Thursday, 1 October 2026

Very Old papers New die card





Good Morning Ladies,  

Welcome October,  a month I love,  the colours,  looking at the changing trees, warm cosy evenings, it's like a big cosy hug. 🍂

(I asked ChatGPT to help me design the Welcome October sign above 😊) 

I think this is an odd 'reminder'  because I'm not sure who would feel the need to 'apologise for being who they are' unless it's means when someone feels they need to apologise for being an untidy crafter etc 😉🤣

Today's card features a VERY OLD set of 'Mixed Media Papers' from Bee Crafty, I have had them atleast 10 years,  they were a bit of an 'oops' purchase,  I bought them and just couldn't think of anything to do with them.

Until yesterday,  I took a piece of one of the sheets 

and used it to create a mat on my cream card base, I used the same cream linen card and cut a slatted circle using my NEW Craftaddiction Dies                     I then fussy cut a butterfly that perfectly matches the background I used for the mat.  I placed a foam pad behind the butterfly and placed on to the circle.  Then I used my NEW Gummiapan 'Happy Birthday die to finish the card. 

I hope the cards I have made this week have showed how easy this challenge can be.  

I hope that you all have a good day,

Love & hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card
    You’re right about the reminder but I must say it brought my sister to mind who was forever apologising to her husband because she felt she wasn’t up to his standard Thank goodness she eventually left him
    I saw on FB how much you enjoyed Cheddar Gorge - never been
    I hope your knee is less painful today Lilian
    I hope your sister enjoys her crumpets Maria 🤣
    Sister in law is coming over this morning to look at Halloween costumes So it’ll be nice to have some different company
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card Sandra. Funny how we buy things and then forget them or it's never getting used. Would be nice to have this challenge for a while so we use what we bought and have laying in our stash. 😊
    Lovely photos Sonia, hope you have a great time.
    Sorry Lilian that you are in so much pain. It's nearly putting me off to have mine done one day, haven't lost the weight so the surgeon haven't put me on the list yet. Somedays it feels hopeless though. Gentle hug for you.
    Yes, Karen. They all love crumpets so I had to take an extra hand luggage 🤭
    No room for anything if I buy anything back so I might have to pay and get a bigger case 😂
    Sitting at Heathrow, people watching while having a coffee. It has been harder not to say that I'm coming to my parents, hopefully they will be alright tomorrow when they see me 🤭
    Have a beautiful day everyone. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete