Friday 23 February 2024

Blended Background

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies,

This week has absolutely flown, I cannot believe its Friday already!  Not only is it Friday, this time next week we will be in March!!  That is just totally unbelievable!! 

We won't be going anywhere this weekend as we are looking after Harley again, there is no way we could leave him here unaccompanied,  he would end up in some kind of mischief, he was clever enough to work out that if he puts his nose in front of the kitchen bin the lid pops up!  And believe me that dog will eat anything!  Paul is hoping to get some garden jobs done as Harley lives being outside.  

Today's card was a Pinterest inspired card.  I masked off a strip on watercolour card, I then blended Granny Apple Green with Shaded Spruce ink (SU), I dried it with my heat tool and rubbed over with a piece of kitchen towel to make sure it was dry as I was going to stamp and emboss onto the inked area.  I took the flower and leaf brsnch from the stamp set Tasteful Touches and stamped them in Versamark,  adding white embossing powder and heat set.  I wanted the flowers to stand out a little more so I coloured over the flower petals with water to lift some of the ink (faux bleaching).  To finish the card I stamped a sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink and die cut it and added it to the bottom of the card, I coloured a card blank to match the Shaded Spruce and added a few green diamanté to finish the card. 

We decided yesterday to stick with 'Backgrounds' for another week for the challenge, it's a pretty versatile topic as every card has a background of some kind. 🤣

I hope that you all have a dry and sunny Friday,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxxx





4 comments:

  1. At the moment we have glorious sunshine! I wonder how long it will last
    I adore your CAS card Like you say, every card has a background of some description So I’m glad to have the chance to “play” with background techniques
    Looking after the boys yesterday was great fun The younger one is becoming such a character and the older one, although he has problems is a joy
    We’re out with daughter tonight and I need to make a 40th card today
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Today’s card is a real WOW to me, I love CAS cards and the beautiful green is my favourite colour, definitely a card I would love to replicate, thank you for your inspiration Sandra.
    Enjoy your weekend with Harley, I’m sure he will have a great time exploring around your house, you’ll have to lift anything with food in above his reach, although he sounds quite a large and inquisitive dog Who can overcome many obstacles, Best of luck. Ha ha.
    Been to the GP this morning, the doctor I saw is so easy to talk to, when she had sorted out my problems and medication, she then turned her chair towards me and said I’m going to ask you a favour. I grinned and said we’ve been here before haven’t we? She laughed. She has Medical students in every Tuesday morning and asked me to go to surgery the week after next, and spend some time with them because I have an interesting and complexed history! I couldn’t refuse as she is so thoughtful and caring.
    The weather here is lovely the sun is shining beautifully, it makes such a difference and is quite uplifting, just hope it’s the same where you are.
    Take care, everyone and have a good day, hugs, Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card today 😍
    Hope Harley settles and isn’t too naughty 😉😅
    Lovely sunshine this morning, but we’re now back to rain!
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love the card you have made for today.
    Hope Harley is behaving himself this time.
    I have pulled something in my back so my plans for card making had to be cancelled 😞 just going to take it easy over the weekend so I can get to town on Monday.
    I hope you all had a nice day and nice to see you Brenda, hope you be ok. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete