Saturday 9 March 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that your weekend is off to a good start, we are forecast a bit of a mixed bag of weather,  today is the better of the two days, so we will make the most of it, get any outside jobs done today. 

I thought I would share a simple Fun Fold card with you all today, it works for this weeks challenge too. 





You start by taking your base card 8 1/4 inch X 5 1/2 inch, you score down the centre at 4 1/8th. Next cut a piece of patterned paper and cut 1/4 inch smaller and adhere to the front of your card.  


The next step is to take a circle die, the one I used is about  2 1/4 inch, place it in the centre of the card and die cut  


If you have one take a scalloped (or plain) circle to edge the aperture,  you will need to put the same size die you used for the aperture inside the scalloped die to cut the aperture.  


Add glue to the edge with the scallops so that you don't get excess glue going through the aperture. Then add the scalloped circle frame over your aperture.


Next step the insert:  

Take a piece of card  5 1/4 x 8 inch and score at 4 inch then 6 inch and burnish the creases, giving you a 'z' fold.  This is the main part of the ' fun fold' 



Now we want to stamp a sentiment,  keep it close to centre crease so that it doesn't stick out past where the topper will sit, for neatness.
I have also added a strip of the same paper that's on the front of the card down the indide fold of the insert.  


All that is left is to cut a circle of the same colour as your base card, then stamp something pretty on a slightly smaller circle, I chose the bird from the 'Friendly Hello' stamp set as it matches the paper. 



Once you have created your topper the easiest way to position it is to position the focal point inside the aperture and hold in place and carefully add glue, remember to only glue the edge that sits on the folded insert. 




I hope you like it, something fun and a little bit different.  

**************
I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx



4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Lovely quote 🥰😍
    I love your card and tutorial. The pretty papers and stamp are beautiful. Thank you for sharing 😊
    Bit of housework to do this morning, then probably go and visit my mum and dad this afternoon.
    Brenda, enjoy your day watching your grandaughter rowing ☺️
    Maria, have a lovely time with your family ☺️
    Hope you all have a lovely day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very true saying
    Your fun fold is lovely Thank you for the instructions I will hopefully have a go at some point
    Just finishing breakfast and then I’ll be getting ready to go into London for the day At the moment we are luckily bathed in sunshine
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. You made a gorgeous card for yesterday’s blog. I didn’t tell you how much I loved it on Thursday, sorry my lovely. I think we all get trapped into our own little worlds crafting sometimes. I know we put the world to rights too 😏I hope you have managed to get some gardening done today xx
    I hope you have all managed to do what you planned today.
    Maria, enjoy seeing your family “in the flesh” Xx
    Lilian, hope your back starts to improve a little very soon xx
    We have had all of the grands for the first time since before Christmas which had been fabulous. I will be having a lazy day tomorrow ☺️
    It has been dry but with a really chilly wind, not that Paige and Chris jnr noticed when they played football out there, but then the youngster never do. We were all the same. Being kept in after school or at weekends and holidays would have felt like a punishment wouldn’t it. Times have changed haven’t they! Phoebe and Penny stayed in as Penny was making a bird house with me and Phoebe is still not allowed to do any sport because of her collarbone still not being healed properly bless her. She is getting over a nasty cold too and she didn’t complain when we encouraged her to just relax snuggled up on the sofa.
    I’m off to put my feet up now. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, wet and cold here, I know we are a rainy county, but I don’t remember so much rain day after day. Let’s hope we have a lovely warm April like last year.
    Love card and the instructions, you make look easy, I’ll give it a try.
    Hope you all have a good weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete