Sunday 5 July 2020

Your Challenge Cards







Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Are you all enjoying your weekend?, its a lot cooler here, we had the occasional shower,  it has been quite blustery though, wind has been really strong at times. We popped out a few times to do a few garden jobs, Paul has to replace the fleece on one of the tunnels as it's got caught on something and has a few tears in places,  the Kale is popping out of the top in some places,  so the whole thing needs redoing.  There is always something to do, I left him to it yesterday afternoon to go into to do some baking, I was looking for recipes that would use up some strawberries, I came across the Strawberry Shortcake recipe,  they were delicious, I will definitely be making those again, I also made some Anzac biscuits,  they were also very nice! 

I don't think the weather is much better today,  I need to get some serious crafting done though, so I know where i will be spending most of the day!! What are you all up to?

Let's have a look at your amazing Textured Background projects.....

Brenda


Two lovely Christmas cards from Brenda for our 'Textured Background' Challenge this week

Brenda's Description:

My CC for this week, I have made two Christmas cards and two sympathy cards (for my sister)
The Christmas cards I used a Sweet Poppy stencil and texture paste, then added some coloured glitter


Thanks so much Brenda for two amazing Christmas cards, I quite fancy getting a couple of those metal stencils, they look so effective.  thanks for taking part my lovely XXX


Sonia

I absolutely love your Mixed Media panel Sonia, you have achieved so much depth and the textures are just amazing, I literally want to reach out and touch it.

Sonia's Description:

I painted the chipboard cover with Gesso. I used thick card to create my panel (not sure why I didn’t just work on the chipboard!) I used LuminArte paints and heat embossed purple embossing powder around the edges. I used a Memory Box stencil with embossing paste and once dry, painted over using the same paints. The honeycomb die and butterfly are also painted with the paints. The sentiment stamp is from my stash.

Thanks so much Sonia you have really inspired me to have a go at one of these panels, thanks for taking part XXX

Maria

Maria I absolutely love your Christmas card, the colours are gorgeous, that embossing folder is perfect.

Maria's Description: 

I used the Grand Jo Jo Embossing folder as the background and then
one of SW Poinsettia and Cone dies in upper left corner.

Thanks so much for such a lovely challenge card Maria XXX

Lilian 

Lilian has used a lovely embossing foldet that has a matching cutting edge to create the texture on her card, I love the colour of your flower too. 

Lilian's Description:

Here is my card, I think the embossing folder is by cricut, as is the cut edge, had them ages, but very difficult to line up. Flower was supposed to have a velum one on top but could not find my velum, so it’s a bit too deep in colour. Stamp is one of my favourite honey do stamps.

Thanks so much Lilian for such a lovely challenge card XXX

Karen 




Two fantastic cards from Karen for this weeks 'Textured Background' challenge, I bet you can really feel the texture of that 'Tissue Technique ' Background on your first card Karen. 

Karen's Description :

Here’s 2 cc 
This is Tracy’s tissue technique with Gummiapan butterfly die and Phill Martin sentiment a bit of black cotton and white splatters
which really lifted it in the end
Number 2 Can’t remember EF name Sue W NOEL die and red velvet card

Thank you so much Karen for both of your lovely Challenge cards XXX

Michele 





Michele has made 3 cards for this weeks Challenge,  a lovely Christmas card, a beautiful Thank you card and an adorable Birthday card.


Michele's Description:

Here are my challenge cards. Used a Christmas Embossing Folder plus colour core card for the first one. Second one is two different embossing Folders as the background (inspired by Pinterest) although it didn’t turn out quite like I’d hoped-its a thank you card for my Locum who is leaving us on Friday. 

Another challenge card unless it’s too late to add it. I used one of the many unopened magazine free gifts -it’s from Love Cardmaking July 2018! Coloured in the stitches using Promarkers. It’s all purple because it’s for my crazy friend & that’s her favourite colour. The cat is “ginger” as that’s just like her cat.

Thanks so much Michele, your Mojo has definitely returned and is working wonders, three amazing cards XXX
Janet 






Janet changed things up this week and shared some beautiful decorated Keepsake Boxes, they are absolutely stunning Janet, I love the texture that you have achieved with the different mediums.

Janet's Description:

Both boxes for my Challenge this week are from LABLANCHE. All the elements on the boxes are their products too -mouldings.
/rub ons/rice paper

Thank you so much Janet for sharing your incredible Boxes with us for this weeks challenge XXX
Pat

Pat has made a beautiful Groovi card that has a lovely Embossed background,  it's unusual to have so much detail behind the main decorative panel, the front has lots of lovely texture too with those beautiful Groovi flowers and that stunning lattice effect cut work.

Thank you so much Pat, your card is stunning XXX


*******************************

Ladies, you are all amazing, I am so grateful every week when I see that you have all put time aside to take part in the challenges i set for you each week XXX

Have a lovely Sunday Ladies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxxx



7 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Oh I love Sunday mornings seeing what everyone has created.I always start with a smile on my face and this morning is no different.

    We hada very mixed day here yesterday but the constant was the wind. It's sunny here at the moment but the wind is bending the trees. I'm so pleased that we're not going anywhere.

    The CAFE is OPEN and today's lunch menu is Roast Pork with Apple Pie for afters.Place your orders.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all with loads of extras for All Dear Friends not feeling too well.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    What a fantastic selection of challenge cards today. All stunning.

    We had miserable weather all day yesterday-it didn’t stop raining until early evening. Today we have very strong winds expected to get up to 53mph!

    Well-I’m off to the hairdressers this morning so you won’t recognise me when I call int tomorrow!

    We’re going to Skype my in laws this afternoon then I’ll be phoning my Dad tonight. Might try to do some crafting in between my appointments.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful makes ladies I so enjoy looking at everyone’s makes on a Sunday whilst eating my breakfast
    The weather was wet and blustery Today is sunny and even more blustery
    I have been asked to make a couple of cards so that’s what I’ll be starting today
    SUE - yes I agree Oscar is so happy and brings pure joy despite obstacles which he is overcoming I had a sneaky cuddle with Charlie the other day
    PS the fairy garden has definitely been taken away because of the plastic contents which is a real shame but nevertheless we have to be careful
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Beautiful creations on show today, love them all 😊
    Had a lovely time yesterday catching up with my brothers and their families. Although the weather wasn’t brilliant - windy and light rain - it went well. Woke up to blue skies this morning, but clouding over now.
    Won’t be doing much today. Mark will be watching the Grand Prix later, so I’ll probably look into what I can do for the next challenge.
    Hope you all have a good day. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Wow what an amazing display of cards on show today. It’s amazing that not one is the same though isn’t it.
    Had a lovely evening over Amy’s yesterday. They’d built a lovely area to sit under with new sofas and table. In the inside structure they are going to build a bar, as well as a work bench that will have an area for a wood store. They just need a light/heater to hang up under the structure.
    We have sunshine today but it’s very blustery as well here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi All, wow it’s really windy here today,

    Beautiful, amazing set of cards today, love them all.
    Have to tidy up the mess from yesterday, why do I make such a mess I can’t think,

    Am going to attempt to make a keepsake box, I have been watching a workshop to make box and albums, looks quite tricky I show you when I’m finish.

    Have a lovely Sunday, hugs to all, Lilian


    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a lovely Sunday display of beauty, JANET your keepsake boxes are real treasures.
    Had a busy day and this afternoon had a long chat with daughter and grandchildren, everyone is still working from home. Thank goodness they all have still got jobs, so many have lost there jobs, or struggling to get by. I pray they will be helped through these hard times.
    Sorry to keep my message short, will be back tomorrow.
    Sleep well, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete