Friday, 9 October 2026

A throwback card & technique






Good Friday Morning Ladies,  

As you are reading this we will be on our way to Brixham to see Paul's Mum,  I wonder if we will pass Sonia as she is driving back up with her parents 🤔   


I like this reminder, particularly as we all progress in many different ways, in our own time, whether it's recovery or learning something new for example The 😄



Now today's card is a throwback but I thought I would include the whole technique,  as you could create this background and use it in many different ways,  however I thought if you used it and added a new stamp or die cut over it it would work for our New/old challenge,  as if you are anything like me you have had your distress oxides for years (so they are old) ! 

Here is the technique using scrunched up tissue paper.....

 I had a play with some ink pads and tissue paper to create backgrounds, I saw Marion Emberson try this technique with different products.  I used SU ink pads for this first one.  With the addition of some Gold Watercolour paint for added sparkle. 
Its so simple.....
Take some Tissue paper and scrunch it up, the more creases the better,  you then tap your scrunched tissue into your ink pad and randomly tap it onto your card, I masked off a square for a neater look, it dries quickly, I wanted a touch of shine, so I scrunched another piece of tissue and dipped it in my gold watercolour paint and did the same as with ink pads, I wasn't sure at first but as soon as I peeled the low tack tape off I loved it !! 



I hope that you all have a great Friday, 

Love & hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment