Sunday 28 January 2018

Your Challenge cards


Good Morning Ladies,
Wow, it hardly seems 24 hrs since I was sharing your last Challenge cards, this week has been an absolute blur, I feel so sorry for Paul, he is so exhausted, he hasn't stopped since last Friday morning, every day has been an early start, dropping girls off at school then going to bungalow to pack some more boxes, you just forget about all the high storage cupboards etc and both lofts of the bungalows were full as we had no garage there.  It should be all completely empty by the end of today, so that we can then go in and clean 1 room at a time and then close them off, I have been doing bits and pieces all week so its literally a wipe down of the walls and paintwork and vacuum the carpets, then give them a clean.  All ready for the workmen to come in and mess up! They stopped Paul on Friday to say that they wanted to get in as soon as possible to start work (although they changed the date to 15th Feb)! 

Michele

Michele I love these papers even more now that I have seen your card, I love the colours together and that scalloped border is one of my all time favourites.
Here is Michele's description......

"Challenge card-made using the free papers from this month ms Papercraft Inspirations. Crafters Companion scalloped border die, flowers & sentiment were magazine freebies from years ago."
Thank you so much for taking part my lovely, particularly as you have had a tough week.
XXX

 Lynda

Lynda, OMG  absolutely love the soft background that you have acheived by blending the Distress Oxide inks together, cutting the Daisies out of the same coloured card was a great idea, the stamped Lace border gives a real touch of texture to the card although it's only a stamped image.
Here is Lynda's description.......

"I used distress oxide 
Lucky clover & Fossilized Amber 
I blended the amber first over the base card then blended the clover over the top 
Then cut a strip of card coloured it the same stamped my SU border on the bottom stamped sentiment a then cut delicate daisies &sweetheart foliage added pearls."

A truly stunning card Lynda, thank you so very much for taking part.
XXX

Karen


My cc which I have to say this particular card wasn’t going to be I intended to do something completely different for my great nephew It was going to have a bunny and a completely different layout but I miscalculated what I was hoping to achieve But I think it works as the challenge My only regret is I wish I’d backed the letters in the dark blue to make them “pop” more.


Karen's second card is for someone that likes the old movie stars, the same lady that Karen made the 'pop-up' card for last year.
The theme works perfectly with this sketch Karen, I love the embossed background, it looks as though you have embossed it and then rubbed over it with a sanding block. 
Two fantastic cards Karen, thank you so much for taking part.
XXX


Janet

Janet, such a beautiful card, this is what I would say is a Janet 'signature' card, it has all of your special touches, the luxurious lace, the beautiful flowers and the delicate butterflies. 
Here is Janet's description.....

"I used a backing paper from my 'Bohemian' paper pad
The silver butterfly is a Tonic die from the 'Wings and Things' Monarch and Princess
The 'Happy Birthday' die is a Crafter's Companion one..
The lace, flowers and other butterflies are from my stash."

Thank you so much Janet for creating such a lovely card for this weeks challenge.
XXX


Lilian

Lilian has designed a fantastic Birthday card for this weeks Sketch Challenge, I love that Music background Lilian, you can use that style background for so many different cards. 
The stars you have used tie in to the background with the stars on the music score.  I really like that almost hand written font of your 'Happy Birthday' too.  
Have you added glitter to the edges of your decorative background too? 
A fantastic Challenge card Lilian, thank you so much for taking part,
XXX

Brenda

Brenda has used the new Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Blooms stamp from the 'Sale-a-Bration catalogue to create the beautiful background for her beautiful card and she has fussy cut the stamped image to embellish the card too, such a stunning card, all in the gorgeous 'Berry Burst' ink and matching paper too. Such an inspirational card Brenda, I think I need you on my team!! 
Thank you so much for designing such a stunning card, I do hope that your Butterflies fly back to you very soon! hehehe.
XXX

 Maria

Maria has made a beautiful Challenge card, it has a real refreshing spring look to it Maria, so pretty,
I love the delicate lace that you have used to embellish your border, the tiny ricrac edge to your border is really pretty too, the soft pastel colours all work so well together. 
It looks like Brenda's missing butterflies might have landed on your card Maria, hahahahha!
Thank you so much for taking part this week my lovely.
XXX

Thank you ladies for another stunning line up of Challenge cards, such a beautiful display, you are all so amazingly talented.  I am really, really missing my craft room, my fingers are literally itching to make a card.  Your cards have really brightened my day, so thank you all once again.

I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule, hopefully after a week of scrubbing and steaming it will all be over!

Have a lovely Sunday My dear friends,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxxx




11 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    from a very windy and damp morning here.

    Once again and WOW set of Challenge Cards. They really do make the display boards shine and at this time of year we all need a bit of that.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed this morning in the hope that we may go out for lunch today!!! I know we don't usually go out for sunday lunch but perhaps today.

    The CAFE is still OPEN of course for you all to pop in but there isn't a Lunch Menu today.

    HUGS are winging their way to you all and will arrive rather quickly if this wind has anything to do with it.lol Have a good Sunday whatever you have planned.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely cards ladies.
    Still coughing under duvet.
    Valx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val sorry you still feel ill, healing hugs on way.xxx

      Delete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-you & Paul are going to be exhausted after moving the contents of a house yourself plus all the packing/unpacking and cleaning. I know it will be worth it but you both need to take it easy (if that’s possible).

    Great challenge cards today, I struggled to actually come up with a card despite really liking this sketch. Of course, now I’ve seen everyone’s card I can think of different designs!

    Housework this morning then hopefully a session in my craft room this afternoon.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning everyone,

    Beautiful cards again ladies, cannot pick a winner.

    After such a wet soggy day yesterday (Saturday it was so mild & sunny I managed to get Jamie's work clothes out onto the washing line where they all dried), today looks like we could be having some better weather. There are wispy clouds floating past in a clear blue sky.

    One last push to get the 1st scene Dame's skirt hemmed and waistcoat attachment. I had an email with the order that 'It and the hooped petticoat needed to be bigger and better, it is the Dame after all!' Well the base of the skirt is about 86" and the hooped petticoat is 60" in circumference. Tongue in cheek...I wonder now how he is going to get through the side flats ( which are smaller stage backgrounds) and there is only an 18" opening. lol.

    Cuppa is calling me, I'll pop in later to read your comments.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops that should have been Friday for the washing. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great set of cards
    Like MICHELE I struggled but now I’ve seen your cards I am thinking “ooh why didn’t I think of that” The 2 year old one was definitely not going to be a challenge card at first
    The second card has gilding polish over the top of the embossing
    SANDRA Please take care and tell PAUL to slow down I know we all like to feel that we’ve left somewhere clean and tidy but in your instance you know that workmen are going in Or is the place inspected before they go in to rip it apart?
    I have made 2 of the cards needed for a friend I have another 6 to make for myself February is a busy month After doing the ironing hopefully I can craft

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra sounds as if you & Paul will need a holiday after all the moving, please take it easy when you can. I did send a cc in on Wed or Thurs to usual email will send it again.xxx
    Lovely lot of cards again this week all different as well.
    Cheryl would like to be a fly on the wall when the dame trys to get through side flats, the director never thinks of the practicalities do they.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra & everyone
    Just finished tidying up washing up breakfast things now must get my shower as going over Lisa's for dinner which was a nice surprise Harry & mum& dad are Cumming too. So nice seeing them all.
    Lot's of gorgeous cc today all lovely.
    SANDRA hope you & Paul are able to have a rest today if possible you must both be shattered ❤️Xx
    Bust get a move on pop back when I get home.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Afternoon ladies.
    Sandra, hopefully you are looking after yourself's and make sure Paul is having plenty of tea breaks, don't like seeing any of you doing too much and be achy after. Hope you can recharge the batteries somehow when you in the house properly.
    Val- wish you better. Take care until you do, hugs .
    Anyone going out for luncheons today , hope you had a nice time and enjoyed your meals.
    I had brunch with a friend this morning and wasn't back until 2 and the rest of the day is quiet and not much happening other then right now listening to OH snoring Lol
    Great cards all around and yes even I got one together in the end. Never thought it tho but after our outing I had a little play and voila' hihi.
    Warm hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evening All, another grey damp day.
    Such a lovely lot of cards, find it difficult to do any card making these days.

    Sandra hope your both ok after all the work of moving.

    Val hope you will soon feel better

    Have a good evening all, LILIAN

    ReplyDelete