Thursday 28 December 2023

A lovely Christmas card from Sue

 


Good Thursday Morning Ladies 

Just a quickie today,  we had a totally lazy day yesterday,  the weather was terrible,  in fact the wind was the worst we've had in a while, lashing rain too, its so sad to see the devastation some parts of the country have suffered. Our electric was in and out, we didn't have tv or anything on, the only reason I noticed was because I had a warning that I had used 1GB of mobile data, so the Internet must have dropped out and stayed off.  But I basically spent the whole day on the sofa, we made a start on our jigsaw, as we do every year.  Paul lit the log burner as it was chilly, mind you my body wasn't capable of much else after our gardening yesterday. 

Todays card is my Christmas card from Sue, I haven't seen the branch die used for years, a real blast from the past, l love the baubles, finished with those darling little bows. Thank you so much Sue XXX 

I hope you all have a relaxing Thursday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx



4 comments:

  1. So pleased to read all is well with you and the family. Yesterday’s weather was dreadful, I felt sorry for anyone who was travelling in those awful conditions. Grandson and partner were returning from York to Essex, they stopped off at Loughborough to see my sister who was delighted to see them and catch up on their adventures, it also gave him a break from the motorway driving, he said the roads were quite busy compared to the journey up. Spoken to him today he said he was unpacking and planning to chill out later, fortunately he is not at work until next week although Hayley has to go to work on Friday then is off again for the new year.
    Sue I love the card you made for Sandra. I have the fir branch die but haven’t used it for ages, it’s such a useful die.
    Hope everyone is having a good day, take care.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely card from our Sue. Useful branch die that haven't been used much by me either for a long time.
    Maybe our first challenge in the new year, to use older dies again ?
    Planned to start a crystal art but can't see them anywhere except for one I received the other day. It's a winter one so perhaps...
    It's cold and very windy outside so take care if going out. We only had a short drive and a quick walk and that was enough for today.
    I hope you have a good day and take care of yourselves. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Sue
    Great idea from Maria to do a challenge with older dies
    Having another duvet day today as this cystitis and lack of sleep has really knocked me for six
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, terrible weather with us as well.
    Daughter has gone to their in-laws today, so our Christmas is finished.
    Karen sorry to hear you are poorly, cystitis is awful, pleanty of rest and a hot water bottle.
    Love Sue’s card for you, the baubles are just perfect.
    Goodnight all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete