Wednesday 28 February 2024

A stamped Background Snippet





Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

Please join me in wishing Our Lovely friend Janet the very Happiest of Birthdays πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³❤πŸŽ‰
I hope that you manage to have a lovely day despite having the vampires visiting you, sending you love & gentle hugs xxx

A bit of a dull and dreary day here yesterday, quite chilly too, we have had the log burner on the past couple of nights, no rain though which is a bonus. 

Today's Snippet has more 'muted ' tones,  Vintage Photo Distress Oxide is the only colour, the flowers and Wellies were coloured with Ecoline pens, the pop of red really lifts this Snippet.  The background was created in 2 parts, I masked off a section and stamped a border,  before removing the tape I added some vintage photo, distress oxide along the very edge of the stamped border with a blending brush.  I used the same stamp 'Bulb Gazette' Aall&Create for the background stamping,  I removed the stamp from the block and inked it with Vintage Photo DO and picked it up and used parts of it to add detail,  having it without block means you can bend and flex the stamp to pick out little bits to create interest.   I used glue gel to give some dimension to the Wellies, so that I could pop the flowers in behind them.  I added a few more elements and then gave the final touch of white paint pen splatters!  

I hope that you all manage to stay warm & Dry, 

Love and huge hugs,

Sandra xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    A very Happy Birthday Janet, I hope you have a lovely day πŸ₯³πŸ˜˜ xx
    I absolutely love everything about your Snippet 😍 I really must get around to doing some ☺️
    Crafting is on the agenda today, after a bit of housework!
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Janet. Have a lovely day πŸ’πŸ’

    Have a nice day everyone. many hugs to you all , Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Happy Birthday Janet I hope you are having a lovely day, are you doing anything special or just spending it quietly? What ever you do ENJOY xxx sending my very best wishes, love and virtual birthday hugs xxx
    Lovely card Sandra the colours you have chosen work really well together xxx
    Take care, stay safe and warm Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ’πŸŽ‚HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANETπŸŽ‚πŸ’
    Wishing a very happy day. I hope your bloods went well and that you get to enjoy some delicious birthday cake xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening , another dark wet day, our garden is saturated and we have sandy soil.

    Janet hope you had a lovely day, just relaxing and being waited on.

    Sandra love today’s card, love the flowers growing out of the boots. Sorry to be late, goodnight all ,Lilian

    ReplyDelete