Sunday 3 March 2024

Your Challenge Projects

 








Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

We are supposed to have a dry day today (fingers crossed),  hopefully we can get outside.  

Now we were discussing Sowing/growing/pruning times yesterday,  I naively thought that March was Spring,  June was summer etc, well I am now educated,  I didn't realise there were specific dates,  which when you think about Summer & Winter Solstice etc makes sense, so we did some research:

Spring 20th March to 20th June 2024

Summer 22th June to 20th September 2024

Autumn 22nd September to 20th December 

Winter 20th December to 22nd March 2025. 

I also learnt a few weeks ago that Moon phases determine holidays such as Easter,  we were chatting to someone in a supermarket about how early Easter is this year.  We then got on to talking about people planting to the Lunar calendar years ago.  It's something that fascinates me.  

Now let's look at what you have been creating this week...

Your Challenge Projects 

Karen 



Karen's Description:  

Here are two cards for the challenge 
1) An old technique that Sue W showed - pave using Nuvo drops and a Daisy B sentiment

Card 2) I found this “woven” background that I made donkeys years ago I used her weaving strips die in antique gold I have matted it onto a piece of Clarity Rainbow Waters paper and a Julie Hickey flower 
I can’t decide on a sentiment and which colour to use.

2 cards with lovely backgrounds, those Nuvo drips must have taken ages to do, they look really effective though.  I love the antique gold lattice work, it goes perfectly with the background paper, the lovely flower finishes it beautifully.  Thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Lilian 


Lilian's Description: 

Hi, here is my card for this week, I tried the gesso but think I had it too weak.
I used a Lavinia stamps stencil, and used oxide inks to colour 
The stamp is an old penny black that I came across when I was sorting out my room, don’t think I ever used it, coloured with ecoline pens, although I do find them rather bright.

Oh I love the colours in your background Lilian, the gesso thing is hard to judge as it literally says to make it into a wash, no guide to amount.  What a bonus find that stamp was, its beautiful and I love the colour you have used. 
Thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Sonia


Sonia's Description:

Here’s my card for Sunday…
Background created using Cosmic Shimmer Powders through an AALL stencil. Dragonfly from Gummiapan ☺️ Will add a sentiment later.
Pixie Powders: Aqua Lagoon and Bronze Blush

Sonia I adore the colours in that background, they work so well together,  I also love the way they have spread organically but you can still see the detail of the stencil. 
Thank you for the Inspiration my lovely XXX 

Maria






Three lovely cards from our Maria,  the first two are made using Pixie powders to create those lovely backgrounds. 
The third card isca Crystal Art card that Maria has made for her Dad's 80th Birthday later this month. 
Thanks so much my lovely for 3 lovely cards. XXX 

******************
Such a varied selection of cards this week ladies, thank you all so very much ❤️ 

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the calendar dates🤣 I thought Spring began on the 1st March too!
    I love seeing everyone’s cards on a Sunday and their take on the challenge Some fantastic ideas for backgrounds especially the colour combinations- which is where I struggle
    The boys stayed overnight with us We laughed and laughed Oscar was brilliant considering his problems and Charlie is becoming such a character He was showing us things like how to relax - hilarious and his magic trick with his coat etc
    Tiring but lovely I’ll be definitely having my nanna nap this afternoon
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    WoW, love the cards you have made ladies. The backgrounds are gorgeous.
    Wishing you all a nice Sunday and hopefully you have the same sunshine that we have in Buckinghamshire 🌞.
    It was - 1 c this morning when we went out this morning 8 am for a hospital appointment. I got a new injection in my knee so hopefully it will work this time for a few months 🤞
    Sue, glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care.
    Lilian, take it easy. Hopefully you get the meds. sent to you tomorrow.
    Karen, wonderful to hear about your grandsons. So much happiness and fun but enjoy your nanna nap later on 🤭
    Many hugs to you all. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A lovely display of cards today, they’re beautiful 😍
    Home now after a long day at work. I’m looking forward to a day off tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed this dry, sunny weather continues. Although it’s still very cold and was frosty this morning.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete