Tuesday 22 February 2022

Pixie Powder Red/Orange challenge card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

Oh Ladies I do hope you are all safe and well, I have to say the wind here here terrible all day,  it just didn't stop, we have a good amount of rain too.  Janet & Michele you were both in my thoughts all day as I know the gales were a lot worse your area, fingers crossed tou didn't suffer any damage/further damage.  Fingers crossed that this storm will be the last for a while.  We need it to calm down so that we can get out there and clean up the wood a shattered glass, so the cats can go out safely without getting cut paws. They don't usually go near the greenhouse but knowing our luck they will be inquisitive! 

Janet your Yorkshire puddings sound same as ours,  we eat ours with our roast beef though, I have to say that we never wash our Yorkshire Pudding tin or Roast Potatoe tin, we cook our Roast Potatoes in Beef Dripping,  Paul always removes any 'bits of potato ' that are left after we have served up when fat has cooled, my thinking is those tins get screaming hot so any germs will burn off !! 

Today's card started off with the Pixie Powder background,  I made it weeks ago and it has been looking at me on my desk saying "come on use me up" So I picked it up and had a rifle through my dies to see what would work with it, I decided to chop it in half and use it as an accent piece to place a single stem Wildflower die cut on. The pixie powder colours are Burnt Orange and Lava Red (I think)! I wanted to add a little accent colour so went for Cheery Cobbler as it picked up the red tones. I die cut a single stem from Tim Holtz Wildflower dies, in white and Cherry Cobbler to create a drop shadow.  I layered them together and placed onto my pixie powder background. Layered the Pixie Powder background onto a Cherry Cobbler mat and placed onto the left side of the card base.  I stamped the Sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink to match the mat and drop shadow. I love red/orange combination. 

Let's hope today will be calmer weather wise! 

Sending love and hugs to you all, 

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Though red/orange aren't my choice of colours I do like what you have done with them. I haven't even thought about my CC for this week yet.

    Well the scaffolders came yesterday afternoon and so we are now ready for the roofers today. The winds have died down and it's dry this morning so everything should be ready for them.

    It was lovely to see you yesterday MICHELE. I hope you're all safe with little damage and that today things will have calmed down.

    HUGS are on their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE GREAT CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card SANDRA I forget that we can use a different colour to black for shadows It is so effective You have inspired me to try again with Pixie Powders Perhaps I should make myself a little Boundless Journal on Pixie Powder colour combinations….
    I do hope that this latest storm hasn’t caused much more damage I think you’ve been lucky that the scaffolding has been put up in that awful wind I hope the roofers don’t take too long to finish the repair
    The wind has died down (thank goodness) OH is at Chelsea tonight so I will be catching up on a bit of tele and knitting (for a change from crochet)
    Take care everyone I hope you’re on the mend BRENDA xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Lovely card today, and a great colour combo 😊
    Still windy here today, but seems to have died down now. Part of the tree which fell on Friday out the back, which was balancing on the broken part of the trunk has fallen now, thank goodness the boys weren’t taking Barney for his walk when it went down! Fortunately it’s not completely covering our path out there so we can still take Barney for his walks. Saying that, I haven’t ventured out into the woods since this bad weather started, it’s too dangerous.
    Janet, I hope they get the roof fixed quickly for you.
    Michele, I hope everything is ok where you are, very worrying seeing all the reports on the news.
    Have a good evening everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, at last a dry day, still quite windy, but not like yesterday, we had another 5hour power cut.yesterday afternoon.
    Janet hope the roofers came and all is now secure.
    Love to hear from you yesterday Michele, hope you survived the storms.

    Heard from the Dr today, he thinks I have an infection in my uterus, so have two different antibiotics to take, which always make me feel queasy, but will hope that it will clear up my terrible back ache.

    Hope you are all keeping safe, in this terrible weather. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s me again, sorry Sandra forgot to say loved your card.

    ReplyDelete