Wednesday 13 December 2023

Festive Gatherings Die

 



Good Morning Ladies,  

I hope that you are all well,  I had a busy morning yesterday just pottering round getting a few jobs done while Paul was at work,  I have just about cleared all of the boxes of craft stuff that were stacked up in craft room and lounge, all I have left is two bags of craft magazines that I don't really know what to do with.  I might reach out to see if there is a craft club or something locally that could make use of them.  I have a huge pile of card too that I think I will ask local school to see if they can make use of it.  Its all from those 'fill a box for £5' stalls we used to go to years ago.  

Today I am sharing a card that I made yesterday afternoon,  I have had the Tim Holtz Embossing folder or 'Texture fade' for a while along with the Festive Gatherings die set, so I was determined to use them, the card was inspired by a lady who's blog is called 17 Turtles, she was the reason I bought the dies!   I simply embossed the woodgrain Embossing folder onto cream card and I was amazed at how deep the emboss was...

It reminded me of the wallpaper from my childhood,  mind you my parents painted over it so much it ended up smooth!! 🤣😂 was it called Anaglypta???

It looks better in your hand!  

I die cut the foliage from the left over bits of red and green background that I spritzed on Sunday, I love the colour and the shimmer they have. 

I added a little Walnut stain ink around the edges of the embossed background and then arranged the 'festive Gatherings' die cuts onto the background, tucking a stamped sentiment in the centre of the arrangement.   I was going to add some sparkles but I wanted to keep the 'rustic' look. 

I hope that you all have a great day, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 




4 comments:

  1. A great card SANDRA and certainly doesn’t need the sparkles
    I hope you find a local craft group for the magazines - might be worth visiting one and seeing if you like it It is a way to make new friends There might be a WI or U3A or is it UA3 (I can never remember which way around it is)
    The school will probably snatch your hand off for card
    Doing the sewing I should have done earlier in the week and then I must crack on with another baby jumper that needs starting which I need by Christmas Day!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. That is a great embossing folder, what a great deep texture. The card is beautiful, I agree that it definitely doesn’t need any additions. I love it. Sometimes less is definitely more. I’m sorry that you have Covid and are feeling so bad. Gentle hugs are on their way my lovely xx
    Karen, you reminded me of Pennys gorgeous little cardis that you knitted for her. She still has the Teddy on the end of her bed with some of her other special cuddlies 🥰
    The Blenheim light trail was wonderful. The amount of work that must have gone into it was very clear. There were beautiful light's that neither of us had seen before on some trees along with the usual ones. It was a real struggle to get around it but well worth how I’m feeling today 😏
    I hope everyone has a good day. I’m not up to much but I need to address the last of the cards so they can go in the post tomorrow. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card. Love the embossing, real deep one.
    Sorry you got COVID, where did you pick that up ey, be better soon.
    Coffee out with a neighbour this morning, known eachother for thirty years so we are more like family. Thought of making some baking this afternoon but leave that to Friday now.
    Have a good day everyone. Hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, sorry I missed yesterday, the day slipped by.
    Do hope you will feel better soon.
    Yesterday and today’s cards are beautiful as usual.
    Finished my cards today, just had to stamp the message inside, took most of the day, I’m so slow these days.
    Night all. Lilian

    ReplyDelete