Monday 5 February 2024

Lucy's Birthday card

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Welcome to the start of a new week, are you all feeling creative?  I ended up crafting most of Saturday which is something I don't generally het to do, however I left making the girls birthday cards rather late, so with a furrowed brow and a head full of no ideas I just started digging out stamp sets and dies and had a play,  I wanted to go with an art theme for Sophie but had no ideas for Lucy so just went for a bright and cheerful design.

Sophie's eclipse card was made using HoneyDoo paint splats stamps and Distress Oxide inks, which I haven't used in ages (apart from those Tracy Snippets last week). I had used Distress Inks more.

Lucy's card used my StampinUp Large Letters and Spellbinders  Bold Blooms dies for the flowers. 

We had a very relaxed day, Matt came over to drop something off for the girls and spent ages testing out his new camera lens taking photos of Milo & Bella.  We finished off the day going out for dinner, It wouldn't have been my choice but it's the girls birthday so their choice, I will let you know how it went.  You had to leave credit card details, they only hold your table for 15 minutes,  you only get your table 1 hour 15 minutes to finish your meal. 

I hope that you all have a great start to the week, 

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


4 comments:

  1. Lucy’s card is gorgeous I can’t wait to see Sophie’s too
    I hope you enjoyed your meal out I can understand the restaurant wanting a “deposit”. It an hour and a quarter is a bit tight Dies this place get exceptionally busy and need the tables?
    It’s Craftea this morning at the library I also need to go to my GP’s and sort my repeat prescription out The new system isn’t working! It is so frustrating and upsetting I don’t need this stress
    Take care everyone Wrap up warm it’s going to be a cold week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love Lucy’s card. The flowers and bright colours are beautiful 😍
    I hope you enjoyed your meal. That does seem rather a rush for an evening out to have a meal though 😕
    I’ve not been up long - the first lie in I’ve had in ages ☺️
    James drove back with Mark from Dorset yesterday, he managed all the way including the motorways! So much more confident than I was when I first started driving - so much so he actually wanted to drive back down again late last night! We said no, being it’s a long journey and he’d be tired. He’s planning on going back today and coming home again tomorrow before working on Wednesday!
    Hope you all have a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all, another dull cold day.

    Lovely bright and cheerful for card today, love the colours you have used.
    Spent the morning trying to see what was wrong with Rs laser printer, managed to fix it in the end.

    Not done any crafting again today, hoping to get some done tomorrow. Not been feeling great, think I’ve caught Rs bug which he has been really unwell for more that a week.
    Hope you are all keeping well, take care all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Lucy will have loved her card and I do too. Lovely and cheerful perfect for her. Looking forward to seeing Sophie’s. No doubt Matt got some great photos of Milo and Bella. He should send some to pet advertisers etc. as he is so clever at getting great shots. Lovely that you got to craft all day on Saturday my lovely xx
    Karen, sorry to hear you are still having problems with your meds. I hope it gets sorted soon xx
    Sonia, youngsters all seem to be much more confident than we were! I’m sure James feels so glad now he is dependant xx
    Sending hugs to all that aren’t feeling their best. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete