Sunday 17 March 2024

Your TicTacToe Cards

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

We had a very cloudy day yesterday but we were determined to get a start on the pallet collars that we are using for out raised beds for our vegetable plot.  We made good progress,  however we were aware that the heavens could have opened at any moment,  if you wait for the perfect day though it might not come in time,  we need to get these painted and filled as soon as possible so that we can get planting.  Lots of our seeds have sprouted too so there is lots of potting on to be done too.  I bought some really pretty Dahlias from a grower called 'Farmer Gracy' they are all peaches and cream colours, they need potting up too!! I think we need a gardener!!! 🤣😂

Let's have a look at what you have been making:  


Your TicTacToe Cards

Maria 


Maria's Description:

Hello 🤗
I have made a card for Sunday, yippee yay me 🤣. I just sat here and played with doing some colours and embossing and this is what I ended up with. Hope it's alright. 

I used TH inks ( Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac and Kitsch Flamingo 🦩).  Heat embossed some flowers. Coloured some in and finished off with some raindrops. 

Hope it's alright?? Maria it is BEAUTIFUL, your blended background is so pretty,  I never think to use Kitsch Flamingo but it is such a pretty pink.  Your embossed flowers are so delicate and work perfectly with the background.  I think this is one of your prettiest cards, thank you so much for inspiring me with your colour choices and for taking part.
Having your new craft studio is obviously boosting your creativity XXX

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this week.
Punch/ Stamping/ Card.
I used Tim Holtz stamp,( one of my favourites as you probably have noticed.)
Coloured with my zig pens on Bristol paper.
Background dots is a small Lavinia £1 stamp.

Lilian thank you for another beautiful TicTacToe card, your blending with your Zig pens is seamless, its such a lovely stamp to colour, which shows off colouring skills perfectly.  I find it incredible that you use a different colouring medium each week too.  The dotty background highlights the stamped piece so well and that tiny border of blue really makes the colour pop.
Thank you so much for a beautiful challenge card my lovely XXX 

Karen


Karen's Description:

Here’s my first go at doing a shape within machine and doing an offset line
Had to make the outside edge inward and the shapes outward
TicTacToe- patterned paper - stamping (sentiment) - embossing (sentiment)

Karen 'Wow' you must be so pleased with how this card turned out, I know I'd be buzzing!!  It sounds so complicated but my goodness it was worth the time it took to work it out.  Lucy was really impressed when I showed her, I think she might have a play.  The paper you have used works so well with the design too. 
Thank you so much for taking part and inspiring Lucy XXX



*******************

Some pretty florals in today's display,  as always it's surprising to see how each of you interpret the TicTacToe grid.  Thank you all for participating ❤️ 

More garden chores for us today,  I will be doing the lighter tasks as always,  lots of potting up and potting on today.

What are you all up to today?

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



6 comments:

  1. Morning or is it afternoon? I have been up since 5.30 dancing and singing and reading
    Today’s cards are gorgeous I love the colour combinations on both - I rarely use Kitsch Flamingo Si you have inspired me to have a go
    And Lilian- creating a patterned background with a smal stamp is a genius idea which I will definitely have a go at If I’m creating my own it’s usually a smooshy one
    Have a great day everyone Benn called to build some blocks for Oscar
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, it’s dry, Washington the line.

    Today’s cards are lovely all different, Sandra I only used one pen per flower, so no blending involved, just a different blue for each flower. Simple.
    Hope you all have a lovely Sunday the spring is on its way. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love all of your beautiful cards on display today 😍
    I am so very sorry that I forgot to send you my card, I’ve had a busy few days and not really been thinking straight! 🥺
    Well we had a lovely day weather wise yesterday all the time I was at work! Then it started raining not long after I got home and been raining this morning too!
    I’m off work now for a week and a half, and I’m so ready for the break. Got a few things planned and I can’t wait to see you in the week Sandra 😍
    I hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Beautiful cards on show today. I love the blue on Lilian's lovely flowers and Karen, you have used a pretty paper for the background.
    Hope the weather is holding for you Sandra so you get the potting all done. It's been raining here this morning but it looks a bit better right now.
    OH had to go shopping on his own this morning because I didn't have the best of nights.
    Have a nice day everyone, many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Beautiful cards today. And thank you for the card demo yesterday. I will definitely want to have a go as I love the effect and it is so easy, just what I need at the moment. I did sit at my desk once but just gave up as I couldn’t get started on anything. I’ve missed looking in but had another migraine and feeling so very tired. Have an appointment with the Respiratory team on Wednesday so hope they can tell me if this tiredness is to be expected as an after effect of being ill at Christmas or if it is nothing to do with that! It’s been just about three months so hoped to be feeling much better by now.
    Sending hugs to Brenda, Lilian and Janet and hope that your magnesium tablets help you with a better sleep pattern my lovely xx
    Sleep well, or as best you can anyway. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful cards today each one so lovely.
    I’ve had a vey restful day today after all the excitement the last few days. It was lovely being able to visit my sister and spend time with daughter and granddaughter, they both enjoyed the trip to Liverpool, granddaughter loved the university and the city and daughter said she would love to go back to university herself.
    Ladies I love your cards you are so gifted and inspiring, thank you for sharing them with us xxx
    Time to head off to bed, good night everyone, sleep well.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete