Monday 11 March 2024

Daffodil Card

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all had a lovely weekend,  it was very wet and chilly here, it rained pretty much all day, we didn't do very much, we popped to our nearest garden centre which is Burford Garden Company, I think they basically add atleast 30% on the price that things would be at any other garden centre, we only needed compost so weren't too worried the couple extra pounds we paid we would have spent more in fuel going to another garden centre, I tell you that that place was heaving with people, I think the whole of the cotswolds took their mum to the garden centre for lunch 🤣

Today's card is one I made on Thursday,  I used some SU patterned paper with Daffodils on it, added it to a dark green card base with a matt of daffodil delight card, I stamped and embossed the sentiment and used a tag to punch it out and add a matching scalloped layer, I added a ribbon border and placed the sentiment over it.  The paper is a little bit on the dark side but the yellow brightens it up a bit.

Fingers crossed for a brighter day today,

Lots of love and hugs 

Sandra xxx


4 comments:

  1. I’m on the bus going to Craftea! Going early today because I want to go and get a couple of photos printed Your Spring like card is love At long last we are seeing daffodils in our garden Some have been out weeks ago!
    The weather was awful yesterday and so we stayed put but had a lovely visit from daughter and grand kids Charlie showed me how to open an envelope properly!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning ladies
    A beautiful Spring card Sandra. Lovely to see beautiful flowers when you go out to the Garden centres but the prices are very high in ours as we got Frost, Dobbies and another one which are not cheap.
    Off to my sister's for elveness coffee and cake 🤭 feel like I just had breakfast 😊 The sun is shining but its a northern wind. It was minus 4 during the night but my parents have underfloor heating so it's nice and as snug 😄 just like in a sauna 😉
    Wishing you all a nice day. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A lovely, Spring card today 😍 Wish the weather was more like Spring!
    Hope you all had a lovely Mother’s Day yesterday 🥰
    Done some crafting this morning, and out shopping tonight.
    It’s our last week with James at home as he’s making the move to Dorset at the weekend. I’m feeling a bit emotional 🥹
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Lovely spring card today, you have placed the sentiment perfectly - over the darkest part of the daffodils lightening it a perfectly.
    Had an appointment with one of our doctors today, this awful cough I have has caused knock on issues which could not be ignored. So I am on yet more medication (I should rattle) and have to report back next week and may be referred to the hospital.
    Hope you have all had a good day, take care and sleep well.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete