Saturday 10 February 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all relaxed and ready for the weekend?  

Nothing toi exciting happening here, food shopping this morning and then we have to finish the spare room this weekend as my sister Emily is coming next Saturday for one night, so that we can go wedding dress shopping!  👰  I feel so honoured that she wants me to go with her and help her choose the most important dress of her life, it's bittersweet though as she doesn't have Mum with her, I will do my best to fill those shoes!  

Karen has VERY kindly written a tutorial for using Perfect Layers, matting and layering tool. 

Perfect Layers Tutorial 


Perfect Layers Rulers
These can be used to create borders for mats on straight edged toppers
There are 10 widths 1/16” 1/8” 3/16” 1/4” 3/8” 5/16” 1/2” 5/8” 3/4” and 1”




I could use a slightly bigger die to create a mat but I am hopeless at lining up and adhering a topper to a prepared mat
No need to position straight


See the ridges which will butt up against card


Line up desired edge on topper This instance 1/16” I am right handed and so I line up the ruler with correct reading on right hand side.



Card can also be gutted if a rough shape is cut first and the a smaller piece than the topper is cut away


Left handed crafters the number is readable on left edge
Not that the other number will read backwards

To prevent card moving I tape down with low tack tape
Don’t let ruler hang over edge of cutting mat - I have knocked the ruler with my stomach 🤣
I prefer to stand so that I am looking over it.


The finished card. 



Obscure shapes can be matted This example is 1/16” 1/4” and 1/2”

*************************

Thank you so much Karen, I have these but hadn't got a clue where yo start, your step by step guide is so easy to follow, so I am definitely going to be having a go.  Especially for sentiments as I never have the right size die etc and end up trying to cut the sentiment piece down to the right size, more often than not I fail and have to start again.  

I really appreciate you taking time to write the tutorial and taking the step by step photos.  XXX

Karen's Shopping 


My shopping from Countryview Crafts
It was OK and only £5 which if you spent £20+ you got back
I’d forgotten she’d stopped stocking Aall and Create but was selling what she had at half price! 

Love your shopping,  £5 is a great price for craft event, even better when you get it back if you buy things.  The snowman stamp is so adorable, great that you get sentiments too.  The Woodware background stamps look really useful too.  That Aall&Create stamp iz stunning,  I can't wait to see what it stamps out like.  It looks like you could create a complete DL size card front with just one stamp, have you got an idea in mind using them? 




OMG,  Karen I absolutely love this Aall&Create Die set, the two frames lovely and those number dies are so detailed they look like they are stamped, they are definitely going to the top of my wish list.  You could use these on so many ways from cards to Art journals and anything in between. 

Thank you so very much for sharing your shopping with us. XXX 

Lilian's Shopping 



Lilian completed her collection of Tim Holtz Distress watercolour pencils with these 3 new sets that have just been released.   Lilian got hers from 'That's Crafty' as they do a great deal on if you buy all three sets and you get free delivery!  
 I absolutely love these pencils, they are really highly pigmened and they blend perfectly,  making watercolouring so much easier, the other huge bonus is that they match perfectly with all of your other Distress products.  I will definitely be getting these when I can afford them.  
Thank you so much for sharing your shopping with us XXX 
*************


That's all for today my lovelies,  I would like to thank Karen again for kicking of our Saturday Tutorial / Product reviews feature.  XXX

Have a wonderful weekend my lovely friends,

Love and hugs,

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    How true is that quote, we’ve all done it 🤣
    Sandra, how lovely to be going wedding dress shopping with Emily next weekend ☺️
    Karen, thank you for the photo tutorial on using the Perfect Layers Rulers. I’ll admit I’ve never seen these before, but they look like they’d come in very handy. I love your crafty shopping too, can’t wait to see what you create ☺️
    Lilian, your watercolour pencils are lovely, will look forward to seeing your creations with them ☺️
    Tim Holtz is doing a YouTube video this afternoon at 5pm, demonstrating the watercolour pencils. I might watch it as I’ve never really got on with my watercolour pencils (they’re just a cheap brand - but it might help me 😉)
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That carry is so me! I am forever wondering where I have put things and they’re right under my nose
    I hope you think my tutorial is helpful I probably use them (1/6”) every time I make a card Any questions just let me know
    Your shopping looks lovely Lilian I don’t have any but the video may be handy
    We did have a try at CVC So I am definitely interested to see what TH says
    Ooh Wedding dress shopping next weekend How lovely You’ll no doubt she’d a few tears that your mum won’t be there but there again I got emotional when shopping with daughter anyway
    Have a lovely day and take care everyone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening, dry most of the day but torrential rain for tomorrow.

    Karen thank you for your tutorial, I shall did mine out again, I have terrible trouble lining up the layers straight.
    Love your shopping.
    Daughter and son in law here for a couple of days which is lovely, do miss them when they go home.
    Hope you all have a lovely weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Hope you managed to get all of your shopping this morning . Did you get the spare room sorted out ready for Emily’s visit next weekend. It will be lovely to see her and actually have time together.
    Karen Thank you for your tuition using Perfect Layers I have had mine forever but not fully mastered how to use them. Yet when I saw the demo it looked so easy. Great shopping from Aall&Create Lillian WOW what a brilliant investment you have made with your watercolour pencils and I don’t think you can go wrong with Tim Holtz. Hope your family arrived safely, enjoy your time spent with them xx
    Sandra hope Sophie is starting to feel better and able to get back to her normal routine.
    I’ve had a very quiet day and quite a long nap after lunch. Yesterday was such a full on day, I can’t remember when I’ve talked/chatted so much, it was lovely to see nephews and their families although it was a sad occasion.
    I’m off to bed soon, take care and sleep well.
    Big hugs, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete