Sunday 25 February 2024

Your Background challenge cards

 






Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

We had a very 'sunshine & showers' kind of day yesterday,  when the sun shone it was so lovely outside, the rain didn't come until later in the afternoon so Harley had most of the day in  the garden.  Hoping for some sunshine today, Paul filled loads of seed trays for me yesterday so I want to get some seeds started today, fingers crossed.  

Looking at my cards, it would appear that I had a very 'blue and green' week !! 🤣😂

Your Challenge cards 

Karen 




Karen used an Engraving Art board for the background of this card, she ran it throw an embossing folder and then rub over slightly with a Sanding block to reveal the silver embossing.  To finish the card Karen used a Creative Expressions Stamp & Die set to cut ,'Happy', then stamped the birthday on a tag. 

Such a fantastic Man card Karen,  I love how that background turned out. Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 

Lilian 

Lilian's Description:

Hello, here is my card for this week’s challenge.
A very simple card, but I’ve not been feeling too good this week.

I used double sided sheet, used gold and silver flakes, then added indigo blue luscious powders, then blended it all together. Simple sentiment .
Hope you are all ok, Lilian

Oh Wow,  Lilian,  this is the best that I have seen the Brusho look, maybe not diluting them is the key, they make a stunning background with the gilding flakes, you have created a silky smooth blend, a totally amazing background.  Thank you so very much for supporting the challenge my lovely XXX 

Sonia




Sonia's Description:

Here’s my cards lovely…

Card 1: I used one of the backgrounds from last week. I added the Inkylicious text stamp. Finished off simply with a Tim Holtz Butterfly.

Card 2: Another ink smooshed background using the little plastic bag technique. I’ve used Salviged Patina and Saltwater Taffy distress oxides. The Thanks die is Stampin Up.

Two awesome cards Sonia, your colour combinations are so lovely,  I love how you picked out the blue hues with the die cut butterfly,  it makes the background blues pop, those little touches of stamping make such an interesting detail to the background.

Your second card is a much softer colour blend, that blue coloured sentiment is the perfect embellishment.  I love both cards, thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge my lovely XXX 

Sue


Sue started this card while she was at mine on Thursday, the Mandala stamp is a Uniko stamp, stamped onto Night of Navy and embossed with white embossing powder.  Sue has then added pretty pink dots around the stamped Mandala and then used the same colour to die cut the sentiment,  having that vellum background to the sentiment makes it pop even more. 

Thanks Sue for a lovely Challenge card, the pink adds a lovely pop of colour to the navy and white background.   Thank you so much for taking part. XXX

*********************

A lovely display of cards again this week ladies, you are all so amazingly talented crafters, look how different all of the cards are!! 

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love today’s display of cards, they’re all beautiful 😍
    We have a cold, frosty start this morning, same as yesterday. Our day was a mix of sunshine and showers too.
    We’re going to Dorset this morning to see Mollie and Teddy in their new flat. (James is there too until tomorrow) I’m looking forward to Teddy cuddles - if he stays still long enough ☺️😂
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely cards - I really must try more inking techniques All of yours look fabulous I tend to end up with a muddy mess!
    Enjoy your trip to see Teddy Grandchildren just put a smile on your face
    We enjoyed the Diana Ross Story The singing and music was great BUT sometimes I wish they wouldn’t try to “copy” the stars That part did not come across to me
    OH is off to Wembley - so a bit of crafting for I have so many ideas in my head I don’t know where to start - sewing? Crochet (3 projects)? Knitting? card making? Snippets? I’m lucky that I can choose
    Have a great day ladies and take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Wonderful challenge cards ladies. I love them all. 🥰
    I will try this week to have a play. Like Karen tho my head is buzzing with ideas but my problem has always been to make a card. Fingers crossed 🤞
    Sonia, have a great day and lots of cuddles with Teddy if he lets you 🤭😊
    Nearly finished moving one thing after the other out of the lounge and upstairs so now as soon the back lets me I will do a springclean in there.
    Hope you have had the same weather today as us with lovely sunshine.
    What are you going to grow this year Sandra ?
    Hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love all of today’s cards all very different and all so beautiful and inspiring. xxx
    Today has been very quiet and peaceful, daughters telephoned I had asked them not to come over as I’m still coughing for England! the antibiotics should kick in soon as I started taking them on Friday,
    I hope your Sunday has been good. Have a good week.
    Big Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, wet and very cold all day. R playing morning and evening church this week, the lady who normally plays has hurt her fingers, so late dinner tonight.
    I love all the cards this week, I used Indigo Blues luscious powders, it’s much easier using the sticky sheet method, just brushing the dried powders on.
    Hope you all had a good weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete