Monday 28 September 2020

Man Card Monday

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

It hardly seems a week ago that we were welcoming in September, I can't quite believe that this week see's us welcoming in October! 

We have a super busy week ahead of us, we are travelling to Essex tomorrow for  Mum's funeral, which is on Wednesday morning, we travel back on Wednesday afternoon,  we were hoping to go and do something fun after Mum's service but the combination of Covid and weather have put paid to most things.  Then on Thursday Paul has his new appointment at the Eye Clinic,  please keep your fingers crossed for a positive outcome. 

My head has been permanently fuzzy this past few weeks and I seem to be going from solving one problem to dealing with the next, so I really needed to take a little time out yesterday afternoon,  I went in and continued sorting my craft room but then I had the urge to sit and make a card,  the first time in a few weeks to be honest!! So I ceased the moment and reached for my favourite (recent) craft purchase, the Indigo Blu Magazine,  I just flicked through the magazine and picked a simple design and followed it. I knew that I wanted to do a Masculine card as I want to continue the 'Man Card Monday' feature. I would be happy to share any of your cards on a Monday too, just let me have your pictures.

So today's card was made using the Indigo Blu magazine papers and stamp set, the blue in the background works so well with new 'Misty Moonlight ' cardstock from stampin up! I love it, its a lovely shade 😍 of blue.  I used a 6x6 card a folded back the front of the card for interest , I layered the card with the Misty Moonlight card and then the patterned paper from the Magazine collection, I stamped the steam train on the same paper and matted and layered the same as the card base. I attached this piece to the front fold of the card and added the 'Just For You' sentiment to finish.               I hope you like my card, my Father in law loves Steam Trains so would love this card.

I hope that you all have a lovely day and that those of you have had your houses in turmoil while having work done have some kind of order returned.  

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                            xxxxxx 



11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra -love today’s Man Card, it’s great. Glad you had done fun in your craft room yesterday.

    We did some gardening yesterday as the weather was lovely. Took out all the summer bedding plants and replaced them with winter pansies. Tidied up in the greenhouse & Phil cut the grass.

    Can’t believe it’s Monday already!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyon
    SANDRA-love your Man Card.
    I'll be thinking of your all tomorrow.Take Care and have safe journeys.

    Well Thank goodness central heating all installed and working..Everything back in place thanks to my two girls.At least we now have an up todate system and we won't have to do it again.

    I hope to make a start on this week's Challenge today so fingers crossed that happens and of course I need to do some catching up on what all of you have been doing.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Great man card today. Love the papers and stamp.
    Glad to hear you took time out for yourself yesterday and enjoyed some crafting 😊
    Nice to see you back Janet, pleased that your heating is all up and running xx
    Will be making a start on this weeks challenge card as I’m off work for a couple of days, and will be trying out my new blending brushes.
    Thinking of you and your family this week Sandra xx
    Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, cloudy and slightly damp, but a bit warmer.

    Sandra love your man card, must see if I can find my I/b magazine, every thing in a muddle at the moment.

    They have started on my utility room this morning , so now I have no kitchen or utility, so will have to wash up in the bathroom, glad I’ve got one downstairs.

    Sandra sending you wishes that all goes well over the next few days, and that you have a trouble free journey.

    Janet pleased to see you are back and that your new system is all installed ready for winter. Did you have to have all new radiators as well?

    Not much else going on, hope you all have a good day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lilian.
      Yes we had to have everything from boiler to radiators the whole lot.Our system was way out of date and we had been putting it off but it came to NOW HAD TO BE DONE.Thank goodness we won't have to do it again.
      Good luck with the kitchen and I hope the end is in sight.xxxx

      Delete
  5. Lovely card SANDRA It is a lovely magazine isn’t it
    I hope you’re not too long without a kitchen LILIAN
    Good to hear your heating has been done to JANET
    I hope you enjoy playing with your new brushes SONIA and let us know what you think
    I haven’t sorted “machine” SUE I have a meeting with diabetes nurse on Friday

    Take care over the next few days SANDRA Don’t overdo it Try not to stress What will be Will be and hope PAUL’s appointment goes well on Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies
    SANDRA I LOVE YOUR CARD it's really nice. Terry is a steam train buff he loves going to see them.
    I hope all goes well for your mum's funeral Sandra try not to get too stressed my lovely.
    Hope Paul gets on OK Thursday for his eye appointment. We have every thing crossed for you both.
    Love & Hugs Lynda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evening ladies
    Great Man card Sandra.
    Take care on the journey tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and good luck to Paul for Thursday. Try to rest when you get a minute.
    Good to see you back Janet and that you now got heating in the house ready for winter.
    Karen- hope the diabetes nurse can sort out your machine so it's not keep going off like that. Hope everyone are ok?

    The wind had calmed down today so our walk was nicer and it was sunshine first thing but this afternoon got cold and dark so rain is on it's way and the heating just had to come on to get the chill out of the house.
    Hope you all had a nice day. hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Lovely man card Sandra. This would have been a perfect card for my Dad, he worked for the railway and when he was younger was a steam engine driver. In fact Johns Dad also worked on the railway. We used to joke that we were the railway children.

    Have a safe journey traveling to Essex tomorrow, I will be with you in thoughts and prayers on Wednesday. Sending very caring HUGS xxx

    JANET lovely to see you back. Pleased you are all snug and warm again. xx

    LILIAN Your kitchen must be looking good - won’t be long now before it’s finished. xx

    Take care everyone, stay safe. Love Brenda xxx


    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. What a great mans card. I love the subtle blue on the paper and the stamp is a beautiful train isn’t it. I’m so happy that you had the urge to craft my lovely. You will all be in mine and Mums thoughts over the next couple of days. We hope it all goes as well as possible. And wish Paul luck that his appointment with the eye doc goes well. Sending gentle hugs my lovely xx
    Karen, glad you are being seen on Friday. Fingers crossed the problem gets sorted out x
    Lilian, glad it’s going well even if you have to use the bathroom to wash dishes for a few days x
    Janet, it’s good to hear you are all sorted now. No doubt you will notice a big difference in the efficiency of the heating system. And just in time for the cooler weather x
    Maria, I hope you’re not feeling so bad now. Cold and damp weather = more aches but can you try and craft through it? X
    I hope you’re all safe and sound. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mim and all in need. Take care xx

    Several men in our family worked “on the railway” at GWR in Swindon. The railway sheds are now an outlet shopping centre so a bit different to what they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops guess who didn’t read before hitting publish!! X

    ReplyDelete