Tuesday 26 March 2024

Retiform/Sketch Challenge card

 


Good Morning Ladies,

Well the temperature has definitely dropped around here compared to Sunday,  in the sheltered part of the garden I was just in my Tshirt, compared to yesterday when I needed an extra jumper.  The forecast isn't great for the rest of the week including the bank holiday weekend sadly.  We are going down to visit Paul's mum on Saturday, although I imagine it will be super busy in Brixham/Paignton area.   We will hopefully manage a bracing stroll along the harbour as long as it isn't raining.   What do you all have planned?                    Easter doesn't seem to be celebrated as much these days, I remember as a child Easter Sunday was a real celebration, we would see lots of our relatives and Easter Sunday lunch was almost as big a celebration as Christmas lunch,  I do remember having turkey and all the trimmings at Easter, we will usually have a Leg of English Lamb, its one meat that we don't have for regular Sunday lunch, mostly because its so expensive, its nice to have it as a treat though.  

As predicted today was a slow & sore one for me, mostly spent in my craft chair!  Paul laughed as every time I had to get up I let out those involuntary 'getting old' noises,  ooh'ing & aarh'ing without even realising! 

Today's card was an experiment,  I wanted to see if I could make the Retiform Technique fit the Sketch Challenge, It's not perfect but I think it works, I used the offset square to put the sentiment in, I wanted to do shades of green and foliage stamps as a theme. I really like how it turned out in the end.  

I hope that you all have as good a day as possible,

Sending my love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card, the Retiform technique really works and I love the foliage theme 😊
    I’m working over Easter, but only until lunchtime on Sunday and off Monday. We haven’t got anything planned though. Probably best to stay home seeing the weather forecast!
    I hope you slept well last night and the aches and pains are easing 🥰
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a “cool” technique and I love this foliage version I definitely think you need to set this one up as a separate challenge especially after your brill step by step guide
    We don’t have any plans over Easter OH used to work all through Easter so it was never one we “properly” celebrated As a child though it was a time to visit relatives My Nan and my mum’s aunt were the only ones I know that sent Easter cards - do any of you?
    Getting nails done this morning and she bans me from crafting for today and possibly tomorrow!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone.
    A gorgeous card Sandra. Love the colour and the sentiment is lovely. ♥
    We are not making much this Easter other then I'm looking after a neighbours cat called Blaze. If the weather is nice in between the rain that's on its way I like to do some walking. We used to decorate branches with catkins with feathers outside and inside the house. Made up carton eggs with sweets inside for the kids. As children we used to colour in some Easter letter fold them up and then dressed as witches etc we go and knock on the neighbours doors for more sweets or some pennies if you were lucky 😁 Happy times.
    Hope you had a nice day. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card today love the greens the foliage and sentiment, the layout is brilliant, definitely on my to do list, I just love everything about it.
    We haven’t anything planned for the Easter weekend, one daughter and family plus six in-laws are going to Spain and will be Walking the Camino, they have been in training for weeks. The other daughter is home we may see her as she is only the other side of Croydon. We always used to visit the family when the girls were small, the girls loved that as they would get Easter eggs from everyone.
    Take care ladies, sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a beautiful card. I love the all green colour and the foliage you chose. Hopefully you won’t be in quite so much pain tomorrow xx
    Maria, It’s always interesting to hear the traditions you had. Where did dressing up as witches come from? Xx
    As children we would celebrate Easter nearly as much as Christmas with a big roast for all of the family, grandparents etc. Never had lamb though as it made Mum ill. We will have roast lamb this Sunday as an early birthday dinner for Chris as that is his favourite roast. Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello all, sunny today, but heavy rain tomorrow.

    Sandra love your card, hope to be able to craft tomorrow.

    Not else going on so I’ll say goodnight. Lilian

    ReplyDelete