Tuesday 6 February 2024

Sophie's Birthday card

 



Good Morning Ladies, 

We had a wet and very windy day again yesterday,  the wind was biting too.  I did see a forecast that mentioned snow at the weekend,  but I doubt we'll see any,  although snow has been a regular occurence on the girls birthday, so it wouldn't be out of the norm.  

I have a lovely day crafting yesterday,  Paul was working behind me, which makes it even more enjoyable,  just having company fills me with joy.  I was creating some Tracy Evans Snippets, I don't find them as quick to make as Tracy suggests, she said she likes to keep the time down to 15 minutes,  I was on atleast an hour and half to 2 hours. It's things like finding the right size dies or trying colouring on Pink Frog card and finding it didn't work etc, I do get easily distracted too! 🤣

Now onto Sophie's card, firstly she prefers to be called  'Soph',  she says Sophie is her Sunday name,  only to be used if she is in trouble 🤣😂

I used HoneyDoo Paint Splats stamp and Distress Oxide inks, Salty Ocean,  Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey,  Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade & Mowed Lawn.  I used my SU Large Letter dies, I die cut the letters from the panel of white card, then used tape on the back to hold the letters back in place,  I then stamped the splats over the die cut letters.  Looking at the card now I wish I used slightly larger ink splats but the next size up in my set is way too big.  I adhered the white layer to a black mat and then onto the white card base, I placed the 'O' & the 'P' back in their respective apertures so that I could get the fall out pieces in exactly the right place,  I then added foam pads to all of the letters and placed them back in place.  I stamped the Happy Birthday in VersaMark ink onto a piece of black card and added white embossing powder and heat set, I trimmed it down and added it to the top left corner of the card. 

I hope that you all stay warm, dry and safe from this next storm, 

Sending my love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. That is a great card and perfect for Soph! Why do our kids shorten their names? My Gary (short enough name to begin with) was Gaz!
    I do have a question- why did you cut the letters first and tape them back to then stamp I would have stamped first and then die cut
    I have Knit and Natter today at John Lewis It is only for an hour but I do enjoy going
    I’m having fun trying some of the Snippets even though I don’t have the right stamps etc and yes they take me a lot longer than 15 minutes
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Really nice card for Sophie/ Soph, never understood why cutting names short. I even told our headmaster off when he shorten my son's name ones 🤭 at the same time I was always Mia at home and Maria when I done something bad which happened a few times 😉
    Karen, have a fun time today. Hope you got the meds sorted.
    Brenda and Janet, hope you are alright and having a good day.
    It's very windy outside and it feels so raw that the heating is on all day today. It's got to a standstill in my room so waiting for our neighbour to have time to pop around to help, fingers crossed he comes before the weekend when we have the decorator doing the bathroom and OH office ceiling. Need to move all stuff in the bath that is meant to go in my room, it's bags of stuff 🤭😂
    Hope you have a good day everyone. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Absolutely love Sophie’s card, it’s perfect for her 😍
    People call me Son, rather than Sonia, which I’ve grown up with. Funnily enough I lengthen the boys names - Luke to Lukey and James to Jimmy 😂😂 They don’t seem to mind, but it’s usually only in private unless I make a slip up when we’re out 😂 🤣
    Very cold and windy here today, and grey but has stayed dry!
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, very windy and damp and cold here.

    Love your card for Sophie, the paint splats are just the right touch.
    I don’t mind shortened names, R always calls me Lil. The two children also have shortened names, I think it adds character.

    Once again feeling under the weather, headache and backache. Up most of the night, with my painful arthritis and restless legs.

    Have found another stamp to use this week, I have so many from magazines I’ll never use them all. I have stamped this weeks, so we will see how it goes from there.
    I hope you all manage to stay warm, our heating is on all day as well Maria. Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Great card for Soph/Sophie, it’s fine to shorten names as long as the person is happy with it. My mum hated names being shortened, my sister is really Kathleen Elizabeth Anne. Mum soon realised that she would be called Kath. So instead everyone called her Anne. John once called me Bren! I told him I was not a gun!! He has never called me that again. Our daughter Debbie is really Debrah (John had her name written down when he went to register her, but told them it was Deborah without the O) more often than not it gets shortened to Deb she doesn’t seem to mind. Other daughter’s boys have names that all shorten to three letters.
    Tomorrow I have a PET scan at the Royal Marsden so that will be most of the day spent getting to and from there.
    Take care everyone and sleep well.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete