Sunday 31 March 2024

Your Challenge Cards

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Happy Easter Sunday, did you all remember to put your clocks forward??

We were blessed with lovely weather yesterday, we had a lovely walk along the beach, we saw the Steam train, those things are so much more exciting when you have children,  you feel daft getting excited about those things as an adult. We had a lovely day,  the weather couldn't have been better there were actually people in the sea, a lot with trousers rolled up rock pooling too.  I absolutely love being by the sea. 

We are going to have a quiet day today,  we have a nice leg of lamb for roast dinner for when the girls get home. I hope you all have a lovely day x

Your Challenge cards

Maria's Description:

I made another fractured card this week and then run out of time to make any more.

I cut a piece of card out of a block 12x12 by Sara D,   Vintage Butterflies.   Was just about to put the glue on and desided that the other side was prettier 🤭 I used ribbons from my tops to do the fractured bit .  A little die cut butterfly and some crystal drills finished the card off. 

Hope it's ok 🙂

 A gorgeous Fractured card Maria, that paper is so pretty, especially the butterfly paper, I also really love your shiny  ribbon you have use to make the fractured elements, what a great tip!  Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 


Sonia





Sonia's Description:

Card 1:  I used a new stamp recently purchased by DarkRoom Door, stamped and heat embossed. I made the rectangle frame using a couple of Sue Wilson’s outer striplet dies. The flower is from The Stamp Market as is the sentiment

Card 2:    I’ve used part of a Dutch Doobadoo stencil, with Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass distress oxides. The flowers are Spellbinders and sentiments from The Stamp Market

Two stunning cards my lovely,  I love that lined detail on both cards.  Both the stamp and stencil have similar effects.  
Card 1's beauty is it's simplicity,  using that striplet outline die with the stamp market flower added on was a brilliant idea, it looks like the flower is part of the frame.
Card 2 is just so pretty, I love everything about it, the colours,  the flowers with their perfectly coloured centres and the split sentiments. Its a gorgeous card.  Thank you so much for supporting the challenge my lovely XXX


Maria 


Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this weeks challenge.

I used chocolate baroque stamp, painted in villainous potion and bundled sage, with a bit of extra green on the leaves.

I think the stencil is one of indigo blues from a magazine.

Hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Such a lovely card Lilian, I love purple and green together, it works so well, the crocus stamp is so pretty, beautifully coloured as always.   Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge XXX 

Karen 


Karen's Description:  

Here’s a fractured card for sketch Not my favourite The stag is too low down - I wanted to keep the antlers So I filled the white space with a Tracy Evans stamp
The stag is Daisy B,  I coloured stag with watercolour paints and added a bit of gold glitter to the antlers.

Karen I absolutely love that stag, your colouring is perfect,  I can definitely see the sparkle from the glitter too.  With the background stamping his position is fine,  we can be our own harshest critics at times.  All it needs is a 'Merry Christmas ' and you have a lovely Christmas card.  Thank you so much my lovely for supporting the challenge.XXX


********************

I know I say it every week but I really do appreciate every minute that you put into supporting the blog and the challenge Ladies 🥰

I hope that you all get to eat a little bit of chocolate today 😋 

Sending my love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Happy Easter everyone Lovely cards ladies You really inspire me too e.g. using ribbon on the fractured card is a genius idea Yesterday just passed in a bit of a blur The only thing I achieved was cooking a beef stew which I had with curry flavoured dumplings and we have the rest for today with fresh dumplings My blood sugars are still skew whiff Can’t wait for Tuesday to chat to nurse
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Sandra and all looking in.
    Sorry I missed yesterday but had a migraine. Hopefully last one for a few weeks 🤞I hope you are over yours now my lovely.
    Beautiful cards ladies, I must make a fractured card, you have all made some wonderful cards using this technique that you shared Sandra. I’m feeling a bit better but still so tired.
    Have a lovely day whatever you are doing. We are having roast lamb for just the 3 of us. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Happy Easter 🐣
    I’m so glad you had a lovely day yesterday. I love being by the sea too, and Brixham will always hold a special place in my heart. We spent many a holiday down there when I was younger. We’d stay in a flat above the arcade (sadly not there anymore) overlooking the harbour. I’d sit on the big window ledge in the bedroom just looking out and watching the boats come and go. Many happy memories 😊
    Work wasn’t too busy, and I’m now home for the afternoon and tomorrow too.
    I hope you’re all having a lovely day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry I forgot to say how lovely all the cards are ☺️ xx

      Delete
  4. Hi everyone
    Happy Easter 🐰🐣
    Love all the cards. Happy you liked mine as wasn't sure 😊
    Hope you journey back be alright. Glad you had a good time. Nice being down beside the seaside and blow some cobwebs away.
    Sue, wishes your migraine is going and you feeling better. Take care.
    Karen, hopefully the nurse can help you sort out the pump for you. Feel better soon.
    Brenda, hope you and John are having a nice weekend with some of the family. Take care.
    Lilian, hoping you can enjoy some of the weekend and not in pain all the time. You never go with R when he is playing in the church ?
    Sonia, have a nice evening and enjoy your day off tomorrow.
    Janet, hoping you too can have some nice days this Easter weekend.
    Lynda, thinking of you and all our crafting family around 💕
    Enjoy some hot cross buns and some chocolate today, back to healthy eating tomorrow 🤭😊
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete