Saturday 25 July 2020

Mixed Up Saturday featuring Michele's Magazine Review



Good Morning Ladies,

Well, another 7 days have whizzed bye and its the weekend again, YAY!!
Not sure whats planned,  depends on thd weather, Paul has to fix the lawn mower so we can tackle the jungle that was once a lawn, although we are forecast rain and thunderstorms today, we could have done with one last night as it was so humid it was awful.  
We discovered that must have a colony of Bats living in the huge trees on our driveway,  we have been sitting in the lounge in the dark watching them swooping and diving to catch any flying insect, totally fascinating and lets face it we aren't missing much on TV! 
I have been learning Spanish this past three weeks so that is my entertainment in the evening,  Paul wants to learn too but hasn't really started yet! 

Anyway lets see what you have all been up to this past week.......

Karen


Karen has finished this amazing blanket, I reallyove the colours you have used Karen,  they work perfectly together,  that pop of yellow really lifts it.

Karen's Description:

"Finished the blanket It measures approx 68”x 45”
It’s made from 4ply machine knitting yarn I thought I’d have enough red but seemed too narrow (plus I made the strips a bit too long) and found this mustard colour that matches the fleck in the red I’d already done all of the red and so just crocheted the mustard and joined it all together with the black"

You must be thrilled with how it turned out Karen   where are you putting it?
Thank you so much for sharing it with us xxx 


Michele


Michele popped to her local Range store last weekend and bagged these amazing bargains!!
Can you believe that they were £1.99 Each!!!
Michele admitted that she hadn't any projects in mind for them but at that price it would be daft to leave them there!! 
I love the 1st, second third and fourth ones very much, might have a detour when we go shopping on Sunday!
Thanks so much for sharing Michele XXX

My Spinning Backgrounds



I had an afternoon experimenting witb my Sala Spinner, I got mixed results I have to say, I wouldn't try Alcohol Inks, they evaporated even with the blending solution added, the last photo (pink ) was Distress Oxide sprays, the kind of worked but were very muted. 
The best results by far were achieved using Acrylic Paint, the ones I have are PaperArtsy Fresco paint,  they moved of the card well, even better if you added a light spritz of water.  
Tip: I stuck a blob of blue tac on the little raised bit on the bottom of the spinner, when you pop your card in press it into the blu tac slightly. 
I will say that there was quite a lot of paint in the bottom of the spinner, I did tip some onto a piece of card and it left a patterb similar to the shaving foam technique.  
The very last piece on the photo above is of a piece of card I placed between the spinner basket and the outside wall, to catch some of the spray off, it kind of works but was a bit hit and miss,  great if you have some off cuts of card to use up. 
I would definitely say give it a go,  it's great fun! 



Michele's Magazine Review 

Hi Ladies, 

Sentimentally Yours Stamping special magazine being featured today.





Look at what comes with the magazine-stamps,stencil & coordinating Die.




First of many features using the free gift. These are minimalist cards that are flat making them great for posting.





Cards made using a limited colour palette.





Part two.




This feature uses the free papers included in the magazine.





Part two of the nautical cards plus the first of 3 cards made using the boat stamp as the main feature.




Two more cards below using the boat stamp. Terrific techniques is all about Stamping techniques.







More stamped cards.









Great inspiration for male themed cards.





More inspiration.






Special occasion cards showing that this set of stamps & paps are quite versatile.





2 more ideas.





This article uses the stencil to create some cards.





Great article on aperture cards.







Cards with dimension.





More ideas for dimensional cards,



There’s more ideas in the magazine, I just ran out of time to feature them all.

Happy Crafting
Love Michele



Michele thank you so much for a fantastic in Depth review into Phil Martin's Box Kit, I was really keen to get mine, the papers are really lovely quality, thick and would take most techniques too.
There are some great features, I personally didn't find them particularly inspiring but there are lots of freebies to play with including a nice sentiment stamp set. 
I am really grateful to you Michele, as always XXX


That's all for today Ladies, I hope you all have a lovely weekend,

Love and huge hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx 

12 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen-love the blanket.

    Sandra-the spinning backgrounds look great.

    The Phill Martin magazine was reduced price in a bundle-I agree with Sandra and don’t find it very inspiring and certainly wouldn’t buy another one from him.
    I have ordered some half price boxed magazines so fingers crossed they’re better.

    Off to Morrison’s early as there’s virtually no shoppers in at 7am. After that I’m meeting my crazy friend at Dobbies for a belated birthday coffee.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your meet up with your crazy friend.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone

    Thank you for the mag review MICHELE.
    KAREN-I love your blanket and the colours you have used.

    The stairlift fitter was fantastic. Not one little piece of litter or mess and he was really good re all guidelines.
    I have to say what it is a pleasure to get up stairs without having to stop every few steps or ask for things to be brought down for me. Certainly money well spent.

    Off to do my M&S food shop and then straight back home.I'm still not sure about wandering.
    We have rain this morning.

    The CAFE is OPEN usual hours and tea/coffee is ready and waiting.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your stairlift is going to be a great boon to you and a a great investment. I’m not to sure about wandering around the shops either.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for showing my blanket I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it I might put it in the car or have it at home for when I feel chilly and OH doesn’t I don’t know I might donate to a local care home (after the pandemic)
    Thank for the magazine review MICHELE I’m not s huge fan of Phill Martin and sea/nautical themes are pointless for my circle of friends being a real townie
    I’m so pleased JANET that the stairlift is helping I expect it’s making a world of difference
    I have a bit of sewing to do today and I must make a birthday card for my son It should be his 40th next week and I have always made one to place on his grave and this year will be no different Just can’t meet-up with his friends as we’d have wanted to I need to go for a walk or do something too
    Have a good day all Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Love the saying on the card Sandra.
    We’ve just had a rain storm here. I was just thinking I’ll go and change the bedding and put the washing machine on. It’s stopped now I think, bright but no sun really.
    I heard yesterday that my holiday in Aug has been cancelled. Very disappointed as I was looking forward to going to Sidmouth and meeting up as well with my friend.
    Love the blanket Karen. Great goodies Michele and lovely to see the mag reviews. Would you believe I have that stamp set. Saw it the other day when I was sorting all my rubber stamps into a box and putting them in the shed out the way.
    I suppose I ought to go and change the bed at least then I’d like to finish the tea light holder I’m doing from Maria’s class.
    Take care everyone and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s what I forgot to say Sandra I love your spinner backgrounds. A lovely experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Mum and I were busy chatting about your cards yesterday and I forgot to comment but this weeks Tic Tac Toe is great one as it’s Pops birthday next Friday so will fit in perfectly.
    Michele thanks for the great review I have a set of freebie stamps from the latest Simply cards and papercraft magazine that are very similar to these. I’m not overly keen on his style but I do love his sentiment stamps. You got a fantastic bargain with the stamp sets didn’t you x
    Sandra. Love the salad spinner pieces. They look great. You didn’t show the one that I thought looked like a “sunset” 😁 I hope you have a good day with Paul. Not sure if you will get in the garden if the weathers the same as it is here as its raining at the moment. Enjoy whatever you end up doing xx
    Karen, is this lovely blanket the “ mile a minute” one you were talking about a while ago? It’s a good size for snuggling up with isn’t it. At our next Watford meet up would you show me how to crochet please as I just can’t get past making the first row! x
    We have Chris jnr here for the weekend so I’m sure we will have a lovely and tiring time.
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mum and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra a and all in the cafe' today.
    Beautiful blanket Karen, look really cosy to snuggle up with on a chilly evening.
    Bargain shopping Michele, very good. Thanks for the magazine review. Not for me but he have some good sentence's sometimes.
    Love the spinner coloured cards Sandra especially the first four.
    Weather very changeable today. Didn't have a good night either, so muggy and it's not making me feel too good but will go into the kitchen and see if any mojo will turn up after finishing my coffee.
    Have a nice Saturday everyone and many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone
    Love the quote Sandra.
    Beats blanket Karen, love the colours.
    Great stamp sets Michele, and such a bargain. Fabulous magazine review too and great freebies.
    Love the spinner backgrounds Sandra, very creative.
    A miserable wet and windy day today, but not cold. Worked this morning, so not doing much this afternoon as pretty tired.
    Hope you’re all having a good day. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Thank you MICHELE for the mag review x and your bargain shopping you did so good
    SANDRA love your spinning backgrounds hope your feeling better too
    JANET GLAD you like the stair lift I'm pleased for you x
    Sorry I havent commented for a couple of days only I had the distinct nurse in physio in all same days I have a bed sore on my bum so very sore. Then doing physio on top. I've been a bit down with it all
    Love & Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Been having a problem with Google. Have twice lost comments. Google just closes down on me and my comment goes off into cyberspace.! Anyway here goes.

    Karen I love your blanket . Those colours just work so well together.your teacher would be so proud of you, I’m sure he is looking down on you with great pride. He has given you such a brilliant talent. XX

    MICHELE Great bargains.

    SANDRA Love the spinning technique, I’m sure you were happy with the results, I seem to remember one of the girls having a toy/game that you dribbled paint on then made it spin and the colours mixed to give similar results. Wasn’t into card making in those days.

    Hope the news about travelling to Spain does not affect your holiday! xx

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete