Friday 8 December 2023

The Other Pine Embossed Card

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Another week closer to Christmas,  I have all my Christmas cards ready, I just need to add insert and write them, why don't I stick to my plan of making insert at time of making card??!

We had a very dark and gloomy day yesterday,  I didn't feel 100 but I was determined to get the last few boxes of my craft stuff sorted out, Paul was home so got some more stuff in the loft,  we managed to sort a lot of the conservatory sorted too.  I have a huge pile of card, various colours and textures, I think I might call the village school and ask if they could make use of it. 

Thank you all for your lovely comments yesterday,  I absolutely love the Embossing folder, I got it from Amazon its from 'Kwan Crafts'  I have had some of their stamps too that stamp really well.


Here is the link in case you'd like one....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07SCVPSQ8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Today's card is the other card that I spoke about in Wednesdays blog,  I used the Pines Embossing folder, added gold gilding wax and the sentiment this time is by HoneyDoo.  Now if you look at the bottom photo you can see how wavy and uneven the opening edge of the card is, I'm not sure if it was the 3D embossing folder or the heat embossing that caused the warping, I tried all sorts to get in to flatten but it just wouldn't stick down, then I had a thought....

What if I run just that edge through the die cutting machine,  I didn't want any of the Embossing to flatten so I just wound that leading edge through and then back and it worked !!!!  The top card looks much flatter. 

I hope that you all have a fantastic Friday, 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx



4 comments:

  1. That’s a great card and a great hack for flattening a card
    Not doing much on the card making front (I feel terrible as I suggested this challenge) Was out looking after the boys last night and today my SIL is coming over for lunch She had a hip replacement 10 days ago So it will be interesting to see how mobile she is and how she feels
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A wonderful card. Such a great EF. Sadly can't find mine at the moment but did find a piece after an old card but haven't got any further and made it into a card yet. Been writing more x-mas cards today so nearly finished for this year. Then it's time to make my SIL birthday card as she is on the 1 of January. Emptied the box under our bed mattress, so much stuff. Need to sort that out later and then brought more things downstairs so we getting there hihihi
    Sending healing hugs to anyone not feeling too good at the moment and Lilian, will be thinking of you. Take care everyone.
    Hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love todays card, and a great idea to flatten it ☺️
    Sorry, I could’ve sworn I commented on your beautiful card yesterday! I love the embossing folder 😍
    Nothing planned this weekend as I’m working, but I must remember to photograph my cards I made earlier in the week and send to you for Sunday.
    Hope everyone has had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, dry but very cold again. Very dark and dull all day.

    Sandra love your card, great tip for flattening the card, which is what I need as all my cards have been have come out creased.

    Finished my card, took me all day, lots of bits in the bin.

    Not much else doing, Lilian

    ReplyDelete