Friday 19 March 2021

Your Next Challenge

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well, we had another lovely day but it seemed much cooler, it is so lovely to sit in my craft room and hear nothing but the sound of the birds though.  I had one of those days where you sit at your desk but seem to get nothing done, I am too much of a procrastinator!  

Your Next Challenge

I thought that it would be a good idea to have a 'Use something you have bought or been gifted' that you haven't gotten around to using yet !  Now I know I have quite a pile, mostly because I see something that I really love and it inspires me enough to want the die or stamp then by the time it arrives I have forgotten what inspired me in the first place! 

Today's card was made with stamps, dies and paper that I bought but hadn't gotten round to using.  So in preparation for todays post I browsed Pinterest and combned a few ideas, I really liked how it turned out. The stamp set is called 'Pretty Perrenials' it has matching dies, the Navy and White paper is from a set called 'Paper Blooms' it has some pretty floral patterns.  I folded the patterned paper around the fold of the card then added a narrow piece of Seaside Spray and then a die cut scalloped piece of Night of Navy card.   I stamped and die cut the flowers using 'Petal pink' card and ink and then used Soft Seafoam card and ink for the foliage.  

I hope that you alm enjoy this challenge, if any of you are struggling to find anything new or unused just let me know and I will send you something! X

I am hoping that this will encourage me to start using my 'New' craft goodies basket!  I wonder how many I will get through?! 

I hope that you all have a good weekend, I think the clocks go forward tomorrow night.

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a great challenge. Unfortunately I might need longer than a week just to look through my unused stash...where do I start??!!!
    Seriously-it’s a great idea and I’m looking forward to starting it.

    Yesterday was busy but very productive m. The initial training went well with the 2 who are interested in the vaccine clinic. I’m just glad it’s Friday although I have a Teams meeting to look at the new system we’re going to start using to book time off-which is meant go live on 1st April!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a challenge I have quite a few new items ranging from magazine freebies to stamps to dies!
    Dentist went OK it I have to go back Apparently my mouth is complicated! Or as OH said more like expensive!
    I aim to get my sewing machine out this afternoon Why am I so nervous at doing machine sewing! Is it because fabric is more expensive than a piece of card So if it goes wrong it can be an expensive mistake I don’t know
    Take care all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    Like MICHELE I shall be rummaging through drawers and cupboards lol.

    SANDRA-THE CLOCKS GO FORWARD NEXT WEEK-END 28th MARCH and then Spring will definitely have arrived. Yeh.

    I cannot believe yet again we're at the end of another week and I have to get all my 'swear' words out again.lol so that will keep my busy for today and of course it's Mr Tesco delivery day too.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all.HUGS are on their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and ladies
    A lovely card today. I have tons of stuff I’d bought and never used.
    I’m glad you said it’s next weekend the clocks go back Janet. I thought this weekend didn’t seem familiar. Both Karen and Keith have the vaccine jab today. Our surgery seems to be steaming ahead at the moment. We have very low figures of people having Covid. So West Oxfordshire must be doing something right. I’ll be having another Covid test this afternoon so I can visit Doreen. It’s been raining this morning, but I popped out for a quite walk in between the showers.
    Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the cafe' today.
    Pretty card Sandra and yes an interesting challenge for next week. I must make something for this weeks but the ideas are tumbling over eachothers so nothing have been done so far.
    Had a walk this morning , it is raw and not so nice but glad we did it.
    Have a good day everyone and take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card and great challenge for next week. I can think of a few things I’ve not used yet 😉
    A better day here today weather wise, we have blue sky and the sun is out. Makes such a difference.
    Enjoy the rest of the day and have a lovely weekend. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Lovely card today Sandra, what a task you have given me for next week, although it helped me (in fact I felt really relieved) this week when you said you have ordered Dies etc. by the time they arrived you had forgotten why you needed them. I can so identify with that. You made me feel a thousand times better. xx

    It’s been a sware word day also managed a machine load of was, it was so lovely and bright outside so it’s all now back indoors abs smells really lovely.

    . Take care everyone.

    ReplyDelete