Tuesday 13 February 2024

My Snippet number 5


 Good Morning Ladies,

A beautiful start to the week here in sunny Gloucestershire,  we got the washing dry yesterday and Sunday which just makes such a difference,  especially bedding.  It makes fresh bedding even more 'fresh'. 

Well frustratingly I had to try out the new GP practice today,  I had the dreaded Uti symptoms back so I made the call, I had been bloated and in real pain in my abdomen area all day Sunday,  after being up and down all night to the bathroom I wanted to act swiftly, the GP called around 3.30pm asking me to tale a sample in for the nurse to dip and she would then call me and let me know either way ...... nobody called, so another uncomfortable night for me, it's frustrating because if it is infection the bacteria have had an extra 24 hrs to wreak havoc!!!  So first experience doesn't fill me with hope 😔

Another Snippet today, the background for this one was created by stamping with heart stamp with Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide, after stamping I wet around the edge of the stamped image with a wet paint brush,  this allows the ink to start running,  you then spritz with water and let the water and ink do their thing, I popped it on the Aga to dry and then I added the finishing touches, I used the bird on a pen nib stamp, fussy cut the bird and the extra pen nib too, I then stamped and coloured the Cyclamen stamp and cut away all but two of the flowers, I coloured it with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide and placed it behind the pen nib.  I added the sentiment and added some shading to finish the piece.  

I hope that you all have a top Tuesday, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love this Snippet. The blue with the hint of pink flowers is beautiful 😍
    Sorry to hear you’re unwell and haven’t had a very good first experience with your new surgery. Fingers crossed they call you today 🥰
    Thank you for your lovely comments on Teddy 🥰 He really is a happy little boy and a real cutie 😍
    Karen, they will be closer to Salisbury, so only slightly nearer to us but still about an hour and a half’s car journey.
    I’ve got a long day at work today, including a Manual Handling course! Fortunately a day off tomorrow ☺️
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    SANDRA I'm so sorry that you are again in the midst of another UTI. Hopefully someone will call today and you get the help you need.
    I love the card for today - the colours are so beautiful.

    I had the nurse yesterday morning to take my BP and bloods so waiting for results etc.
    My main task today is laundry and then looking to see what cards I need for the rest of this month.

    HUGS on their way to you all with loads of extras for Dear Friends in need. Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Snippet Not heard of that DO colour I need to investigate
    I am sorry to hear you haven’t had the results of the dip test and return phone call I hope you get onto them as soon as the surgery opens
    Getting nails done later this morning and then maybe help OH sort a big walk in cupboard that is full of ..stuff!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking I. I missed yesterday but loved that snippet. Using tips of cotton buds gives such a great floral effect. Another great one today too. Having the Aga to dry paints etc. means not having to wait long in between layers. I hope you have heard from gp by now my lovely 🤞xx
    We are just about to arrive at the restaurant- Yo Sushi- for Chris jnrs 9th birthday lunch. Sushi is his favourite which we also love except dil Gemma so a good choice. I hope you all have a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love your snippet card Sandra. Like the heart in background of the flower and bird on pen nibs.
    Sorry to hear about your uti again. Hope they called you today so you get help asap.
    Sonia, hope day not too long and you can get some rest tomorrow. Hope James and family be happy in their new home.
    Sue, happy birthday lunch for Chris jr. Hope it was tasty. I could never get OH to go there but I could.
    Janet, if it's like down here today so no chance to get any washing outside but I hope you got it all done. Feels like you done something when it's hanging up.
    Karen, enjoy having your nails done. How are your little grandsons doing ?
    Lilian, hope you are alright after the visit over the weekend. Take care and look after yourself.
    Brenda, sending hugs for you and John. Hope you are alright x
    Had a horrible night sitting on the loo on and off until 6 am when it calmed down but the cramps didn't until about an hour ago. Decorating done for now. Still no show of Sam the neighbour so no Billy bookcases screwed together but I will put the desk up tomorrow or Thursday so I can do some crafting soooooon 🤭😀 I will send some photos when it finished more or less 🙏😊
    Thinking of our missing friends.
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete