Friday 9 February 2024

Another Snippet...& Our Next Challenge

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Flippers & Fins are fitting attachments for this very wet and waterlogged Friday morning,  I couldn't even see my hills for most of the day yesterday, the wind and rain didn't ease all day.  

Trying to spot the silver lining to all of the clouds.....the miserable weather meant that got to spend all day at my craft desk!! 


Our Next Challenge 

I have been playing with a wide range of techniques and materials while I have been creating with my new /unused craft stash.  The one thing that I have been enjoying most is creating different backgrounds,  whether its embossing and sanding back or distressing or adding gilding wax.  Brayering ink onto backgrounds or using stencils.  Karen used scrunched up cling film to create a background for one of her snippets.  If you have a Gelli plate, get it out and have a play, I used it for today's Snippet.  

I also embossed some patterned paper which gave a real textured look! 

I hope that you will all enjoy this challenge, I can't wait to see what you all create. 

****************

Today's Snippet was really fun to make, I used my Gel press or Gelli plate, I brayered Distress Oxides onto it and the scrunched up cling flim and pushed it onto the the Gelli plate,  you actually get a 'twofer'  as you place your card onto the gelli plate to pull your print AND you get to spritz your cling film with water and press that onto a piece of card too.  These were some of my backgrounds that I created using this technique 


The two at the top are the Gelli press ones, the bottom ones are smooshing the clingfilm onto card. 

I used black and white posca pen splatters to add even more texture to the background. 

I hope that you all have a fantastic Friday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxxxx


4 comments:

  1. The results you achieved with the gel plate and cling film was a lot better than mine direct by to paper You can really see the “scrunch” detail!
    I am enjoying doing Snippets which I am going to put into an album for my benefit which maybe I can refer to for inspiration when I need my mojo boosted
    The new Hertfordshire Zoo was worth the visit even though it was torrential rain I was gobsmacked at how much needed changing including all of the staff’s uniforms I dread to think just how much that cost let alone anything else Even their beanie hats had the logo on!
    Today is definitely a recoup day after a week of dancing and wet weather!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your background. I must get out my Gel plate and have a play 😊
    Another wet, miserable day here too! Roll on the Spring and hopefully some nicer days!
    Haven’t had chance to do much crafting this week, only a smooshed background. Hopefully I’ll be able to make it into a card using something new for this week!
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love the card, like the look of the crunched up technique. Have a gel plate somewhere but not sure where it is right now 🤭
    Brenda, been thinking of you today. Hope it went well. Hugs.
    Lilian, anything the doctor can do for you ? Perhaps it is from any medication that you taking that making your restless legs. Take care.
    Haven't done anything today, this weather is really draining hha need some sunshine.
    Many hugs to you all, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, another day of torrential rain, running down the road like a river.

    Love your backgrounds and your card, you are so good at doing this type of cards, I’m hopeless.
    Have decided not to do cards for a while, I have a drawer full of them. Will definitely carry on with the challenge but more likely to be an album entry or maybe little books, not sure yet. I seem to have lost the will to do more cards, hope that’s ok with you.

    Family coming tomorrow so that will be nice, goodnight all Lilian

    ReplyDelete