Sunday 17 December 2023

The cards for last Challenge of the year

 








Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all enjoying a lovely relaxed Sunday,  this time next week we will all be busy with the Christmas Lunch preparations and wrapping the last of the gifts, do you all have family traditions that you take part in on Christmas eve?  We always had a 'picky tea'  then bathed all 4 children, got them in their new Christmas pj's,  these Christmas Eve Box things weren't a thing back then, (another way to squeeze more money out of you In my opinion ), the children then placed their stockings where they wanted Santa to leave their presents, they then put Mince pie and Milk for Santa, carrots outdide for Rudolph and hung Santa's Special 'Magic' Key on front door, the girls would then go to bed and Matt & Becca would watch Santa doing his Deliveries on Norad on the Computer. The laughs we have had trying to silently move all the Christmas gifts from where they were hidden upstairs down to the lounge without waking a child !! 

Sophie & Lucy have started their own tradition, it started about 5 years ago, on Christmas Eve they both take the day off work, the will go out for lunch, they open all the gifts they have bought each other, they have a list of Categories that they both buy from, full outfit, something funny, something to do, something to eat/drink,  toiletries, something useful and surprises, are some of the Categories.  They don't see their other halves either, 'Twismas' is a day totally dedicated to each other.  I hope they keep it going for many years to come. 

Your Embossed Cards 

Lilian 



Lilian's Description:

Card 1:  Hi here is my card for this week, old embossing folder, stamp is Honey Doo,  that doesn’t sound right, can’t remember the correct name. Same pens as usual and stickles to colour.

Card 2:  here is my card for this week, embossing top & bottom.  The Green glitter is Stickles Patina colour.

Lilian I loved both cards that you created for this Challenge,  your colouring is both beautiful and vibrant, the cards have similar stamp but the lovely vintage style looks so different from the crisp white embossed base card of this weeks card.  The extra little gens finish the card perfectly.  Thank you so much for taking part in this last challenge,  I know its a busy time of year XXX


Karen




Karen's Description:

Card 1: Here’s a new baby card I have made for my great niece

It’s a bargain bucket EF with background etc created on Serif and SueW elephant Sizzix hearts Aall and Create sentiment.

Cards 2  & 3:  Two cards using embossing folder

No idea of either brand! 

Merry Christmas embossed onto gold mirri card with Sue W poinsettia and JL foliage - it’s a bit too “in yer face” for me 

Second one is embossed on to white and matted onto a piece of Clarity card and a Tim Holtz tree

That baby card is so cute, I love the little footprint embossing folder, I don't think I've seen that one before, perfect for Baby cards.  

Thank you so much for taking part in this last Challenge, you have a lot of last-minute craft projects to finish so I really appreciate your time XXX


Sonia



Sonia's Description:

Here’s a couple of cards.
I’ve used Spellbinders 3D ‘snowflake’ embossing folder, The Stamp Market snowflakes die and sentiments.

Two gorgeous Christmas cards, I love that Stamp Market Snowflake die, its really different!  It also works perfectly with the Spellbinders embossing folder.  Thank you so much for taking part on the last challenge of the year. XXX

****************

14 cards between us for this last Challenge,  that's amazing Ladies, thank you so very much. ❤

I think we have had 24 Challenges this year with us moving to fortnightly challenges rather than weekly, you have all created some incredible cards for these challenges over the year Ladies, you have taken on new techniques,  rediscovered old ones and all masteted all manor of colouring and background challenges. I hope that you all got something out of taking part.  I know you know how grateful I am to all of you,  I do like to remind you all each week though, so thank you all my dear sweet friends ❤️ ❤ ❤

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    A great selection of beautiful cards 😍
    Thank you Sandra, for the challenges. I know I’ve lost my mojo recently, but without you and the blog, I think I would have given up completely. I’ll be sure to get back to it in the new year ☺️
    What a lovely tradition for Sophie and Lucy, they have such a special bond that I’m sure they’ll carry it on for years 😊 We always watched The Polar Express on Christmas Eve before the boys carried their stockings upstairs, singing Jingle Bells (a tradition we had at home when I was younger ☺️) Happy memories 🥹
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards ladies Thank you for taking part It certainly revived my use of embossing folders
    I have to admit I’m a bit like Sonia at the moment, without the challenges I’d rarely make a card So thank you for setting them
    The traditions we had were - the kids put a pillow case at the end of their bed - no stockings For breakfast we had Pop-tarts (can you still get these?) as they were wildly expensive and for one of their presents OH used to do a treasure hunt and leave various clues everywhere
    I hope Flynn’s surgery goes well
    My little grandson is also having surgery today - a tonsillectomy which obviously I’m worrying about
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Liked the saying yesterday and loved the photos you taken at the museum. I love those big prams and seeing all those old things. I used to buy rusks for Son. Thanks for letting us see them.
    The night of the 23 we put milk and ginger biscuits out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer's . We didn't have any stockings.
    Christmas eve used to be quite busy at home for it was all the cooking to do in the morning. 3 pm it was Santa's workshop on tv, a mix of Donald duck, Ferdinand, the Chipmunks and many others. First after that program it was time for the presents while the grown ups had coffee. Later in the evening we used to have rice- pudding with a coin in, maybe it was for good luck, can't remember.
    So sorry for not been making any cards for a while but the upstairs is still not finished and my craft stuff is all boxed up in the lounge for a while yet.
    The cards by you Sandra, Lilian, Sonia and Karen have been so nice to see the last fortnight. They are all beautiful and there are some lovely embossing folders around. Happy to see this challenge again one day.
    Hoping the operations have gone well for Flynn and your little grandson Karen. Hoping they both be alright.
    OH cleared out his wardrobe side yesterday and some other things that we keep in there and today it was my side and boy what a job to do but a must and quite satisfying when it was done .
    Sending many hugs to you all, take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, very dull here today.
    What a lovely display of cards today. Love them all, must remember to use me embossing folders more.
    I’ve been aching all over today so haven’t done much, a load of washing.
    Grandchildren are coming on Tuesday, so hope I feel better soon, still waiting for my appointment to see the GP, I suppose it will be next year now.
    Sandra thank you for all the work do do for the blog especially the challenge, which keeps us all crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Beautiful cards to finish this year ladies. Sorry I haven’t done any crafting again this week. I will try harder next year. Thank you for everything that you do for us on here and the other group chat, sorry gone totally blank so can’t remember the name of it! The challenges do make me try different techniques, thank goodness for Pinterest too 🤭
    🤞 both surgeries have gone well Sandra and Karen.
    I love hearing others Christmas traditions. Me and my brother always got to choose a pillowcase each from the airing cupboard to put at the end of our beds. They were all white linen so there wasn’t that much difference but we loved picking one out. Sherry and a mince pie for Father Christmas and a carrot for the reindeer was put out down stairs before we went to bed. Our 3 all had stockings at the end of their beds until one year when we were still waiting at 1am for the boys, who shared a room, to go to sleep. Father Christmas decided he would rather fill the stocking in the lounge from that year on! Before bed on Christmas Eve iur 3, ne and Chris would all snuggle together on the sofa after the children lit a candle each and I would read “The night before Christmas”. It was the only time I read that book and we found out recently that none of the children ever read it themselves as youngsters “because it was only that night it could be read” Such lovely memories 🥰 6 yr old Penny is looking forward to FC arriving but the 3 older ones have different ideas now but still like to see what is in their stockings 🤭

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, wrong button. Just going to say goodnight now everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete