Tuesday 5 June 2018

Same layout different image.


Good Morning Ladies,

I know todays card looks very familiar but if you look closely its quite different, firstly i used a white base card this time and added a mat of 'Balmy Blue' card, its a new colour and it's a perfect blue, it reminds me of the Creative Expressions Periwinkle Foundation card. Instead of having a sentiment in the centre I Stamped one of thd Vase stamps from the 'Varied Vases' stamp set and a single flower stem, i coloured both with Balmy Blue ink.
I randomly stamped a couple of the flowers from the stamp set to create the background paper.
I stamped the 'Get well soon " sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments"
This card will be winging its way to its recipient today.

Yesterday was a bit overcast and dull weather wise, I spent most of it on the phone, sorting out channel crossings for our holiday, it seemed so hard to make the holiday company understand that although Sophi, Lucy and Lewis will be joining us on holiday from day 2 onwards, they won't be travelling with us, as they are flying into Girona.  It makes the journey a lot quieter for Paul and I, it must have taken be 45mins to get this across, we got there in the end though.
So now we have all of the booking done, we sorted our passports on Friday, OMG they were ridiculously expensive, we needed new photos so felt that we should get the Post Office to 'Check' them before we sent them off, it wasn't far short of £200!
I then needed to change a hospital for Lucy as it coincides with on of her A level exams, I rang about 5 times, I was number 9, then 11 then 7 in the queue but after about 12 mins it cut off saying that there were no free 'operators' to take my call, I lost my patience in the end and I have emailed them! Hopefully that will get to the right department.

I am looking forward to seeing Sue today, can't beat crafting with a friend. xx

I was so sorry to read that you are feeling so under the weather Lilian, I think it takes a few days to recover from a severe migraine, it must be so much harder with Rodger being away. Sending you huge hugs my lovely xxx
Brenda I hope you are feeling better too xxx
Gentle hugs to all of you feeling under the weather xx

Have a lovely day ladies,

Love and hugs
Sandra
xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-another beautiful card & such lovely colours.

    Sounds like you spent all day making your holiday arrangements-Crafting today sounds like the perfect plan.

    Busy day yesterday, my meeting didn’t finish until after 2pm which means very late lunch-short afternoon though!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    and to all who pop in today for a look and chat.

    SANDRA- a very pretty card and I love the colours.

    It's K&N this afternoon so a busy day for me. As it's not my turn to 'take and make' I haven't a clue what I'll be doing. Looking forward to it though.

    We have another dull start and with rain this morning. Yesterday was definitely much cooler than the week-end so I've got my fingers crossed that it turns a little warmer today.

    HUGS should be arriving with you all very soon. I've sent a few extras for Dear Friends not feeling too good.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone.
    Another very pretty card Sandra. Such pretty colours. So pleased you managed eventually to start booking your hols.

    Lynn and Paul started summer hours in the shop yesterday, 9 til 9. They're up and out at 8 and as a result the animals are up earlier expecting breakfast earlier and being a knock on effect, I've been up since 6.30. Definitely a siesta this afternoon. Of course the animals are all fast asleep now!!!

    Hugs to all and special ones to poorly friends.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies,

    Love this weeks challenge, you have produced two beautiful cards so far Sandra.
    A really hot day yesterday saw Rosie and I taking a walk around Taunton's Vivary Park, a place I chose for it's wonderful shady avenues and quite a bit of history displayed on various plaques dotted around the park. Wer had purchased Greggs Meal Deal for a picnic lunch and topped it off with an ice cream from the 'My Whippy' van in the park. We only asked for a small one but my goodness, if ours were small I wouldn't like to have the larger one! I asked for sprinkles and strawberry sauce which completely covered the whole cone. We both sat on a park bench trying desperately to lick up the melting ice cream before it fell on our clothing hahaha I think the ice cream won in Rosie's case lol Good job I had taken some wet wipes to freshen us up after lunch and helped myself to plenty of napkins in Greggs.


    A play day with Milly-May is today, I shall be picking her up shortly for a crafty few hours of 'gooing' and cutting out.

    Gentle healing hugs to all our unwell ladies, I hope your day becomes kinder to you.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today.
    I love your card Sandra, and yesterdays too, a great challenge idea. Both cards are so pretty in that gorgeous Balmy blue colour. I'm so.looking forward to seeing you, it feels like ages since I saw you last Tuesday xx
    Lilian, I hope you are recovering from your latest migraine. They really are awful aren't they and leave you feeling bad for quite a while afterwards too so gentle hugs are on their way X
    Brenda, I'm sorry to hear you had a migraine too, fingers tightly crossed that you don't have another one for a very long time either. Gentle hugs are winging their way to you X
    Lynda, I hope you managed to get a reasonable night's sleep last night without too much coughing. Gentle hugs for you x
    Karen, sorry to hear you weren't so good on Sunday, but glad you didn't have to go in. We all push ourselves too far sometimes even though we know it is not a good idea don't we!!! Please take care x
    Maria, I hope you are relaxing in the sun X
    Mum is doing really well and may be home tomorrow. We are all really impressed with the ward she is on, the staff are all lovely and everything is so well organised, very different from other hospital stays that's for sure.
    Mum, see you later xxxx
    I hope you all have a good day ladies. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely card SANDRA and that colour does sound great
    I hope the migraines are clearing LILLIAN and BRENDA
    Enjoy your crafting SANDRA SUE CHERYL and MILLIE MAY
    Is that cough clearing up LYNDA
    Relaxing afternoon for me Ithink I’ll do some cards and knit this evening as I find that so soothing
    Take care all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    Well another sleepless night with this coughing defiantly taking it's toll.
    Went to foot clinic this morning then onto Tesco post office & get some petrol.
    Terry went of to do gardens I hovered & tided kitchen sat with a cupper after that. I then nodded off only for hour & didn't finish my tea.
    Sorry LILIAN your still suffering migraines are horrible Hug's xx
    KAREN sorry you had a bad Diabetic turn Sunday big Hug's xx
    CHERYL enjoy your day with Milly May nice that she likes crafting with you.
    SUE hope you had a good time crafting with Sandra big Hug's.
    MARGARET Good news you might be home tomorrow Hug's on the way.
    I better publish this as battery is nearly out.
    HUG'S for everyone
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LYNDA I hope you’re feeling better All OK now

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra and ladies
    It took an age to get the picture through on the iPad.
    Went up the Sky Garden today, then on to the bike Shed in Shoreditch. Full of old motorbikes which Pete and Pat liked. Pauline and I just sat and had a cold drink. Traffic was awful due to the fact their doing gasworks just where we needed to go. So couldn’t go exactly where we wanted to go as all the buses were diverted in different directions. With some very helpful bus drivers we got where we wanted to be.
    Sorry Lilian and Brenda still are feeling unwell.
    Glad you managed to sort out Ferry and Passports Sandra. Hope the hospital sorts itself out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely card today another great example of a square design card. Love the Balmy Blue. My goodness you did have a day yesterday sorting out everything for your holidays, it sounds as if your patience was rewarded.
    I hope you had a good day with Sue and managed to get some crafting done..

    LILLIAN I hope you are alright, I felt so sorry for you yesterday, feeling as you did and Roger away for a few days, it can’t be easy, sending gentle hugs xx
    I have been taking thing easy, just feel totally washed out. I keep telling myself things can only get better.

    Think I will have an early night and hope for a better day tomorrow.

    Hugs for everyone. Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete