Saturday 23 March 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

It's been an exciting week in our house, with Matt getting his new job, Becca is having a lovely time in Sri Lanka, they went on s littlest Safara yesterday,  she got really close to an Baby elephant and it's Mumma....



How blessed is she,  she was overcome with emotion bless her.  The top photo of is of the Baby Elephant,  the second is Adam,  his twin Ross and Becca and Ross's Girlfriend Katie are in front, the last photo is Becca with star of the show in the background ❤️ 

Retiform Technique 

Step by Step


I decided to show you how to create cards using the 'Retiform' technique'

Retiform Technique Explained:

It involves creating a network or grid-like pattern on your card using lines or shapes. For this reason it is also called the grid technique. The technique is incredibly adaptable. It can be used with a variety of materials, such as pencils, pens, markers, watercolours and stamps.

Its a great way to use stamp sets that you already have, you could use magazine free stamps too, they don't even need to be themed like mine is.


You start with a piece of card 1/4 inch smaller than your card base.


Next step is to take large post it or low tack tape and mask off a section of card,  you then take your chosen ink and whichever blending tool you prefer and starting off of the card front, blend the ink along the line that you have masked. 

Just like this, you now need to decide where your next section is going to go.

Reposition your post it or tape and ink along the masked line again, you can blend the ink out into the area you have created, just make sure the actual line is visible. 



Continue to reposition your post it /tape to create the pattern you like.


This is my inked pattern.

Now we can add some stamping, before you start though Mask of the area you are going to stamp in so that the stamping remains totally inside each section.

Stamp your desired details in a darker shade of the ink that you created the borders with.

I started mine with this anchor stamp, once I had stamped, I moved the post it notes and moved on to the next area. 


Continue to mask off each area and stamp your chosen design.




Here is my finished piece, I will say that it is a good idea to decide at the start where your chosen sentiment will go and build your pattern around it. 

I then mounted my stamped piece onto a contrasting card base.   


This is a different version to the one above, after I finished I realised I hadn't done enough photographed steps, so I made another one. 

I am going to make my next one in shades of green,  using different foliage stamps for the details.   

You could use any theme you like,  I quite fancy doing Seasons as a theme.  Especially Spring! 

I hope you enjoyed this brief tutorial on the Retiform Technique,  I look forward to seeing any that you make. 

*******************

I hope that you all have a great Saturday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love the quote ☺️
    It looks like Becca, Adam, Ross and Katie are having a great time. How wonderful to be up so close to the elephants. The photos are lovely ☺️
    Thank you for sharing your Retiform card and technique, it’s fabulous. So versatile and great for those smaller stamps we all must have. I will definitely be trying it out ☺️
    Karen, hope the antibiotics work and clears your cough soon xx
    Maria, glad all the windows and doors are done, hope you have a quieter weekend xx
    Lilian, have a lovely time with your family xx
    Brenda, Sue and Janet hope you’re all keeping well xx
    Have a lovely weekend everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos of the 4 of them and I love the quote
    Thank you so much for the tutorial I will definitely have a go Like you say it’s know which space to put your sentiment in is the lynch pin How about setting it as a challenge? We all have stamps and inks We can improvise with the post-it notes and use copier paper if we don’t have post-it notes etc
    I’m hoping the cough improves as it hurts to cough doesn’t it ladies but O don’t feel too bad I’m grateful the doctor understood/sympathised with my concerns and that I’d done the right thing I hate going to the doctors etc and waste their time
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Oh they look to have a wonderful time in Sri Lanka. Loved going on the safari but never got so up close with an animal except for a snake that was on the table and toads in the toilet 😄 the elephant baby is so cute. Also Congratulations to them both!
    Thanks for the technique tutorial for this card. I made one once with the same stamps and like to try it again so Karen' s idea is a good one, we could all try it.
    We just popped quickly to Lidl this morning and then I have made some dusting and hovering. Not sure where it all coming from but it is like sand on the floor, maybe from between the old windows as we do have sand from the desert blowing over UK sometimes. Freezing cold wind outside so even if the sun is out I'm not putting the winter coat away just yet.
    Have a nice Saturday everyone, many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete