Wednesday 2 March 2022

A pretty Challenge card



Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

Here we are at the middle of the week already, Happy 'Hump' day!  What are you all up to today? 

Not much planned here other than crafting, I am enjoying going through my 'New products' basket, although I have struggled to move away from those beautiful papers that I used on yesterdays card. 

I love this card that I made yesterday afternoon, using the stamp set called ''Ranunculus Romance' 


I like this set as you get some lovely stamps for creating your background papers as well as that lovely focal stamp which has a matching die to cut it out.

I decided to go a little bit 'grungy', I wanted to work on a Kraft Base card, so I chose Petal Pink (that is more of a soft peach) as I thought that it worked to well with the Kraft card.  I embossed a piece of the petal pink card with a script embossing folder and the roughed the edges up to give that shabby effect.  
After creating my background paper with the stamps in the set and the flower from Flowing Flowers, I edged it with a little Crumb Cake ink mixed with Petal pink ink.  I took the stamped piece and tore it all the way down to add to the shabby feel of the card, I inked the torn part. 
I layered the petal pink embossed piece then added the torn background with a piece of the delicate lace tucked just under the edge. I decided to create a tag for the main focus of the card, I used another piece of the background I created to die cut the tag from, I cut another in Kraft card to layer together, I stamped the Ranuncula flower in Polished Pink and Old Olive and die cut it and layered it onto my tag, I added the 'Hello' sentiment over the stem of the flower.  
To finish the card I added some of the matching lace and Petal Pink ribbon to my tag and trimmed down, I placed the tag onto the card at an angle using foam pads. 
The final finishing touch was some matching little pearl gems to opposite corners of the card and on the tag.

I hope you like the card Ladies, I do hope that you are enjoying this challenge too! 

Lucy wants me to go into town with her to find some smart trousers for the funeral next week, I could do with some too to be honest but most of our 'decent' shops in town have closed down, the town centre is like a ghost town.  Fingers crossed we find something.  Paul is going to try on his ''Hatches, Matches & Despatches'' suit to make sure it fits! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day, I think it will be an indoor day today looking at the weather,

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. Pretty card SANDRA I don’t usually like pink but because this is a little grungy and more of a peach colour I really like this
    I hope you have a successful shop These days Ihare clothes shopping probably because I hate my body shape Or I’ll find something I like and they won’t have my size
    I am out to lunch today with some girlfriends which zi am looking forward to It’s one of them’s birthday So a little celebration
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    I love this card Sandra, all from the colours, the flower and the 'grungy' look of the card. Just beautiful.
    Come up to MK if you not find anything around your end. Sadly many of my favourite shops have shut here too. It seem like it coming in more and more from London,like Harrods and also a small shop here from that huge toy store (can't remember it's name) with silly prices on the toys.
    The weather is cold and wet so had liked to stay at home but we are going to see the hygienist before dentist and I'm feeling sick to my stomach. Have thought about the cc but that it's far it got. Really enjoying my Crystal Art but it is 38 colours so trying not to miss to many before going on.
    Wish you all a nice day whatever you are doing. Many hugs to you all, extras for anyone who need some, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love everything thing about your beautiful card today 😊
    Another dull, damp morning here. I don’t think the rain stopped yesterday.
    I was going to venture out to a craft shop today which has moved further away. I actually thought they were just online, but looking at their website, it doesn’t seem they’ve got much in stock anyway, so I don’t think I’ll bother. I’ll probably go to Hobbycraft at some point, as I have a £5 voucher and I’m in need of some card blanks, if nothing else. I may have a browse online to see if anything jumps out at me and in to my basket 😉
    Hope you manage to get some trousers. It’s sad to see all the high street shops gone and taken over by restaurants. I rarely go into town these days, but we’re quite lucky being so close to a big Tesco and M&S, Next and Sainsburys.
    Karen, enjoy your lunch out, have fun.
    Maria, hope you get on ok at the hygienist.
    Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everyone, raining again and so cold or is it just me.

    Sandra what a glorious card you have for us today, such lovely soft colours.

    R was playing for an “Ash Wednesday service this morning, so I been thinking it’s Sunday all day.

    Manage to finish a page for this weeks challenge, not very happy with it , hopefully I will have time to do something better.
    Hope you all had a good day, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete