Tuesday 12 December 2023

A couple of Oldies

 



Good Morning Ladies,  

Firstly an apology, I'm afraid our shopping trip zapped every bit of my energy so I didn't get a card made for today.  We got to the point where you are walking round aimlessly looking for ideas!  We got a few stocking fillers but that was it.  I then I have been 'running on empty" for a few days, I was up literally all night after Lucy's accident, checking on them and then overthinking the whole thing, anxiety is literally the most frustrating thing to have!

Todays cards are both made using embossing folders:  

Card 1:    I was experimenting really, I embossed a piece of Night of navy card with the Country Floral embossing folder (I spritzed with water for extra depth) .  I then took a White ink pad, and the back of a piece of Cut & Dry foam,  the back is a firmer surface which makes it easier for ink to glide over the surface rather than getting onto the background of the card as well, I use the same thing for Gilding wax.  After it was dry I trimmed it to fit behind my new Fabulous Frame Die, added some narrow blue ribbon with a label die, the final touch was a few white gems. 

Card 2:  This card is a Clean & Simple embossed card.  After embossing I trimmed the embossed piece down and matted and layered onto black card then onto white card base. Finishing with a little stamped tag. 

I hope that you all have a great day,

Love and hugs

Sandra xxx


4 comments:

  1. I am not at all surprised to see that you didn’t have the energy to make a card Lack of sleep, being anxious and shopping all take their toll
    These cards are lovely and I’d forgotten about the top re the back of a piece of cut and dry foam
    I have a bit of sewing I must do today
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. No surprise that you didn’t get a card yesterday. Both of these are gorgeous though and it’s great to see them again. You have to deal with your own shock too, please be gentle with yourself too my lovely. Sorry you didn’t get any more after our messages. So much easier when the children were little. We got their shopping done on the high street in one day usually! Sending you gentle hugs xx
    Yesterday and this morning have been busy with long medical phone calls for Pop so it’s good to get out. We are driving to Blenheim Palace for their torch light trail. Haven’t been before but apparently it is meant to be a really good one. Only negative is that rain is forecast about 5pm just when we start the walk but we have waterproofs so it will be fine. I hope everyone is having a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Two gorgeous cards. No wonder you didn't have any more energy after everything and shopping on top of it. Nice to see them again.
    Sue, hopefully the rain stayed away for the walk and you all had a good time.
    Wrote the neighbours cards this morning and then went out to get some jeans and also came home with a top and slippers 😄 OH took me for a brunch and then it was time for a little shopping at Lidl, we'll the trolley was a big one so I filled it nicely 🙂
    I hope everyone have had a nice day and that your evening will be too.
    Extra hugs to our missing friends. Hugs to you all , Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Two lovely cards today love both of them. It hardly surprising that you didn’t manage to make a card yesterday, your life has been thrown into total chaos this week. Stay strong the family need you, you are their strength xx
    Was taken out for lunch today with some work friends (all retired now) it was lovely. We went to our usual pub restaurant it was so busy every table had been booked. I’m out again tomorrow I have an appointment at the Royal Marsden so expect to be out most of the day. Have a chest X-ray, blood test and then a consultation with my oncologist and then a wait at the pharmacy. So will not be much done other than sitting around waiting.
    Take care everyone, sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete