Monday 19 February 2024

Brusho Background

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I hope you are all as well as possible and ready for a new week.  Sending love and hugs to our absent friends XXX 

The weekend was an absolute whirlwind, Saturday was wedding shopping with my sister then back home it was soon time to get ready to go out, we had a lovely meal at Becca's Highway Inn, it was lovely spending time with her too.  We didn't get home until almost eleven and then had to write yesterday's blog.   Sunday we had a later breakfast and the sun was shining  so we took Emily to Bourton on the Water, it was very busy but looked beautiful in the sunshine, Emily lived it and said she was looking to bringing Matt her fiance there.  Then Matt came over bringing fresh bread, brownies and Banana Bread, which were all delicious, we finished the day with a lovely roast dinner. 

Today's card I had great fun making, I got my Brusho pigment powders out to create some backgrounds with.  For this one and stamped the Dragonfly and added white embossing powder and heat set, I chose Brusho colours that would feature in a Dragonfly's Wings and spinkled them around, the results are a lottery,  you never know what you're going to get, you also never know how much water to add, one spritz too many and it can turn to a muddy puddle, so I spritz, wait a few seconds to see what happens.  



Look at those Dragonfly wings,  they look like mosaic tiles, I absolutely love that effect.  I tried to capture the shine on the embossing but it just didn't show up. I also love how the colours mix and merge together.  I haven’t decided on a sentiment yet. 

I hope that you a have a lovely start to your week, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx



8 comments:

  1. I don’t have Brushos They do look fun to play with The dragonfly looks beautiful
    Take it easy today after your busy weekend
    Off to Craftea in a mo - need to pack what I am going to take
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Your card is beautiful. The colours of the Brushos are gorgeous and perfect for the dragonfly 😍
    Sounds like you had a lovely, but busy weekend with Emily ☺️
    Mollie and Teddy moved into their new home yesterday. James stayed with them, and had an interview on Saturday at Tesco in Blandford. Fingers crossed he gets a job down there soon. Once he does he will be making the move permanently and they can start their lives together as a family 🥰
    Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to let you know, James just texted me - he got the job 🥹☺️ xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Beautiful challenge cards and Im glad you got to relax with Emily yesterday. Sounds like a lovely weekend for you and the rest of the family xx
    Yesterday was a wipe out in the end for me so no crafting again! It was a bed day. Feeling better today and tomorrow we are going shopping to get me some tops as most of mine are long sleeved which are just too hot for me at the moment! Sending hugs to you all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say that your card today is stunning. I love the background and how beautiful that dragonflies wings look, just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card, that background is so lovely. Love the dragonfly.
    Had a look again at the cards from yesterday and I just love Sonia's, the colours are so beautiful. Big congrats to James for getting the job. Hope they be happy in their new home.
    Me having pain in places today after yesterday is an understatement but hopefully that will go in a few days. OH was amazing being on his knees and on the floor trying to find the wholes for the desktop being screwed together with the draws, which was not easy I can tell but it's up and it's already got a mess on top but over the next few days it will be all sorted 🙏🥴
    Have a nice evening everyone. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening everyone, a lovely sunny day, not that I’ve felt much like doing anything.

    Glad your son got his job Sonia, lovely for them to start their lives together.

    Love today’s card, the colours are just perfect. I’m hopeless with Brushos always end up with mud.

    Hoping I’ll feel more up to crating tomorrow.
    Goodnight all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Love today’s card your Brusho background is just perfect to display the lovely dragonfly. I have tried to create backgrounds with Brushos but have not been very successful or happy with the results. Maybe I’ll give it another try.
    Sonia congratulations to James on getting the job, now he and Mollie can be a little family, wishing them a very happy future x
    Take care everyone. Good night, sleep well Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete