Sunday 14 January 2018

Your Challenge Cards






Good Morning Ladies,

Welcome to your favourite day of the week, its so lovely to get the chance to see what everyone else comes up with for the same design, you all think and craft so differently too, so the cards are always so individual, so without further delay lets see your cards.......

Brenda




Brenda has shared 3 amazing DL cards with us this week, the first is stunning, using Tim Holtz Wild Flower Die cuts, A Stampin' UP! Happy Birthday Die cut both covered with Pebeo Gilding Wax to give that gorgeous Metallic shine. 
Brenda's second card is Stampin'Up! 'Beautiful you' stamps, (lady) and the SU 'Watercolour' Background stamp to create the lovely background. Its so effective, I love this card.
Brenda's third card is one from her card box, its one of the first card that she made, I absolutely love that butterfly Brenda, I can tell you now this card is 100 times better than the first cards that I made.
Thank you so much for taking part this week Brenda.
XXX

 Danni


Dannii made this absolutely gorgeous card for this weeks 'DL' challenge, she has used the Stampin'Up! Petal Palette stamp set for this card, the card is such a lovely colour theme too in a beautiful delicate pink and silver, I love this card Dannii, thank you so much for taking part.
XXX

Janet




Janet has made three amazing 'DL' cards for this weeks Challenge, here is Janet's description of where the images are from:
"The first one is from a CD by 'Cupcake Crafting' called 'Imagination'
The second is from 'Craft U Print'
The third is a combination of another  CD by 'Cupcake Crafting' called 'Botanicals Collection' for the flower and the lady is a stamp from 'Beecrafty'
Thank you Janet for 4 amazing cards.
XXX


 Karen





Karen, 3 amazing challenge  cards from you this week, all completely different too, I love how you have designed all three of these cards, here is Karen's description of where her images are from:

a) MCS image I covered the image in Glossy Accents which makes it look like a ceramic tile/cabochon - difficult to photograph.
b) all die cuts - so easy I think that’s the quickest card I’ve ever made - no mats and layers C) Stamping! It’s a JL stamp when he was with CE A small die cut in the corners and 3 colours of Nuevo drops

Thank you so much for taking part this week Karen, I certainly wasn't expecting to see 3 cards my lovely.
XXX

 Lilian

Lilian, OMG, such a beautiful card, I know you said in your email that you had gone back to 'what you know best' for this weeks 'DL' challenge but my goodness me that method really works, your card is absolutely stunning, I love the backing paper you have used Lilian, its beautiful, the tiny accents of glitter and tiny pearls absolutely bring that paper to life, that label die you have used is gorgeous, so delicate and the pretty pink butterfly is the most perfect embellishment.  I also love that pearl trimmed lace.  Thank you so much for taking part, stick to what you know best Lilian as it really does work perfectly. (and doesn't make nearly as much mess as inky backgrounds).
XXX


 Lynda


Lynda, two absolutely amazing 'DL' cards for this weeks challenge, they are both very different and amazing birthday cards.
The first card Lynda made doing some weaving with old card and putting a hexagonal frame over it, 
she added that to the centre of the DL card and the added some 'Tuck In' die cuts to embellish the card.
The second card Lynda made by die cutting Sue Wilson's 'Industrial Chic Corner' out of black card,
placed it onto the top corner of the card onto a red background, she then added the matching Butterfly die cut and the vertical greeting to finish the card.
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge Lynda.
XXX


 Margaret



Margaret, my goodness you have been busy stamping this week, I love all three of your 'DL' cards.
The first of Margaret's cards was made by using an 'Arched Window' shaped die with a beautiful intricate pattern, the die cut is so beautifully detailed all that is required is a sentiment.
Margaret's second and third cards are both beautiful 'random' stamped cards, that gives a lovely detailed background, all that was required was a sentiment and Margaret added those on a pretty punched label.
Thank you so much for all three of your cards Margaret.
XXX

 Maria


Maria managed to send in two stunning 'DL' cards for this weeks Challenge, I certainly didn't expect you to have time to make these before leaving for your holiday.
Maria's first card is just so adorable, I believe its a decoupage image from a Joanna Sheen cdrom (but it maybe just be sheets of decoupage) either way its such a lovely image, I love it.
Maria's second card was created by Maria playing with Pixie Powders, she added them to a serviette and just look how amazing the effect is, it looks amazing Maria, you must have been so pleased with the results, Maria then made a base card and frame to compliment the colours in the pixie powders, a totally amazing card Maria.
Thank you so much for taking part on such a busy week.
XXX


 Michele


Michele made two fantastic cards for this weeks 'DL' Challenge.
The first a lovely 'Art Deco' image that Michele has cut out and mat and layered (perfectly as always) onto complimentary coloured background, the finishing touch is a beautifully tied bow.
Michele's second card is SO cute, just look at those adorable hedgehogs! 3 gorgeous images die cut and placed onto a complimentary mat, Michele has then arranged these across the card on top of a piece of matching background paper.
Thank you so much Michele, I know you have had a super busy week at work and then had to look after poor Phil when you got home, I really appreciate you making time to take part.
XXX


Val 


Val, I really wasn't expecting any challenge cards from you this week, you had such an incredibly busy week last week and then had the preparations for your holiday this week, made even more busy by Lynn being off her feet.
You have made to absolutely fantastic Valentines Day cards I love the cute image on the second card, I have also always loved that Heart Memory Box die. I just know that these will fly off the shop shelves, I don't want to even guess how many Valentine cards you had to make.
Thank you so very much my lovely, I really hope that you, Lynn and Paul are having a lovely time.
XXX

Another fantastic display of cards, I can't image a more varied range of cards, from CD images to Pixie Powder water coloured backgrounds, decoupage to weaving and stamping to die cutting, you have pretty much covered everything.
You are bloomin amazing!!!

Thank you all so very much, today you will find me in my craft room preparing next weeks challenge, after that, hhhmmm I think you can guess what I will be doing!

Have  a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx










27 comments:

  1. Brilliant just brilliant Thank you ladies for taking part and to see quite a few doing more than one
    I think I’m going to keep the “LOVE” one as my valentine to OH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      3 lovely cards from you today. Especially love the John Lockwood stamp you've used on the last card.
      Hope your cough has cleared up by now.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Karen on winning on Sue's blog.

      Delete
  2. Morning Ladies

    WOW-what a truly amazing collection of challenge cards!! So many lovely cards on display.

    I didn’t meet my friend yesterday morning as she was starting with a cold/fever. I popped out to the shops in the village then went into my craft room. I didn’t actually make any cards but I used up some images I’d printed out months ago and finished 8 cards! Postie brought 2 magazines so I sat & read them in between checking Phil was ok. He said he felt worse than ever as had started with a runny nose & kept sneezing. He hadn’t slept the night before which always makes things worse. As he’s not up yet I’m hoping he has slept-he’s banished to the spare room!

    Usual housework this morning then I have a couple of card ideas for a friends 50th birthday next month that I’d like to start so I want to spend some more time in my craft room.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele enjoy reading your new craft mags. Hope Phil feels better soon. Is he a good patient Sending some Hug's xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Michele
      Two lovely cards shown today. Not to sure how you found the time to make them what with work being so busy, and looking after Phil. Sounds like he's getting worse by the day. Enjoy reading your new mags.

      Delete
  3. Karen-just seen that you’re a comment winner on Sue Wilson’s blog today !!! Well done.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Everyone
    WOW what a bumper bundle this week. I've had to ask for the extra boards to display them all on.

    The Challenge 'make a DL card' and what a variation of subject choices. I love them all.
    MARIA's card reminds me of that beautiful collection of 'Remember When'. I have a couple of framed cross stitch pictures I did years ago from that collection.

    The CAFE is open and today's lunch menu is ROAST BEEF so order early not to be disappointed.lol

    HUGS on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet yes please can I have roast beef & all the trimmings.
      Xxx

      Delete
    2. Yummy......Yes please Janet and please can I have a Yorkshire with mine. xxx

      Delete
    3. Hi Janet hope I'm not to late for roast beef no gravy on mine. Please
      Have a good day. Hug's for you & Jim.xx

      Delete
    4. Hi Janet
      Lovely 4 cards you made for the DL challenge. I do like the cards you make using yoyr images from Craft U Print. Missed the roast beef so we went to Yarnton and had chicken.

      Delete
    5. Meant to say Pete and Doreen had Peach Sponge with custard for pudding. I've never heard of that but they said it was very nice.

      Delete
  5. Woohoo! I’ve just seen I’m a winner on Sue’s blog
    We hope to go dancing this afternoon Not that I’ll be doing much with my poorly toes! But at least I’ll get to see Oscar if they go too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Karen. Enjoy your prize. xxx

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Karen winning a Sue prize x
      Enjoy Oscar
      Hug'sxxxx

      Delete
    3. Hi Karen
      I hope if you went dancing, Oscar was there so you could have a cuddle. Hope your poorly toe improves soon.

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra what a lovely selection of cards we have today, such a variety. I enjoyed this one it is ideal for quick card, I did realise after I finished them that I did not matt & layer them but pleased to see some of the others are not either. Good luck with the packing.xxx
    Karen thank you for suggesting this took Sandra great idea.xxx
    Hope you all have a lovely day sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret
      Lovely 3 cards today. I especially like the last two stamped cards,

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra and Ladies,

    What a brilliant display of Challenge cards, well done ladies, they are all really lovely.
    SANDRA Please don’t feel you have to set a challenge every week, especially as you have so much on your plate at the moment. With the house move and the girls upcoming exams. You have enough to cope with. xxx

    Hope everyone is fighting off the germs that are doing the rounds. Please take care.

    Sending love and hugs to everyone, Brenda xxx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda
      Great 3 cards from you today. Especially like the second card using the background stamp. Not to sure if Sandra has this one of not. It certainly looks effective.

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra
    Lovely set of cards on show today. Once again each one is totally different. Somewhere along the line we must have stamps/dies the same, but we never get two the same. Lynda had been asking me to show a few of my Groovi makes, so I mounted them up. I did send a DL card to Sandra yesterday but it's not shown here. So she might be holding on to the 3 cards I sent her for when she has no internet access.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat that's a shame would love to see your groovi cards. I expect Sandra is saving them fo mixed up Saturday. Hope hospital appointments go well next week Hug's xxxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Lynda
      I've a few more to colour in and mount. So I'll try and make the effort to do that. I bought 2 new plates that had flowers on and corners. I still forget that you need to do things the other way round. I did a lovely flourish which I wanted on the left hand side. But did it in the left hand side which was on the right when I turned it over.
      Hospital Mon and Tues this week but 3 appointments. Radium treatment on Tues at 4.00 plus an appointment with Dermatology at 11.00 to see if the cancer they took out of his back is healing ok. So just might have lunch out in between. He needs to go back early Feb to have some more cut out though.

      Delete
  9. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Just lost a comment as key board froze up Grrr
    Lovely collection of challenge cards today well done ladies & thank you KAREN
    For suggesting this to Sandra.
    Well I survived the MRI TUNNEL but my back & leg was really painful as I had to lay flat on my back for 30 minutes then had a job to get off the table 🙃😧.
    Got home 1ish so when we got home took Rea & Bailey out for walk on the beach was quite cold but a bright. Had nice cuppa & lunch.
    Now who can guess what Terry is doing yes you got it 😴💤💤 so I'm off to my craft room as snoring very load.
    SANDRA good luck with packing have you got much more to do. As Brenda said don't stress about getting Challenge cards done you have enough on your plate with moving not long for picking keys up. It must mean all systems go at the moment.Sending You all BIG HUG'S xxxx
    Craft room calling. Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      Hope the results of the MRI scan show the Drs what's wrong.
      Great cards Lynda. Especially to second one using one of the new SUe Wilson dies. Hope you enjoyed your walk, and Terry enjoyed his sleep.
      Gentle hugs coming your way in case a big one hurts Terry's ribs.

      Delete
  10. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today. I love all of the wonderful challenge cards from all of you. Mine didn't get sent until this morning! Wishing hope the packing is going well my lovely X
    I hope everyone had a good day. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete