Sunday 19 November 2017

Your Tic Tac Toe Challenge Cards

Heat Embossing/Birthday/Background Stamp


Good Morning Ladies,

I decided to go for a 'Tic Tac Toe' Challenge this week, I think that they give you all a bit more freedom to go with your own creativity, it also means we get a HUGE range of different shapes and styles of cards to look through on Sunday.  Don't get me wrong, I love a 'Sketch' as they are really great for those times when you just can't think what to do, we've all been there, stood watching our 'mojo' sauntering off into the distance with your creativity tied in a handkerchief on the end of a stick over his shoulder,  he gives no warning that he is going to leave either! 
You all seem to enjoy them too, which is a huge bonus for me, as your happiness fuels me to keep this blog going.

So enough waffle, here are your Challenge cards......

Janet


Tag/Die cutting/Birthday

Oh Janet, your card is absolutely stunning, that gorgeous, almost 'Wedgewood' blue is divine, you have embossed it for extra detail and then added a selection of die cut borders and flourishes, that floral flourish is so pretty Janet and the gentle, soft colours you have added work perfectly.
Now I have to confess that I was unsure which way up it was meant to go, the sentiment tag made me think it was ↑way up, but I will add it below ↓the original way you sent it to me.
Which I think works better, as the bow then looks like it is the finishing touch to the bouquet.

Thank you so much my lovely for this stunning card and the other lovely projects you shared, I can't wait to share them in the week.
XXX


 Wendy
Favourite Colour/Birthday/Circles

Wendy, such a beautiful, girly card from you this week, this is one of those cards that every time you look at it you notice something new.  That decorative paper you have used is absolutely stunning as is that 'Industrial' style flourish, which you think wouldn't work on such a pretty card but OMG it really does work!  Every element you have used is exquisitely finished, like the 'with love' mini tag with its pearl trim to that adorable Angel charm, I actually have a load of those but never think to use them, so thanks for the inspiration. 
Thank you so very much for such a beautiful card.
XXX



Karen
Circles/Birthday/Favourite Colour

Birthday/Tag/ Fav Colour (recipient)

Birthday/Tag/Die Cutting

Karen has made 3 cards for this weeks challenge, the first card is completely different in every way to the second and third, which proves my earlier point about this kind of challenge, 

The first card is fantastic, I just love all of the different techniques you have used in the background, here is Karen's description......

So it’s circles - birthday theme and (my) favourite colour (blue)

I cut circle apertures in a card blank and stuck different techniques behind eg Pixie Powders, stencils, alcohol pens and rubbing alcohol - that’s really cool to do, misted card etc and cut the HAPPY BIRTHDAY in a piece of Pixie Powdered card and shadowed it with navy card A few blue and aqua gems.

The second and third cards are just so pretty, I love both but the extra detail that the 'paper piecing' gives in the first card brings it to life. They would be perfect for so many occasions from Happy Birthday to Sympathy cards.
I will add Karens card recipe below:

Ingredients:

DL card
Sue Wilson Petite Petals - first time I’ve used this (bought at AP in September)
Sue W pierced tags
C&C topsy turbo card
Lilac pearls and twine
I have sent Tempe photos (before and after) I think this could be used for all sorts of occasions especially a sympathy card.

Thank you so much karen for all three of your lovely cards, I really don't enforce the strict 'choose one line' rule every time we do these challenges, to give you all that little bit more freedom.
XXX

Brenda
Circle/Die Cutting/Background stamp

Brenda, firstly I would like to thank you for finding time to make a card for this weeks challenge as I know that you have been chasing your tail all week!  
I love this Christmas card that you have made, particularly that embossing folder, it is so pretty (is it John Lockwood's)? I particularly like the blank circle in the centre. I love your Santa with his Reindeers flying off into the distance, the background star stamps giving that extra night sky detail,
the card is finished off with that fantastic 'Merry Christmas' die cut.

Thank you so much Brenda, I hope you enjoy your craft show today, can't wait to see your shopping!
XXX

Lilian
Watercolour/Background Stamp/Favourite Colour (blue)

Lilian, Wow! what a stunning 'scene'.  I love your composition, it looks like an optical illusion to me,
the centre scene looks like it is behind a frame, the graduated sky you have achieved with watercolours looks amazing, its brought to life with stars/snowflakes background stamp.  
Such a fantastic Christmas card, Thank you so much Lilian.
XXX

Michele
Circles/Die cutting/Favourite colour

Michele has gone for the 'Retro' look with this Challenge card, using a Sue Wilson Striplet die, cut three times adding a backing of a beautiful blue, the striplet is actually raised up on foam pads to give some depth and dimension, Michele has then added the three striplets to a white base card and added the 'thanks'.
A fantastic challenge card, thank you so much my lovely, you have had a trying week so I really appreciate you taking part.
XXX

 Margaret
Watercolour/Circles/ Die cut

Margaret has made an amazing Christmas card for this week's challenge, I love that 'stained glass window' die Margaret, you have coloured it beautifully, did you use your Stampin'Up Watercolour pencils?  Thank you so much for finding the time on a busy Saturday to make a card my lovely.
XXX

Lynda

Circle/watercolour/ Die cut

Die cut/ Birthday/Background

Lynda has made two gorgeous bright and cheerful cards this week, the first card features one of Lynda's fantastic backgrounds, with two floral circle dies placed upon each other, slightly offset to give a fuller circle.  lynda has then stamped a verse into the centre and added pearls to draw your eyes into the centre feature.
The second card features a stunning butterfly,  it's a Clarity stamp, Lynda has coloured it with Crafter's Companion Sparkle Pens, wow, don't they lack a punch, the colours are so bright and vibrant, you need nothing more that the pretty ribbon.
Two gorgeous challenge cards, thank you so much for taking part Lynda.
XXX

Val

Background stamp/tag/ die cut

Val, I know this isn't the card that you made for this week's challenge, I went to upload it yesterday but there was no card attached.  Please can you resend it.
I did email you yesterday.  
This card works perfectly for this challenge too, a pretty stamped background with die cuts used to create a pocket to slip the tag into, a fantastic Christmas card Val,
Thank you so much.  I will feature your card when you send it in my lovely.
XXX





Another fantastic range of cards ladies, thank you all for taking part once again.
I am off to think about tomorrow's challenge, hmmmm, card shape, colour, sketch, which sort of challenge shall we go for????

Have a lovely Sunday ladies,

Love and hugs to you all,

Sandra 
xxxxxx










25 comments:

  1. Lovely cards by everyone Sandra, I adore Janets with the delicate dies, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ca d Wendy. Especially love the industrial style flourish you've used.

      Delete
    2. Hi Wendy gorgeous card love the industrial elements.xx

      Delete
  2. Morning ladies,

    Another glorious array of challenge cards. Love them all.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl
      Isn't it amazing that every one is different.

      Delete
  3. Morning Everyon
    I LOVE SUNDAY MORNINGS as I get to see beautiful hand crafted cards and I love seeing other crafters work.

    We seem to love Blue but it really is a beautiful colour and always makes me smile.
    I love each card and once again I really cannot choose a fav.

    I really seemed to struggle at the beginning of the week and then on Wednesday realised that the card I was already working on as a possibility of my card for K&N fitted the tic tac toe challenge. Derrrrrrrrr!!!

    Meadowhall was absolutely teeming with people yesterday morning and as a result of all the noise and jostling we came out having just done necessary shopping. Jim really suffered pain wise yesterday with his ear. It is really turning dark colours and looks a little like a horror story at the moment. The surgeon did say that it would be painful and would look terrible until the stitches dissolve and the skin graft etc recovers.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual and it's Roast Pork for lunch today so please place your orders.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. xxxx Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      I hope that Jim's ear starts to feel less painful soon. I think pain is worse when it's around your ears. As it seems to get into your head as well.
      Fabulous card today, and I love the border you've used on the top.

      Delete
    2. Hi Janet I love your card so pretty. I also love the colour blue.
      Hope Jim's ear clears up very soon. I think ear ache & tooth ache are both very painful.
      Sending Hug's xx

      Delete
  4. Brilliant cards ladies. Love them all.
    Quick post as busy day out today.
    Hugs to all.
    Sandra I've re sent my card but looking at everyone's don't think I should have!
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val have a nice day out. I'm sure your card will be lovely
      Hug's xxx

      Delete
  5. Morning Ladies

    What a wonderful collection of challenge cards today, all so different & all lovely.

    I’m struggling to find imthe time & inspiration to make cards at the moment. I git a request for a large number of cards, luckily I re-read the email as I’d missed one of the family cards completely! That’s today’s job to start that then I was asked yesterday morning for a 90th Birthday Card. I’ve not really made many cards for the Christmas Fair either-looks like I’ll be taking my birthday cards too!!

    In Laws coming over for lunch today-we haven’t seen them since we dashed over the night before our holiday so it will be nice to chat.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MICHELE hope you enjoyed your lunch & good catch up
      with your In laws enjoy the rest of your day
      Hug's xx

      Delete
  6. Oops-please ignore the typos!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Wow wow wow a fabulous selection of cards today. It amazes me how each one is so different every week.
    Hospitals again this week for Pete. Really not looking forward to Tuesdays appointment at the Oncology clinic. I'm assuming also at some point he'll have to have another bone scan.
    Off to lunch today with Doreen as per usual. Then picking up a new Christmas tree from Argos. I've wanted a fibre optic one for a couple of years but haven't been able to get one. Not to sure what to do with my other artificial tree which is perfectly fine, just a faff to put up every year. I wasn't to well last Christmas and really couldn't be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat hope you enjoyed your lunch. Did you get your 🌲 tree
      Love lynda xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Lynda
      Yes, we did get the Christmas tree today. Put it together when we got hone and it's working. Hurray. Much easier than my old one which has branches to put in each layer. Pete would put it together but would take me ages to arrange them individually.

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra once again a lovely selection of cards, thank you for setting the challenge each week. Yes I did use my SU watercolour crayons they are lovely to use.xxx
    Lovely & sunny here at the moment, just going to have lunch then have a birthday & sympathy card to make before I get back Christmas cards.
    Hope you are not in too much pain Maria & Lynda sending you special hugs.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MARGARET thank you for your Hug's. Love your card Margaret your colouring of the stain window is lovely.
      Sending you & Pop some Hug's xx

      Delete
  9. Helllloooo! I’m back from my crafty weekend We had a lot of fun We all have stamping platforms and as I don’t have many stamps it was lovely to have a play with their stamps and media plates - cardi-O John L etc It has made me more confident to stamp especially sentiments
    They enjoyed the technique I showed them from a craft magazine I took (I’m tired and can’t remember name!) using alcohol pens a plastic bag and rubbing alcohol so much so that they wanted to copy the cards in the magazine and ordering rubbing alcohol! They enjoyed that one so much that I didn’t get to share the shaving foam one!
    Bit of a rest now before going dancing (possibly!)
    The cards are amazing Not only seeing everyone’s “take” but be reminded of items I have and could’ve used eg MICHELE’s Striplet
    Have a good day everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KAREN glad you enjoyed your craft weekend. Love to see what you have made
      Hug's xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen
      I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend break. Sounds like you had loads of fun.
      Lovely 3 cards you made especially like the spriplet two as I was contemplating buying this one. Enjoy your dancing if you go.

      Delete
  10. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    Such a gorgeous aray of cards today I love Sundays seeing everyone's challenge cards. Just to let you know I thanked everyone last night for your comments on my card & shopping. Also Bailey's change of name from Marley lol
    We had no internet all day yesterday. I've commented on way down. Had my shower this morning & decided to have a PJ Day .
    SANDRA Have You watched Becca's video of Lucy collecting her award.
    Hope Paul wasn't that late picking the girls up from their party.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      Glad the mix up re Baileys was sorted. Mind you I've still got Marley stuck in my brain, great cards today the butterflies colouring looks great.

      Delete
  11. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I can’t believe how time has flown by today. I’m sure the days are getting shorter!!!

    I love all of today’s fantastic selection of challenge cards. Sandra Sunday is always a day of fantastic inspiration on your blog.

    Enjoyed the show at ExCel yesterday, it was different, lots of knitting wool, fabric, food you name it it was there. I would have liked more Craft stands. But hay ho you can’t have everything. When I sat and ate my lunch, two lovely ladies from Bucks were on the same table (Both knitters) complained that there were to many craft stalls - we all laughed when I said that’s why I was there and in my opinion there were ‘to many other Craft stands’. I think Ally Pally is still the best (in my opinion)

    I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.
    Goodnight sleep well, Love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete