Thursday 7 December 2023

Gold Debossed Christmas card

 



Good Morning Ladies, 

Change if advertised card 🤣😂, I made this one yesterday and was excited to show it to you! 

We had a whirlwind of a day yesterday,  Lucy wanted to pop to Becca's after breakfast, we stayed a while then had hair appointment,  after that we popped to shop and got home about 3pm, I sat and started a card, then we had late lunch,  then my sister Emily called for a post holiday catch up,  we chatted for a good 2 hours!   That was day gone. 
I did manage to finish this card though.

I bought this embossing folder from Amazon,  it was very reasonably priced and I love the delicate pattern, so neat and intricate!  
I inked up the bumpy/ raised side of embossing folder with gold ink on a brayer, I then placed a piece of gold card on the opposite, side and closed carefully and run through the machine,  I did a happy wiggle when I opened it up and saw the pretty, neat debossing, it's hard to see that the ink is in the most recessed part of the embossing. 



 I didn't want to cover too much of the embossing,  so I decided on this star die, the first layer was cut in gold mirror card, the next /decorative layer was cut in matt gold card, the centre I cut a black star then topped with another gold, I layered onto matt gold and then onto a black card blank,  to finish the card I added some tiny gold gems here and there.  Its definitely not a traditional Christmas card, it's nice to try different things though!

I hope you all have a lovely Thursday  

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx 



6 comments:

  1. It is beautiful as was yesterday’s
    I am pleased that Janet is OK and look forward to seeing you back It must be really draining having to move everything back and upsetting too
    Card making mojo has really flown off I hope it’s somewhere warmer than here!
    Looking after grandkids this evening So looking forward to seeing them
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with the grand-kids this evening. Do you bake or do any crafting together ? xx

      Delete
  2. Morning everyone
    I love this card Sandra. Beautiful embossing folder. 😊 I watched a Christmas movie the other day and they were making blankets that had a similar pattern, just lovely.
    Sue , hope you be alright. Fingers crossed for no covid.
    Sonia, hope you are fine and yours is not too bad. Wish you better.
    Lilian, hope you are alright and taking it easy when you can and the same for you Brenda, take it easy.
    Karen, have fun going out dancing. Hope your diabetes is good. Dad have some real problems with some toes, the nurse is around to bandage it every day. Mum sent a photo, it looked horrible so hoping he doesn't have to have them removed !
    Painter is here again, sadly booked up now to middle of January so I be lucky to have my room in February , well something to look forward to 😉😀
    Have a nice day everyone whatever you are up to. Sending hugs to you all and to our missing friends, hope you are doing alright. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, the rain is flowing down the hill, in a torrent, glad we live on a hill.
    Very striking card today, love your embossing folder. The gold gives it a really regal feel.

    Sorry didn’t get in yesterday, had a call from the Drs pharmacist, they want me to go into the surgery for some more tests on my
    Heart and lungs. I have what she said, is a non productive cough.
    Not much going on today lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a gorgeous card, so elegant. I love everything from that beautiful e folder to the little finishing touch gems. Where did you get the lovely star from? It’s so good when things work the way you hope. I watched a few different ways of using your e folders to get some ideas which I hoped I could do with you today. My cough is so annoying and causing lack of sleep but had a negative test result thank goodness.
    I hope everyone is ok and not feeling too cold. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card today it looks very opulent, love the EF you have used. I think I have the same star die, must check it out, mine is a Sue Wilson die.
    Good luck Janet with sorting out the contents of your French home, it’s finding new places to keep all of your treasures.
    We have been dog sitting this afternoon, daughter had a works Christmas dinner in Soho (she usually works from home) we stayed until Ciara got home from school, she is 17 now so doesn’t need our babysitting services these days!
    Hope you have had a good day.
    Take care and sleep well, I’m sure I will.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete