa cake, the only place we found one was Tesco.  

I bought Paul a 'Growing Calendar' for Christmas and a new Wormery as ours is over 10 years old and needs upgrading,  the worms turn kitchen waste (peelings etc) much faster than ordinary compost heaps.  The calendar was really expensive for what it is, I thought the 'month pages' were the paper with seeds in but the seed paper is at the back of the calendar you just put pieces of the handmade paper into pots with compost.  I will do a review of it for you later in the week. 

Today's card is my gorgeous Christmas card from Our Brenda, I can't tell you how much it sparkles, so pretty, the image is just so cute too.  Brenda I must ask how you created that super shiny sentiment, it looks like really glossy paper, its so effective.  Thank you so much for such a beautiful card XXX

I hope that you all have an enjoyable day,

Love and hugs,

Sandra xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card from Brenda. The little mice are cute, and the sentiment is beautiful 😍
    I’m intrigued by Paul’s growing calendar, not heard of one of those before. Glad you had nice weather yesterday to be able to get in the garden. The weather in Dorset was quite good too, after looking like it may rain on the journey down. We were able to go for a walk with Teddy before lunch so that was nice 😊
    I feel I’ve been very lucky these last couple of days, as I haven’t had to cook at all! Mark cooked Christmas Day and Paul (Mollies stepdad) cooked a lovely roast dinner yesterday ☺️ Today we will just be having buffet foods, so another easy day 😊
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    I love your card from our Brenda. I used to have a whole set of these fun house mouse and I love them all.
    Curious about Paul's growing calendar , like to know more.
    Photos of Teddy is so nice to see Sonia. He is growing so fast and he look so cute in his little outfit. Any of you who have grandchildren are very lucky.
    Don't think we are doing much today, not looking nice outside so no walk. Will see what OH like to do later when he's awake.
    Have a good day everyone. Keep well, get better and many hugs to you all from me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Brenda You have coloured them beautifully too
    We had a lovely day yesterday at our daughters The grandchildren were great fun and had us laughing all of the time
    I managed to get a GP appointment today So at last I have antibiotics I hope I start feeling better tomorrow
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    So pleased you liked the card, I used a Spellbinders stamp. I love the cheeky mice and had great fun with it.
    I have had a really lazy day, in fact I have slept on and off most of the day. Hope today my mojo will have returned.
    Paul’s growing calendar sounds interesting, I’m sure he will get great pleasure from it.
    Hope you have all had a good day. Take care and sleep well.
    Goodnight, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS ……. I hope my mojo will have returned Tomorrow! XX

      Delete