Sunday 16 April 2023

Your Challenge Projects

 







Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

As you are all getting up this morning we will be on the way to Stansted Airport, to appease Lucy's anxiety we had to get her there 3 hours before her flight,  so that she had "plenty of time". 

I did suggest finding a National Trust property tl visit in that area but it would be too early, we'd have to find somewhere and have a nap 😴🤣😂

Let's have a  look at  your cards.. 

"Your Cards that work for Men"


Lilian 

Lilian's Description:

I used a new Lavinia stencil 

Oxide inks in peeled paint , old paper, and moss.

Die cut is an old spellbinders .

7x5 white card.

Lilian I love this card, I really love that Grasses die!  Your stencilled background is amazing as always my lovely. 

Thank you so much for supporting the challenge Lilian XXX 


Sonia



Sonia's Description:

Cards 1 & 2 :  I’ve used Honey Doo ink splotches stamp. Gummiapan circle stamp and Sugar Pea Designs sentiments and stars. I’ve also used Tracey Hey ‘fabulous’ sentiment stamp.

Card 3:  This card uses the Gummiapan circles stamp and Sugar Pea Designs sentiments.

Wow Sonia you have made some incredible backgrounds this week !! I have those HoneyDoo paint splats and never used them, mind you I've only had them 3, maybe 4 YEARS!! 🤣😅,  you have made me want to get them out and play !  You also have an amazing assortment of sentiments ❤️

Thank you so much for taking part Sonia XXX



 Karen 



Karen's Description:

Card 1:  Sizzix dies mounted onto acetate and card
I doctored a Hunky Dory sentiment set of dies

Card 2:  A Christmas card where I cut out the numbers on ScanNCut Embossed and matted with foam pads The photo makes it look like they have been placed on top of the embossed card but they are definitely cut away.  Was inspired by Sue’s card for Chris. 

Wow Karen I love the Anniversary card you made for Alan,  sometimes the simplest designs have the Wow factor,  now did you cut the 'Y" off of the "Your" Anniversary?? What a brilliant idea, I have never thought of doing that.
Brilliant alternative Christmas card idea too, those numbers are like an optic illusion, as  they do look like they are sitting on top of the embossed layer! 

Thank you so much Karen for your continuous support XXX


Sue


Sue's Description:

I used a Creative expressions embossing folder and Stampin’ up numbers. A super quick card for once xx

Now this isn't the card you started on Thursday Sue, did you give up on that one?  
This one is fantastic,  I love that Embossing folder, your papers match beautifully with the little stars having the same shade as the background.  
This one isn't for your Gem is it?  She can never be 36 !!! 
Thanks for supporting the challenge Sue XXX 

Janet


Janet has very kindly shared an amazing card for this weeks challenge. 

I really love those vintage images Janet,  are they stamped and fussy cut or are they Stamperia chipboards ?  
How can 9 scored lines make a card look so classy?? I absolutely love the look, its classic clean & simple! Thank you so much Janet for supporting this weeks challenge.  
I am crossing my fingers that you feel up to getting back into your craft room this week,  I am sure that any technique will feel like a new one to you XXX

Brenda 


Brenda's Description:

I have had this background with the clocks stamped on for ages, and looked at it earlier - all I can say it was like a lightbulb moment - what if I added Happy Birthday and TIME it will work for this weeks challenge ( that’s if I have got the challenge correct)

You certainly do have the right challenge,  I love that gorgeous background,  did you stamp the clocks and blend ink over them?  It's an amazing effect!  The Happy Birthday is perfect and the 'time' sentiment is spot on!! 
Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge my lovely XXX 

Maria




Maria's Description:  

I made another card as the one last week, just changed the DO and
the sentiment. This one was for OH, he is definitively  You are using
 a lot of post it notes by doing these : )

I have a lot of scrap papers so used a piece behind this little Boxer puppy.
 I used water colour paints to colour him in or maybe it is a bitch  : )

This one was a very quick card as I just used a pierce of Honkeydory
paper and used some really old stickler letters to make Dad  : )


Maria thank you so much for your 3 amazing cards, I think I might try your Masking technique for next weeks Challenge as I love the effect !  
Your water colour puppy is adorable, he definitely looks like a mischievous boy puppy to me!!  Believe me with Harley and Benji I am an expert on Mischievous puppies!! 🤣😂
You can't beat a Hunkydory card for speed,  they have some lovely 'traditional ' images too. 

Thank you so much for taking part in this challenge my lovely,  by the way,  I kept your other beautiful card for another day XXX



********************

So amazing to have so many of you featuring in this weeks challenge gallery, it really fills my heart with gratitude,  you are all amazing 👏 ❤

Have an amazing Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra 
xxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    A lovely selection of beautiful cards, they’re all fantastic 😍 I definitely think we’ve got these difficult to make masculine cards down to a T 😀
    I hope Lucy and Flynn have a great time, and you’re able to have a relaxing day when you get home.
    I’m working again today, but off tomorrow so will be hoping to craft then.
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely cards and like Sonia has said we’ve aced make cards!
    Hope the trip to Stanstead goes OK
    We’re off to a Rueda (my favourite) workshop later and I’m down as “flexisex” 🤣 In other words I can dance the lead (usually male) or follower (usually female) parts
    I have to say Lilian your embossing folder is lovely and it looks like Tracy Evans has brought out a similar one!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone
    Beautiful beautiful cards this week.

    SANDRA - the images on my card are stamped and then fussy cut.
    Would you believe that this card was actually made in 2017!

    Hope everythingwent well this morning.
    HUGS to you all. Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I love love all if your challenge cards ladies they really are beautiful.
    Sandra, I did the background on my card first using a sponge to get the effect. Then I stamped the clock faces on top and then embossed with a bronze embossing powder. The sentiment is also in bronze metallic card but it doesn’t show up. It looks black actually.
    Hope the journey to Stanstead wasn’t too exhausting for you both. I’m sure Lucy and Flynn are going to have a wonderful time, thanks to mum and dad getting them there to catch the flight.
    Hope everyone is having a good day. I’m just going to go out into the garden for half an hour so that’s probably all I can manage, but it will be nice as it’s nice and bright outside.
    Whatever you’re doing enjoy, Your day, take care love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening all, dull today but spent a time in the garden, would have to have done more but my back decided I’d done enough.

    The cards today are all super, Karen love your anniversary card, just proves that saying : less is more:

    Hope you have all had an enjoyable weekend, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Beautiful cards ladies. yap I would say we beat the men cards phobia all of us.
    Hoping you all had a lovely day and aches and pains were low.
    We had a nice outing to Frost again today, so nice to walk around all the pretty flowers etc.
    Sleep well everyone. Many hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete