Friday, 11 September 2026

Autumnal Colour Butterfly card

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies,  

I can't tell you how relieved I am to get the Blog back to 'normal '  it must have been a blogger glitch.  I know I don't have a 'big' or far reaching blog, but it's my baby and means a lot to me as I have explained before,  I truly believe that if it wasn't for this blog I wouldn't be here, it came along at a low point of my life where I was isolated and lonely.   I wanted to give other people that might feel like I did a place to come to talk to other like minded people.  I made myself make a commitment to posting every day, which gave me a purpose,  the 'purpose' I had lost when I lost the ability to leave the house on my own.  

The blog gave me the excitement to get up and read comments every day,  it also encouraged me to craft, which I find therapeutic,  it occupies my mind on a lonely day and sharing what I create gives me pleasure.  I hope that what I do will encourage you to get the craft stash that you have spent good money on and use it.  I also want to create a space for anyone that feels lonely.  

The hugest benefit I have had from my blog is the most incredible family I have gained ❤️ 

So when I couldn't get the blog to work on Wednesday I will admit I did panic,  I sat from about 6pm until way after midnight trying and retrying to get it to work,  I forgot to take my BP meds in the turmoil 🤣 which I hadn’t realised until about 3am when I could feel and hear how fast my heart was racing!  I felt fairly ropey when I woke at 6.30,  no time to catch up on sleep though as I had bladder clinic!!  


I think we are all definitely stronger mentally than we give ourselves credit for 🥰

Todays card is made using Arden Wicked Woods paper pad for the background,  I created a kind of spotlight over the centre butterfly by adding a frame cut with my new 'Craftaddiction' square dies,  I then fussy cut more butterflies to add to the frame to make the frame part of the background.  I added a little sentiment button to finish. 

I hope that you all have a lovely Friday,  Paul is finishing work early so that we can go to Farnborough today,  we aren't sure whether we are going to Paul's mums at the moment,  Paul is calling in the morning to see if his Mum back from his Sisters. 

Sue, I hope dentist goes well,  you are much braver than I am,  I hope it doesn't cost too much xxx 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card It was definitely worth the wait Such a simple idea but so effective
    I know how much the blog means to you as much as it does for me too I’ll
    I have my next cataract op in n Tuesday So I’m having my nail gels removed this morning I cannot bear too much growth showing Out dancing tonight and then it’ll be a break of 6 weeks 😢
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your card, it’s beautiful. Definitely worth the wait my lovely ☺️
    I know how much the blog means to you, and I appreciate and love all the work you put into making it so special ❤️
    I’m so excited to see you and Paul today at Farnborough. You really have got the best husband in bringing you. Can’t wait to buy all our craft goodies and exchange ideas. It’s going to be great 😘
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Glad you managed somehow to fix the blog posting problem so we can again see your wonderful cards. This one is beautiful 🥰
    Hope everything went well at the bladder clinic Have a fabulous day at Farnborough and meeting our Sonia.
    After hospital yesterday we went to Waitrose for lunch and a small shopping. Got back home, sat down on the sofa and three hours later I woke up so the day was gone.
    Finished off a card this morning so I'm sending on soon.
    Hope that dentist appointment and everything goes well today whatever you are up to.
    Hugs, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and everyone.
    I’m so sorry that you had issues with blogger yesterday my lovely. You are amazing posting every single day no matter how low you have felt sometimes. It is so important to all of us and I am so grateful that you do it for us all.
    I am so envious that you got to go to Farnbourgh but look forward to seeing any things that feel into yours and Sonia’s baskets 🤭
    Migraine cancelled yesterday, a real nasty one but much better today. A late visit tonight but the day just disappeared after an early, well early for me dentist visit. He was lovely and when I explained I suffered from a dry mouth he reassured me that he would stop as soon as possible when I needed a drink. Having said that I then managed to spill not one but two paper cups of water! Thankfully they went straight into the rinse bowl. They assured me I wasn’t the first to do it but I did feel so daft. I have the first of 3 hour long visits on. Monday. I’m not sure how my joints will feel after that long in one position but at least the chipped teeth, one of which I hadn’t realised. Apparently having a dry mouth causes dental problems as you don’t have enough saliva to do its job. I was glad that it wasn’t my fault as he said I was doing a very good job of cleaning them. Anyway the price was actually less than I imagined it was going to be but still very expensive.
    Sleep tight everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete