Wednesday 6 December 2023

Gilded Pine Embossing Folder card

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

I hope today finds you all well,  I have some welcome news...I heard from Our Janet yesterday, she is well, just exhausted after the sale of Marigny and bringing everything back and finding home for it!!  We must all keep our fingers crossed for completion day next week, then hopefully we can look forward to our dear friend's return 😊 πŸ₯°. 

I had a mixed day yesterday,  part cooking, part crafting,  I can't tell you how many times I have said that I was going to use the roast chicken carcus to make soup, I saved it on Sunday determined to use it, so I threw a load of vegetables in my big pan yesterday,  carrots, onions, celery, leeks, potatoes and some garlic, I sweated veg down a little then added the chicken and then covered with water with a little bouillon in, I use the Swiss Marigold one, I bought it to the boil and let it simmer gently until the potatoes were cooked, now at this point I had a dilemma,  do I bend or leave it as a chunky veg soup?? I waited for Paul to come home to ask his preference,  I wanted it chunky,  so to make it a little more filling I threw in some Rissini (which is tiny pasta the shape and size of rice). I boughtvthe soup back to boil and simmered for 5 minutes πŸ˜‹ Paul loved it.  The girls weren't home to try it,  so I will wait for their verdict.  The whole house smelt very homely as I baked some bread to go with it.  I think Paul thought it was Christmas.   

Lucy and I then went to local shop to return a parcel,  while in the queue I noticed LeBeintz have created a Baileys Chocolate Biscuit, so obviously a pack fell into our basket, let me tell you they were delicious, I did only have one, you can really taste the Baileys! 

Today's card I made using the same Pine Branches Embossing folder as yesterday,  I simply embossed a piece of Dark Green card then swiped gently over the pine needles with Pebeo Gilding wax, to finish the card I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed with Gold Embossing powder, I wanted a rustic look so mounted onto a Kraft card base.   I have another version to share tomorrow,  I was going to bin it because of an annoying feature,  but I found a simple solution,  come back tomorrow to find out what !! 

Have a lovely Wednesday my lovelies, 

Love & Hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxxx


4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love your card, the embossing really stands out 😊
    Sounds like you had a busy but productive day yesterday. Your soup sounds delicious ☺️ I might have to look for some of those Bailey’s biscuits - mind you, it’s not worth me trying them yet as my sense of taste has gone with this covid πŸ˜”
    Very foggy here this morning but the sun is trying to break through and at least it’s dry. Back to rain tomorrow I believe!
    Glad to hear Janet is ok πŸ₯°
    Hope you all have a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Another beautiful card with this lovely embossing folder. Love it.
    So good to hear that our Janet is alright. You are very much missed in the cafΓ©.
    Ouch Sue, that must have hurt. Hope you are alright.
    The painter have been here today and it's so weird to see the room not in green and grey 😊 but in fresh cream/ white. Been carrying some crafting stuff into the lounge in installments, not easy to take it down the stairs but as we doing the bedroom too it have to be moved.
    Wrote my Christmas cards for Europe today so they be sent off tomorrow. Have not found my EF's yet but I'm sure see some tomorrow
    Hope your day was good and you will have a good evening. Many warm hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Your card is beautiful. I love that deep shade of green with the gold, very traditional. Looking forward to seeing tomorrow’s post. It’s always good to solve a problem rather than having to throw away a card Xx
    Maria, sounds like you are busy at the moment. We still haven’t got our docs down yet but I just haven’t had the energy to finish clearing my craft desk and my cough has got worse again so will be doing another Covid test. 🀞it’s negative.
    Sending hugs. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s card the gold on the dark, green card looks so rich. interesting to hear how you covered up your annoying feature, you certainly is a good job because I can’t see any errors. Looking forward to tomorrow’s versions.
    Hope everyone has had a good day, have a lovely evening.
    Take care love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete