Tuesday 7 April 2020

Another Monochrome card for this weeks Challenge



Good Morning Ladies,

Another glorious day here yesterday  the girls and I were sat out in the sun, trying to distract the black bird from dropping his twigs down the chimney, hoping that he will think "what a crazy place to raise a family" and move somewhere else, Paul removed another large bucket of twigs from the chimney and fireplace,  let me tell you I have the fire guard firmly wedged up against the fire surround, just in case Mr Black Bird decides to investigate where all of his twigs have gone.  I fear my heart would seriously not cope with a big blackbird flapping around the lounge!!

Today's card was made using some Stampin Up 6 x 6 Dsp that I had as my start up order, I adhered that to a card base that is 5 1/4 X 6 1/2 inch.
I used my Honey Doo Tartan Background Die to die cut a piece of White card, I added foam pads to the back of the die cut panel and attached it over the patterned paper. I used Sue Wilson Pierced Rectangles to create a White Frame to finish the edges of the card, it's surprising what a difference it makes.
To embellish my card I routed around in my 'Flower Die' draw and pulled out two different sizes of Daisy die (not sure who's they are) and used them to die cut some daisies from the same DSP as I used in the background, I found some Brads that were also in shades of yellow so I popped those into the centre of my flowers for some extra interest. I stamped and die cut some leaves too and then I used Sue Wilson Pierced Flags to create my banner, the first layer out of the DSP and the top layer in white card, I stamped the sentiment (which is supposed to be an Anna Griffin stamp but I think that I was ripped off at Stamperama last August) as they are not great quality which I know would not be the case if they were genuine, anyway the do stamp eventually, I just have to keep layering up the ink, the sentiment reads:  ''You mean the world to me, Thank you for being my Friend''
I thought that the centres of the squares looked a little bare and I didn't want to add pearls so I die cut an off cut of the DSP with the Tartan die and just picked out the tiny squares and popped them in the centres.

We will be making the most of Paul's last day home today, I have to say I am worried sick about him going back to work, I wish there was a way he could work from home.  I know he will make all of the necessary precautions but that's pointless if everyone else doesn't do the same.!

Pat I hope that Doreen is feeling brighter today, so worrying for you, sending hugs xxx

Cheryl I hope that you and your family are coping Ok, it must be so hard navigating the obstacles that this Virus has caused where organising funerals are concerned, I hope your Mum is coping OK, sending hugs your way xxx

Sending Love and Hugs to all of you, please stay safe,

Sandra
xxxxxx


7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-your Card is beautiful , lovely bright sunny colour. We had a lovely sunny day too-a few of us sat outside at lunchtime which made a nice change. Looks like today will be just as nice.

    Hopefully we’ll hear today if we have to work over Easter as we had a memo suggesting that Bank Holidays were being cancelled!! Let’s hope not.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    SANDRAsuch a beautiful card and a gorgeous Spring colour.

    We too had sunshine but it was quite windy and I guess quite chilly because of it.

    KAREN-I'm so sorry I forgot to add my congratulations onthe birth of your new Grandson.I hope they are both settled in at home and OSCAR love him.
    I managed to create a CC yesterday and did a few other jobs.I haven't anything special planned for today.

    The CAFE is OPEN and looking very Spring like with yellow Primroses on the tables.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFExxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely summery cheerful card I love that Honey Doo die
    I can understand how you’re feeling about PAUL and it’s easy for us today he’ll be fine but it doesn’t stop you worrying Try and stay positive
    I hope DOREEN is feeling better and my thoughts are with you CHERYL at this horrible horrible time
    Now the weather is warming up and sunny I may disappear into my craft room more often whilst OH is outside sunbathing- I won’t feel as guilty 😀
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ladies
    Beautiful cad Sandra and I love the background die you have used, also love the colour used.
    Another gorgeous day so soon going for our walk and then I need to make some space at my workstation before making another mess.
    Pat, all the best for Doreen feeling better soon.
    Cheryl, my thoughts are with you and family.
    Lilian, hope you manage the meds better soon and you feeling brighter.
    Lynda, wishing you a good day and the same to you all for a happy day. Many hugs are sent to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Another lovely sunny card Sandra to go with the sunny weather. It’s supposed to be another glorious day today.
    Well Fran from the home rang me last night about 9.00 ish to say they think Doreen has Covid 19 after a video consultation with their Dr. Not to sure if she’ll be tested but she does have the symptoms and 2 other residents do have it. And have been tested. Also Terry across the road on the corner Sandra told me the Cedar Court another care home the other side of Witney has it as well. Thank you ladies for your best wishedps. Worrying times isn’t it.
    Bryan has been moved from an acute hospital to a semi acute hospital. He takes an age to feed and give a drink to as he can hardly swallow. Gill said they tried to force feed him his dinner yesterday. She’d been allowed to stay at the acute hospital as she was looking after Bryan feeding etc. But was told at this one she could only stop an hour. But today she’s been in and she said the nurses on this time were lovely. Bryan had been comatose most of the day and didn’t remember anyone doing anything. Very worrying times.
    Thinking of you Cheryl at this sad time.
    Please stay safe. Especially the ladies who are going to work.
    Leaving hugs for everyone who needs one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. What a lovely cheerful card to greet us today. Adding the tiny squares is a great idea, one I wouldn’t have thought of. I hope your Blackbird realised soon so they are not too behind with their nesting. I echo Karen’s words about Paul at work my lovely. I hope you have a better day with less trouble with your heart xx
    Cheryl, you are in my thoughts at this sad tome x
    Pat, I hope both Doreen and Brian are as comfortable as possible x
    Mum, enjoys sitting outside in the wonderful sunshine. Love you xx
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a lovely bright card Sandra and the tartan die is lovely. Hope Mr Blackbird has realised he’s wasting his time and is able to build a nest for Mrs Blackbird ASAP.
    I know you will worry now Paul has returned to work, you know he will take all the correct precautions. I’m surprised he hasn’t been told to stay at home, being your number one carer.
    It’s been a lovely sunny day here, not that I spent much time outside but did manage to get three machine loads of washing pegged out and now all dried and put away, so feel we’ve had quite a productive day, the royal we. 😀

    Hope it’s been good weather where you are. Have a lovely evening.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete