Thursday 19 October 2023

Favored Flowers Card 3

 


Good Thursday Morning Ladies, 

How can it be Thursday already??  Did you all have a very dark, cold and rainy day yesterday?  We certainly did and it stayed that way all day.  It kind of felt a little like my mental health at the moment! I kind of feel totally overwhelmed, with my health and the unpacking!  I spent hours yesterday trying things in different places, the trouble is until you sit down to use things you don't really know the best place for them, I sat and listed the things we use for every card, ink (I haven't found the box with them in yet) card, I have piles here and there, Embossing powders,  (I haven't found these either).  Colouring mediums, coloured ink pads (I bought storage for Distress inks, however 3 wasn't enough, even though they hold 36 in each one)!                                  I have my craft desk/storage unit up and ready and my new  IKEA Kallax storage set up too, which is perfect and I love it.  However in the old house I had things on different bits of furniture everywhere and it looked really untidy, so my aim this time is to have everything tidy and have minimal bits of furniture everywhere.                         All I want to do is sit and craft,  the stacks and stacks of boxes are preventing that from happening,  the trouble is it isn't just the stuff from my craft room, its craft stuff from years and years ago that I stopped using, things like Promarkers, crepe paper, my jewellery making tools, precious & semi precious Gem stones, wire,  threads etc.  Fabric, lace and paper and card, so much paper and card !!!😔   I guess I will get there eventually,  this frustrating part is taking a lot longer than I anticipated.                                                                         The other thorn in my side is my health or lack there of !!! It just feels like one thing after another, I had my liver and Bile Duct scanned on Tuesday,  as I had developed Hepatitis again while on holiday, the GP is fairly confident that the many courses of Nitrofurantoin that they prescribed are the problem, although this isnt the first time I have had Hepatitis,  I had it about 5 years ago too.  I thought that the scan went ok, she was very thorough, apart from spending 10 minutes looking for my Gallbladder,  apparently they hadn't put in the notes thay I had it removed!  She took about 40 minutes to complete the scan.  She explained thst the results would take a few days to get to GP so told me to call them in a week's time.                           I was just sat having a cup of tea at around 9.15am and the phone, it was the Receptionist at the Surgery with a message from my doctor,  he wasn't happy with the scan results or the last blood test results,  the inflammatory markers are still high and my liver function is still way off ( not that they have given me any of these blood test results).  Anyway I have to have another blood test and he had done an Urgent Referral for a 'Fibro' scan, its a more detailed scan of your liver, it shows up any scarring or anomalies and sogns of liver disease.   Why couldn’t it just have been a straightforward,  everything's fine result, just for once !!!                       So all in all it's a lot for my already wobbly mental health to deal with!!  

Today's card is a very simple 'Hello' card, using the papers that I have used on the other cards that I shared this week.  

I simply used one of the simple patterned pieces of DSP as the background of my card, I then cut a piece of the beautiful floral paper and matted it onto a piece of coordinating card and layered it onto the card with the Hello stamped in the same green shade as the mat and a piece of vellum to soften the look a little.  A simple design but quite pretty. 

I hope that you all have a good day,

Sending my love & Hugs to all of you, 

Sandra ❤



4 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely
    I would dump everything that you aren’t using into a box or the most awkward to access of your Kallux boxes and label it I would then start adding things to the other boxes and label it even it is only temporary Once they’re packed away and boxes got rid of you can then see where everything is coz it’s labelled and move if necessary when you craft I was the same with my new kitchen
    In a way your scan was helpful in that you physically still feel unwell and so further investigations are needed Just think if it had all been normal you’d have been back to square one and not know what is needed to help your symptoms Frustrating I know and is not helping your mental health it do try and do things that make you happy for the moment and takes your mind off the stress
    Miserable day here but going out dancing later which will cheer me up
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all, the wind has died down thank goodness.

    On my own for the next few days R has full day meetings. Also working for the council, chasing up people who haven’t registered to vote.

    Sandra your card is very pretty , love that paper . Hope you are feeling a bit more comfortable with your sorting, liked Karen’s ideas.

    Have a good day all, Lilian .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Sorry not been in lately. Love the last couple of days cards 😊
    Take your time with the sorting Sandra, and don’t put too much pressure on yourself. You will get there 🥰
    Hope everyone is keeping well
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Another lovely card using this pretty DSP it does a great job by just adding a few matts, layers and sentiment. A very useful addition to the craft stash. Sandra I hope the sorting our is going well and you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Don’t rush the sorting out and if it doesn’t work out as you thought then try again. I’m sure it will all come together in the end.xx
    Your GP sounds very good taking time to give you a thorough examination, I really hope that at long last you will get some answers xx
    We had our Covid jab this morning….. so far so good we have not had any issues, but it’s early days yet.
    Hope you have all had a good day.
    Take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete